Dracks Ironman MK VI Build (helmet update)

So it seems my instant notifications aren't working so this was a nice surprise. Thank you all for your kind words but before I get to replying here is a very quick video of the rough hinge system I have come up with. I will be refining it and if I can work out how to explain it will post a thread for hinge set ups with my version and any others that I can find or link in the first post so people can learn from and share the knowledge. I want the thread to be similar/to accompany 7sinzz's.

I know in the video you can see the foamex/sintra but like I said its just a mock up so that should hopefully be brought to a minimum. My final hinges will be made from much thinner aluminium.

IMG 2266 - YouTube

Do you possibly have the template that you used for your helmet it looks spectacular.

Do you mind sharing the files for the helmet? Thanks!

I honestly cant remember and the files are on my wife's laptop, somewhere! If you go to Stealths youtube tutorials they are linked on them.

Nice work

Looks great!

THIS IS NUUUTS!!!!!! BEAUTIFUL Drack!!!(y)cheers

what did you do! what did you do! wow brother that is awesomeness maxed out! love it D

Wow that looks awesome. Great work

:thumbsupThat helmet is fantastic Drack, well done mate! :thumbsup

Thank you loads guys I am soooo happy with it. I cant stop looking at it as I never thought I would ever build what was in my head back at the start of all this :)

Last edited by a moderator:
ohohohoh! im gonna have to gaffer tape my jaw up coz ur stuff keeps making it hit the deck bro "dirty chin!":p

Lol cheers bro! I am so chuffed with it! Working on the eyes at the moment but its slow work as in the middle of ripping my kitchen out ready for a house make over :)
Should have the aluminium hinges in soon too but I want to do some adjustments to the front ones so they are not so visible.

Small update. Got the eyes cut and in place. I made them from opaque acrylic. I cut them out, popped them in the oven and then bent into shape. They are not glued in yet as I need to work out how many and which LEDs I want in them but more than happy with the result :)

IMG_2284i_zps0228e359.jpg

Last edited:
Even without the shoulder pad it still looks the business, great job on the helmet really like the little details youve done on it

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back