Dracks Ironman MK VI Build (helmet update)

Really great work there Drack!

Even without the shoulder pad it still looks the business, great job on the helmet really like the little details youve done on it

Yeah!! Looking really good!
Nice work!

How does it feel?

Cheers guys :)

Sandbagger: it feels pretty comfortable to wear. I didn't want to move too much because I had forgot to fix the hinges in so the face plate was resting in place. Trying to get my wife to screw everything in wasn't really going to happen. Once I have finished ripping my house apart I will do a video of my limited movement in it :p

guys got a can of plastidip it was white in colour and I applied it on the neck piece I have done. problem now is that it is really lumpy!!!! should I have got the can spray?

guys got a can of plastidip it was white in colour and I applied it on the neck piece I have done. problem now is that it is really lumpy!!!! should I have got the can spray?

Hmm that's weird. I take it you ordered from plastidip.co.uk. You can try the spray but you're gunna need a lot of cans for a whole suit which will set you back a lot of cash. I would complain to whom ever you bought it from cause it shouldn't be lumpy. I assume you stirred your paint first?

yea drack gave it a good shake etc applied it with a radiator brush etc someparts are ok where others have more white plastidip on it, im just afraid to prime it now because the lumps will show under the grey car primer? have you used the white in the large tin? cheers pal

yea drack gave it a good shake etc applied it with a radiator brush etc someparts are ok where others have more white plastidip on it, im just afraid to prime it now because the lumps will show under the grey car primer? have you used the white in the large tin? cheers pal

Well it depends on what you call clumpy but at the end of the day there is no way of fixing it so I would just go ahead and prime it. If it doesn't come out nice and smooth I would see if you can return it because for the price of the stuff you want it to apply nice and smooth. Oh and yeah I bought a 2.5 litre white can.

maybe im doing it wrong drack. my pva is not going totally clear also after three coats.are you just applying with normal paint brush? ive put a coat of primer on and can still see the foam coming through so its far from smooth drack.it must be me doing something. did you thin yours also?

Ah well it could be to do with the PVA. When its completely dry it should all be transparent.

Edit: It has to be that. Its the only thing your doing different. Wait until its completely dry and make sure your coats are nice and thin.

Last edited:
just thinking nowafter another reply by stealth..i got the pva glue from tesco so is their own brand and fairly cheap. maybe this is the problem?

Drack is right, the glue should become transparent. Make sure to use thin coats like he suggested.

also, haven't checked out this thread in a while. Everything is looking insane. Can't even believe that is Foam....damn. :thumbsup

Wow you did an awesome job! Super clean and beautiful! I always hated foam built because they don't look right but yours is awesome! At first I wasn't even sure it was foam but then I read the text and I was suprised! Congrat! Really nice work and keep doing awesome stuff like this!

Drack is right, the glue should become transparent. Make sure to use thin coats like he suggested.

also, haven't checked out this thread in a while. Everything is looking insane. Can't even believe that is Foam....damn. :thumbsup

Hehe cheers Stealth. Yeah sorry I haven't been up to much, well I have but not on the iron Man suit. Been busy getting ready for a shoot in my Halo suit so wanted it finished for the camera. The director said he would love the gravity hammer in the film so I had to oblige. I should be getting on with finishing the undersuit but my Halo helmet sculpt was so close I am finishing that. Not much to do now so I have time to get the whole suit ready.

Wow you did an awesome job! Super clean and beautiful! I always hated foam built because they don't look right but yours is awesome! At first I wasn't even sure it was foam but then I read the text and I was suprised! Congrat! Really nice work and keep doing awesome stuff like this!

Lol cheers man! :)

Cheers guys :)

Sandbagger: it feels pretty comfortable to wear. I didn't want to move too much because I had forgot to fix the hinges in so the face plate was resting in place. Trying to get my wife to screw everything in wasn't really going to happen. Once I have finished ripping my house apart I will do a video of my limited movement in it :p
Can u show a picture of the hinge? Also do they lock? I just cut out the face on my helmet but would rather put in on a hinge the have the faceplate removeable.

Can u show a picture of the hinge? Also do they lock? I just cut out the face on my helmet but would rather put in on a hinge the have the faceplate removeable.

Sorry man I have taken the hinges apart and no idea where they are in the house at the moment. Once I have time to get back on the helmet I will put it back together and take a pic for you.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back