Doctor Who Tennant suit fabric reweave

Yea, I'm hoping to be able to make myself a new suit out of it in time for SDCC. Not sure if I can, but I can definitely try.

Wow, so the original blue tennant suit was made of 100% cotton? Great for a hot Aussie summer...

Yea, both of them were cotton.

I totally forgot to update this thread. Magnoli is now selling these fabrics on his site for $30 per yard. The image on the page is of the prototype fabrics, so don't mind the improper spacing on the blue stuff. Whoever receives their fabric first, please post some pictures.

No cloth (or suits made in this cloth) have shipped out yet as the entire lot is being held up by customs. I have a bad feeling that I'm going to get hit with some serious import charges, so the price may be going up...

Kind regards,
Magnoli

How long do you think the fabric will be bunged up in customs? I'd be very interested in purchasing a cotton suit from Magnoli (especially after seeing the brilliant swatches), but don't want to be waiting months for it.

that is a bummer that it is held up in customs, lol I want to order some really bad just don't have the funding to spend that much yet :p I hope at some point to make a female version of tennant's blue suit and I really want the accurate fabric :)

OK, I finally have some news on this. It's sort of good, sort of bad.

The good: It's still happening, and everything is on track.

The bad: It isn't going to happen in time for Halloween.

Basically what happened was the factory that did the weaving botched the paperwork and customs seized and destroyed the entire order. The factory then put off telling Magnoli about the problem for several weeks. They rushed out a new shipment, which was only a few yards, and he's just received it. The rest of the order will follow soon. Hopefully in the next day or two I'll have a picture or something to show.

When I have the money, I will def be going to Magnoli for the brown suit. I have always been impressed with his customer service and quality of his products.
Thanks for all your hard work on this Risu and Magnoli!

Ugh! That's horrible! But I'm glad things are still progressing along with this. I can't wait for my Blue Suit :)

Just came to post the update but see Risu beat me to it. Yeah, I'm really upset about this as I know a lot of guys were counting on this cloth for Halloween. We've got a lot of money tied up in this cloth, so it will be happening, don't you worry.

I'd like to thank everyone for their patience as well; you guys have been great!

Thanks,
Magnoli

The estimated completion date for the new run of cloth is October 15th. Those who have ordered cloth should receive it before the end of October. Those who ordered finished suit will likely start receiving them by mid November.

Kind regards,
Magnoli

Probably around the end of November (for one of these suits with the new cloth)... any of our other garments would be ready in a month.

Kind regards,
Indy

I was only able to get one or two suits made from the fabric that customs let through in the initial shipment. The main run is only now clearing through customs, so these will only start shipping out next week at the earliest.

Everyone who has ordered will receive an e-mail update when their package has shipped (whether it is just cloth or a full suit) including the tracking number.

Kind regards,
Indy

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back