Dracks Ironman MK VI Build (helmet update)

Yeah, decided to bite the bullet and just buy a new laptop with windows8. (Hate windows8) lol. I have the pepakura viewer and designer, but I am still in DESPERATE need of templates or plans for MK3 and MK7. Been getting incomplete ones from here, so basically I just need a FULL set from someone. I'm not sure how to get started with the software either, if you have the time to give me a step by step I would be grateful. Anxious to post some pics of my own. Obviously I'm dedicated, bought a laptop just for this build. Just need the guidance. Thanks for the reply. Hope to hear from you more.

Here is a link to pretty much everything that is pep. http://www.therpf.com/f24/noob-field-guide-pep-costuming-175679/
As for how to use pepakura just play around with it. Its such an easy program to use. The only tool you will really need is the scaling tool and before you ask no you cant adjust just one scale. When you change one axis the others will increase/decrease at the same rate. For a scaling tutorial use the one at the start of my thread , its simple and doesn't go into unnecessary details.

Re: Dracks Ironman MK VI Foam Build

Very nice work man!
Looks great!
What about the Mark V-
Why did you stop working on it?!

This is a beautiful foam build Drack... one of the cleanest I've seen! (s everyone is saying! :p)
Would you recommend foam over cardstock at this point then? I've always gone with card/paper in previous projects but I'm mighty impressed by what you've managed to create. Although as a first timer I guess my cuts wouldnt be anywhere near as clean as yours.

Just a note if you want, pep runs fine on Parallels 8 on Windows 8 for me... tried the free option of WINE, but it would work.

If you don't have access to a PC though, then the Parallels setup will work :)

Very nice work man!
Looks great!
What about the Mark V-
Why did you stop working on it?!

Cheers man. The reason the MKV stopped is I damaged the helmet and it really annoyed me to the point that I couldn't face working on it. So while I calmed down I thought I should make something and started a Halo helmet. I got a bit carried away and ended up making the whole suit. I may go back to the MK V at some point but if I do it wont be out of foam. I enjoyed making suits out of foam because I could do them in the house but the quality just isn't good enough for me any more. If I do decided to go back to the MK V it will be a sculpt as I have fallen in love with clay now :)

This is a beautiful foam build Drack... one of the cleanest I've seen! (s everyone is saying! :p)
Would you recommend foam over cardstock at this point then? I've always gone with card/paper in previous projects but I'm mighty impressed by what you've managed to create. Although as a first timer I guess my cuts wouldnt be anywhere near as clean as yours.

Just a note if you want, pep runs fine on Parallels 8 on Windows 8 for me... tried the free option of WINE, but it would work.

If you don't have access to a PC though, then the Parallels setup will work :)

I couldn't honestly recommend one over the other. Foam is nice because you can do it in the house but isn't as clean as a peped suit but you have to be really good to pull off a good looking peped suit and have lots of patients with it as it is very time consuming. Personally I wont be doing either anymore because my first try at clay sculpting my armour has come out better than I thought. You can do it in the house. There's no mess and if something doesn't look quite right its easy to adjust.

As for not having a PC I kinda do, well my wife's laptop which to be honest has become mine :p

Sculpting?!?! Ooh you got my attention lol. I do agree that after seeing what some of the sculpters on here can do it is very tempting to actually start this method.

Personally I wont be doing either anymore because my first try at clay sculpting my armour has come out better than I thought. You can do it in the house. There's no mess and if something doesn't look quite right its easy to adjust.

Pics plz!!!

Thankyou so much for quick reply , do you go to any venues in uk ?? Once I get mine sorted I was hoping to mett up with fellow ironmen :)

No worries man :)
I just went to London Comic-Con in May and hopefully will be going again in oct but will see if I can afford it. Next May I will definitely be there as my wife started planning it the day we got back :p

Before I post my pic up I would like start by thanking everyone that has helped, encouraged or followed my work. When I started this hobby I never would have dreamed that one day I would have made what is sat in from of me. If you persevere and are willing to learn the hard way you can achieve your dreams. Without further a due here is the finished article. Its the master painted up so will only be used as a display piece but it will get the same treatment as my wearable helmet. All thats left to do is make some eyes, hinges and a base for it to sit on.

Here is a picture of my first attempt a year and a half ago. Awful right!? :D

IMG_01141.jpg

Now after lots of reading and hard work the real thing!

IMG_2238_zps19aa7e28.jpg
IMG_2239_zps91cc8d09.jpg

I know the face plate doesn't align properly but it warped a little while left in the sun so a quick heat gun session should get it back to its rightful place.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back