dexter watch

That is one of DP's scans that has had a lot of photoshop done to it. I have done the backside, and I have also made a Season 1 laminate (with the date) that will be printed shortly. I have been doing some experimenting with sizes and coloring to get it just right. Tom will hopefully be doing a video review shortly as I have sent him one of my first iterations of the id.

I would love to post the watch and band together, but I do not have the watch. I just figured I'd better get on the band while the getting was good.

ah ok.
i can get the bands in my town as well, turns out the place i had my band sized sells this band.
are you going to sell your laminates? the ones with front and back? i want to get my hands on a double sided one without a date. and dont know a thing about photo shop

I won't be selling them for a profit, as Tom was kind enough to supply the scans for free. I may sell some of my left over test pieces for the cost of printing and laminating, but we'll see.

Tymer you dont do the stuff all mentioned on page 6 do you, refinishing the dial, plating the markers, and putting the font back on do you?

Tymer you dont do the stuff all mentioned on page 6 do you, refinishing the dial, plating the markers, and putting the font back on do you?

Rbeato,

All that takes specialized equipment. I send my dial refinish requests to a dial house. Anything can be done, markers, hands, dials, and fonts restored or changed to your liking just keep in mind it isn't cheap and it usually takes 6 weeks and up.

The jealousy level in here is definitely turning up to max. Rbeato, your watch looks FANTASTIC with what you've had done to it. My new plan is to check eBay as often as possible and only HOPE that someone lists this son of a ***** as a buy it now... Because while I am aware that $800 is quite a modest amount in the watch world, I'm not in a position to, or willing to toss $800 on a $100-200 watch.

keep in mind though if its a gold one like mine, which i got lucky with a Buy It Now auction for $60 shipped, i caught the auction a minute literally after the auction posted, then the work i had done was $270 plus shipping, so you'll be looking at atleast $200+ more than what you get the watch for.
Tymer you know of any dial houses?

Tymer you know of any dial houses?

Kirk Rich is one of the more well known houses although I hadn't used them in many many years.......Just google "Watch Dial Refinishing" or "Watch Dial Restoration" and several dial houses will pop up perhaps near where any of you live.

going to contact this International Dial Co. tomorrow. but also thinking about the guy who did the work on my watch already said. it would be $60. i just want to make sure he has the waltham paint for this watch as international dial co says they carry, and want to make sure the font is correct that he puts back on it.
thanks tymer

damn its just a matter if i want to drop any more $ on this watch. i mean it really does look good despite the gold still showing through a bit....oh what to do, what to do, im worried with the grinding the old plating off will grind off the little indentations in the middle of the markers to where they are flat which i dont want to happen. so if international dial co. can do it for cheaper i will do it, but otherwise im just gonna leave it. atleast i have the watch and its pretty much like new minus the markers which im starting to get used to.....what to do...

good call, im gonna see what he says about that, because right now the $60+ shipping is what i can put towards my kill knife

decided i can live with the watch, i get more and more used to it everyday. i decided to send drew my deposit for the kill knife

ah ok, he told me mine wont be done until decemberish...hopefully sooner...but tyler check your PM's so you can watch episode 2

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back