Doctor Who Tennant suit fabric reweave

THANKSGIVING ANNOUNCEMENT:

The cotton has arrived and is being shipped to all those who ordered just the fabric today! Tracking numbers have all been sent.

Those who ordered finished suits should only have a little bit longer to wait.

Kind regards,
Indy

Fantastic! Any awe-inspiring photos of large amounts of the fabric? (as opposed to just little swatches?)

I just got my fabric in, here are some pics.

DSC01341.jpg

DSC01340.jpg

DSC01347.jpg

DSC01349.jpg

To my eyes, both colors are pretty dead on. The fabric is thinner and smoother than the swatches Magnoli sent me way back, which is great. The stripe spacing on the brown is SLIGHTLY off (my swatch is from a belt loop and is heavily creased and a bit shrunken anyways), but this is still the best option by a long shot IMO. The spacing of the blue is perfect.

Thanks for posting those Risu. I saw on DW_Cosplay, that you said you'd posted a quick review, so I came straight here. Looks awesome. I'll definitely be ordering some (probably the brown fabric) after Christmas haha.

How many yards would be needed for a full suit?

Thanks for posting those Risu. I saw on DW_Cosplay, that you said you'd posted a quick review, so I came straight here. Looks awesome. I'll definitely be ordering some (probably the brown fabric) after Christmas haha.

How many yards would be needed for a full suit?

The site says that a full suit typically requires 4 yards, but that you can contact them with any questions you may have, so if you think you may not be a "typical" size, they'll have a look at your measurements and help you decide how much you'd need.

And as further frame of reference, I'm 6'2" with a 38 jacket. It actually wouldn't have required so much, but the seamstress I was working with made a mistake and we had to recut a couple of trouser pieces.

Well I noticed that we were pretty much the same size when we were talking, of course I have a bit of a gut though lol.

I think I'll probably go for 5 yards. If I have extra I'll just have to make something else with it. No big deal.

I imagine a waistcoat with this fabric on the front and a black back would look pretty cool. Or I could make some #10 swim shorts or something haha.

I almost want my own suits. I could totally use them for job interviews! I shall think on this.

A guy couldn't...trust me, i have several tennant suits and they're not appropriate for interviews. But for women, all the way, my old boss used to wear a suit almost exactly like the brown and blue one, and she was a very high-powered lady indeed.

A guy couldn't...trust me, i have several tennant suits and they're not appropriate for interviews. But for women, all the way, my old boss used to wear a suit almost exactly like the brown and blue one, and she was a very high-powered lady indeed.

I'm going to have to disagree there. I wear my Tennant suit to work all the time and am constantly complimented on it. Only once have I ever been called out by someone who recognized it, and they're an RPF member!

It's a gorgeous design for a suit, the colors compliment each other very nicely and it makes one stand out (in a good way!) from the black suit/gray suit masses.

I wear mine to work too, but not for a job interview. :thumbsup
It's just to eccentric. Certainly not for a first interview, anyway. I definitely think the first interview should always be a black suit, then maybe something with a bit more personality if you get called back for a second interview.

I wouldn't risk wearing the silk screened Baron version to an interview, but the woven version isn't as HEY LOOK AT THE BLUE STRIPES. But then, I'm not going to be interviewing at any law firms or similar any time soon.

But then, I'm not going to be interviewing at any law firms or similar any time soon.

Hey, trust me, I'm right there at the front of the revolution ;-) . But there are a few formal rules that just work, like, don't put salt on your food before trying it, and don't wear a belt and suspenders. Black suit for first interview just makes sense.

Isn't a black suit considered too powerful for first impressions? I learned back in high school with mock trial that lawyers should never wear black because it intimidates the judge.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back