Digital Domain's Florida Studio closing

One of the people I friended on Facebook, who I met at MegaCon, posted about the closing a couple of weeks back. It really sucks.

I have a couple friends there losing their jobs.... One has terminal cancer. He sadly has spent his savings on medical bills and will soon be without work or insurance.

This is a good example of a company expanding way too fast, they're opening stuff left and right. You expand a little, pay for that, then expand more. Apparently business 101 wasn't big on the list of the suits at home base.

Trust me, the story of DD's demise down there in
Florida is an UGLY one... I spend allot of time
on different VFX Boards and theirs plenty of
stories going around..

Here's one that just skims it briefly.. :unsure

Digital Domain, what does it all mean?

Wow that was hard to get through. The entire time I felt like I was reading a crime novel about shell corporations hiding who really owned something or laundering money.

Sent from my Etch-A-Sketch

It's closed. done. I have a couple friends who were recently hired there from California. moved their entire life there. Really sucks. Company made some poor choices.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back