eFx Collectibles Announce THE AVENGERS Limited Edition Replicas

eFX has announced that the first of its collection will be on sale at SDCC. The Captain America TFA posters. That's something at least, and these look pretty good! Hopefully they will give details on the non-paper prop release dates.

While the posters do look good, the movie they're based on was released almost a year ago. Not sure that is a good indication of the timeliness of the Avengers props (which do look awesome).

How long have they had the license? I would guess about 6 months and all they could make available are posters. Lol. How does efx stay in business? Oh yea peoples preorders. I mean their release dates are not worth anything. I would hazard to guess everyone's preorders on the tie fighter bought this license for them. I understand runs can take time but when you outsource them to a production facility in China I wouldn't think the production facility would want to work on an item for 2 years where your only making 1000 of them. Also runs on here aren't the same. They are a company not a one man operation so why the horrible updates and taking people's money in advance when absolutely no product arrives. They would make people happier if they didn't take funds until the items are in hand. Even if these avengers props are awesome I wouldn't preorder them at all. Just not worth it to me too wait for years for the product.
Jim

Also didn't windless studios get their METAL iron man helmets out on time? Just saying.

And they were actually late with the release of their MK3 version.
Having said that it seems that eFx is patientely waiting for all the hype surrounding the movie to slowly die before they finally decide to show some of the final products and their specs.

Last edited:
And they were actually late with the release of their MK3 version.
Having said that it seems that eFx is patientely waiting for all the hype surrounding the movie to slowly die before they finally decide to show some of the final products and their specs.

Why would they be "patiently waiting for all the hype surrounding the movie to slowly die before they finally decide to show some of the final products and their specs?"

Or is that... this new thing called sarcasm?

Anyone at SDCC that spoke to them or got any word on when pre-orders will start? It's honestly getting to be a bit ridiculous. Their products may be good if the ever come out, but their customer service is horrible.

Just got back from Comic con and saw the prototypes. The Thor hammer is awesome. The Captain America shield is showing wear and tear. There is a chip on the shield and the white/metal ring is dull. Sorry no pictures.

Just got back from Comic con and saw the prototypes. The Thor hammer is awesome. The Captain America shield is showing wear and tear. There is a chip on the shield and the white/metal ring is dull. Sorry no pictures.

It IS fiberglass. It's not going to be shiny. That's screen accurate to the movie.

Not surprised they couldn't announce anything at Comic Con.

Maybe these will be out in time for Avengers 2.

It IS fiberglass. It's not going to be shiny. That's screen accurate to the movie.

Not surprised they couldn't announce anything at Comic Con.

Maybe these will be out in time for Avengers 2.

I really hope we don't have to wait THAT long to get these!
It's upsetting no announcements could be made at one of the biggest events of the year.
Very upsetting.

Yes, the film used both though.

movies_avengers_super_bowl_trailer_best_bits_2.jpg

I got the fortunate change of meeting Bryan in person and seeing the EFX booth at the Star Wars Celebration VI... and let me say... AMAZING stuff... We talked for a good 45 minutes and it was blast, great guy. And great news.. Cap shields and helmets should be available for pre-order in October time frame, and Thor hammer and helmet available in late september hopefully.. Bryan, I hope I remembered those dates right. Also, the cap shield and helm will run around $400-$500 each.. amazing price point.

Details:
- Shield - as some of you know, I have made some Aluminum shields.. and this fiberglass shield is a gorgeous piece of artwork. It is definitely more durable, and lighter in weight. It also is much thicker as well. It's pulled right from the mold from the Avengers shield, the the paint job does look metallic unlike what I've seen in some other pics. I don't believe my pics do this piece justice either. I will definitly be getting one of these.

-Helm - is a silicone base and it fit me better than I thought it would.. I've actually never like the helm design from the Avengers movie, but putting this one, I actually like it on me.. lol.. I will also be getting one of these.

- Thor hammer - HEAVY - lol.. and very cool.... love the design

-Thor Helm - BIG! .. I am definitely not Thor sized... but my fiance liked wearing the Thor gear. :)

Pics..

EFX_shield.jpg

EFX_Capt_Helm1.jpg

EFX_cap_helm2.jpg

DSC01293.jpg

DSC01292.jpg

Bryan and I... he also gave me one of each of the three posters they release from TFA, and they are very cool. I'll be getting these framed soon.

Untitled-3.jpg

The card sets and key chains are also nice little items that will be released soon.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back