Ecto-1 Magnum - Ectoberfest Charity Total: $24,000!

Re: Ghostbusters Ecto-1 Magnum

IMG_3123_DxO_raw.jpg

This could be a poster for GB3.

Last edited:

As pleased as I am with your reactions, I simply cannot abide by the notion that a Dodge Magnum is more "stylish" than a 1959 Miller.... *crossarms*

As pleased as I am with your reactions, I simply cannot abide by the notion that a Dodge Magnum is more "stylish" than a 1959 Miller.... *crossarms*

True.... but the only other option was to say:

"They're back.... and they're getting better milege".:lol

don't you have problems with the cops for having the whole rig in the roof and the blue lights?

Had some fun tonight as featured guests of a huge festival celebrating the 25th anniversary of Old Town Fort Collins' renovation, basically a giant 80s party! Kegan, it was great to meet you! Thanks for coming up and introducing yourself!

fort1.jpg

doonau.jpg

lizecto.jpg

fstone0.jpg

**** just got real.
fstone1.jpg

Interesting story that needs a little setup.

We all instantly recognize the Ghostbusters firehouse, which is actually Ladder 8 of the New York Fire Department in Tribeca, Lower Manhattan. What you might not know is that the interior you see on screen is actually a completely different building in Los Angeles, CA. Ladder 23 in the Toy District of downtown LA has been used in many films over the years, the interior in Ghostbusters, The Mask, Police Academy, Flatliners, and dozens of others.

Last week my buddies and I got together for a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to enter and explore this abandoned building.

IMG_0067.jpg

There's a man who actually lives inside the building, part caretaker, part squatter. We arranged the tour with him, but when we arrived he was a no-show for over an hour. Finally we crawled through the fence, banged on the door, and blasted the Ectos siren for a few minutes and got his attention.

IMG_0091.jpg

Backing in, the 2k is the first Ecto to roll into the bay since 1989!
IMG_0097.jpg

IMG_0221.jpg

IMG_0102.jpg

IMG_7290.jpg

IMG_0108.jpg

We explored every inch, with a large number of us documenting the buildings layout for the massive replica prop archive on one of our sites. We even got to try out the fire poles!

IMG_0163.jpg

IMG_7337.jpg

IMG_0368.jpg

My buddy Vinny....
IMG_0386.jpg

****ING LASER CONTAINMENT GRIDS, HOW DO THEY WORK?

IMG_0207_5_6_tonemapped.jpg

With a brief stop just down the road at the Biltmore Hotel.
IMG_0394.jpg

birf.jpg

YouTube - Denver Ghostbusters' Ecto Magnum Invades LA23 Firestation

YouTube - Ecto Entrance - So-Cal & Denver Ghostbusters tour historic LA23 Fire Station
Pretty amazing opportunity, and a ****ing ton of fun.

Incredible! Did the caretaker charge you to look around Ladder 23, or is he actually open to showing people around and no one thinks to ask?

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back