dexter watch

yea, they have a very very slight tint of gold, but he said if i need somethin done better he will fix it. but in some lighting you cant tell the gold at all, up close when its lit well you can see the gold underneath just a tad. but he did mention that the type of metal used on the face is very finecky with replating, but already spoke to him and said if i want to send it back in he will glady redip the face. but for now its good enough. not gonna complain, im off to get the watch band put on and sized
lemme see about a better pic

Last edited:
It looks great man! Don't worry about it. It looks way more silver then the first watch I had. Now it's good that people have an option to send a Gold watch out. It opens up more doors for everyone else. Thanks for being the guinea pig.

Did he clean The face? The watch face looks so clean.

I'm actually starting to think he didn't plate the markers, I remember when I got the watch originally and took it to a local shop, they popped off the crystal and did something to the #9 marker and it left a mark, and if that was replayed that mark would be gone. But it's still there clear as day so this guy will be getting an email the rest of the watch came out awesome but he needs to plate the damn markers. I didn't pay $300 for him not to when that was one of the biggest things I required done

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

that pic makes them look pretty much silver but they arent, the closer i look i see some silver on it but the gold seems to be coming through still which is the problem. that and along with how shiny the entire watch is brings out the gold more :(

yea i love the pants too man.

the case and face looks amazing, im just hoping he can redip it once more to get rid of that gold, im kind of perfectionist, and when i look down and see the gold in it, i hate two tone watches.

but if worse comes to worse, ill try and get another after i find one for some one i promised id look out for one for on here, and get the silver one and switch the faces and sell the other one with this face, i think i can get by for now because lets face it, not gonna get 2 in a while or will have to pay out the ass, but if he says he will redip it for free then ill have him do it

Overall would you say you are happy with how the watch turned out though and that the markers are the only problem?

but if worse comes to worse, ill try and get another after i find one for some one i promised id look out for one for on here, and get the silver one and switch the faces and sell the other one with this face, i think i can get by for now because lets face it, not gonna get 2 in a while or will have to pay out the ass, but if he says he will redip it for free then ill have him do it

Rbeato,

You talk about switching dials. Are you going to attempt this yourself or have a watchmaker do it? I only ask because if you are going to do this yourself you need special tools to remove the hands safely. Just trying to pry them off with tweezers or a small needle nose pliers you will almost certainly snap the center and second hand shafts plus damage the hands and dial. Reinstalling the hands is another thing especially putting back on the sweep second hand. If you or anyone are going to try to do this and never have before please take my advice and go to a professional....much cheaper in the long run.

hell no i would not do this myself!! im not an idiot, i have no idea how to work on watches. the only thing i would miss about this face is how clean the face is.....doesnt look all old and gold, has a nice silvery/cream tone to it, but not a dark gold how most look. so apparently the gold color on the face is from age, because the watch guy who did my watch had to dip the face in some acid based solution and he was worried about it possibly destroying the face but it didn't. Actually got it nice and clean, cept the markers didnt get enough silver color. so he better take the watch back and re-dip it to get rid of the gold on the markers

and yes great1 i am absolutely happy with the watch other than the markers.

Last edited:
doesn't look like the markers can get any better to all who have gold watches. this is what he wrote me about them.
"I polished them several times and tried plating them with both nickel and rhodium. The only way to get them any better would be to strip the dial and start from scratch. If you look with a loupe you can see where the plating is. I couldn't soak the dial too long because the paint would come off."

who knows i'll probably end up selling it, and just put in my time waiting for a real silver one, unless someone has the dial in silver and wants to trade for a brand new dial with an awesome clean face and some cash for a silver dial....lol....RRiiiight! like that'll happen

Last edited:
Got my watchband today! Also just got back from getting my laminate printed up... and laminated.

IMG01021-20111008-1656.jpg

Last edited:
also i respoke to the guy about the markers on the watch, and this is what he said,
"I replate markers often on high grade watches with no trouble but some manufacturers use a plating that nothing else will adhere to so I then have to grind away the old plating and under-plating and repolish which is not possible without stripping and refinishing the dial. I can do it and have it repainted and printed but the cost would probably be around 60.00 + shipping" with this im worried that grinding the markers will grind off the the little line (indention on the markers) and worried that the repaint will not look the same as well as the reprint of the fonts....

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back