dexter watch

I could get behind this one. :thumbsup

Me too, but instead of making it in the Junkyard, I'm sure Art could do a subforum (like the Paper Props one) but it being private, so we could hold all the info of every prop in there just for the comunity and keeping the public forums for research and buildings.

Me too, but instead of making it in the Junkyard, I'm sure Art could do a subforum (like the Paper Props one) but it being private, so we could hold all the info of every prop in there just for the comunity and keeping the public forums for research and buildings.

Holy guacamoley, what is going on in here ?!

I suggest everyone calm down and unbunch their panties!!! This thread apparently needs a serious cleaning :darnkids

And no, a sub-forum just as you suggested won´t be established. What you are suggesting is one of the more selfish things, how should this be implemented? Who should be part of the group, how should it be decided if someone can become a member of that group?

There are tons of forums out there that operate with invitations only, and that most of you people are not able to enter, me very likely included!

The hobby always had the problem of information being withheld or only circulating in certain circles and then the opposite with those who agressively demand information or feel entitled to getting information. That constantly led and again and again leads to fighting, and there are really people here who´d like to see this openly sanctioned?

Information supply is self-regulatory I´d say, either people share information or they don´t, no need for us to create a sub-forum, and actually "selling" information in the JY (except for supersecret pictures or documents maybe) sounds pretty terrible

So, please everyone take a deep breath and get back on topic.

Posts will be edited or deleted at a later point.

Thanks,
Michael
RPF staff

Last edited:
And no, a sub-forum just as you suggested won´t be established. What you are suggesting is one of the more selfish things, how should this be implemented? Who should be part of the group, how should it be decided if someone can become a member of that group?

Who is talking about any kind of group? The Paper Props forum is a closed group? With private I mean that only the registered members can see it, so please, calm down because I haven't said anything selfish. BTW, it was just an opinion, not a war proclamation to anyone.

thats exactly what happened too. Bids were made, then the auction disappeared and people were still in contact with the seller making offers, total bs

That is a scumbag thing for a seller to do, remove an auction that had bids on it, and put up a Buy It Now with the highest private offer price.

That is a scumbag thing for a seller to do, remove an auction that had bids on it, and put up a Buy It Now with the highest private offer price.
This is more or less what happened to me when I got mine. I bid on the auction and my bid was cancelled by the seller, because the seller was offered $150 from another buyer. I'm actually amazed that I beat the other buyer to the "buy it now".

I assumed people here would be more familiar with eBay's policies. A seller has the right to end an auction as long as there is more than 12 hours left. Has anyone actually looked this up- or is everyone just making up rules that best suit their needs?

How can I end my listing early?
Requirements

Your ability to end a listing early depends on the amount of time remaining in the listing and whether the listing has received any bids.
If there are 12 hours or more before the end of the listing, you can end the listing early without restrictions. If there are any bids on your item when you end the listing, you’ll be asked whether you want to cancel the bids or sell the item to the high bidder.
If there are 12 hours or less before the end of the listing, your ability to end the listing early depends on whether there are any bids on the item and whether the item has a reserve price.

Ebay no longer considers itself an auction site. They dumped that notion a long time ago. Ebay has evolved into an online trading community. Many auctions are not limited to timed auctions anymore. There are ways to post a listing for a very long stretch of time with a fixed price and options for users to submit "best offers".

Fluid is talking about me. And quite frankly I don't see approaching a seller with a private offer as anything to be shy about. It happens every day with big ticket items, cars for sale, and things that need to be inspected face to face. The system has evolved. It's not cheating for the seller or buyer to do this. If it gets an item sold eBay doesn't care as long as the commission is generated and the item goes through their proper channels (which offers some limited protection to both parties and feedback exchange, etc).

Like anything in life- it's a gamble for both seller and buyer. The seller risks losing revenue by ending the listing early and accepting an offer. (For all he knows it may have gone $200 higher the next day!) The bidder risks overpaying and getting a little too jumpy on the offer. That's up to him though.

As long as the auction is canceled before 12 hours and a buy-it-now is used ebay has no issues with this type of thing. It's standard practice in some cases. Many watch seller post simultaneously on a forum and eBay. The minute it's sold the auction ends- bids or not.

Now as far as people's perceptions- that's another story. But to call the seller of the $800 watch a scumbag is just pure emotion and doesn't have a shred of rational argument behind it. If anything I think the seller was quite humane. Why not post it for a ridiculously high buy-it-now and have a button for offers? It may take longer to sell, but you'd be darn sure that the maximum number of eyes saw the listing and you connect with the person who wants it more than anyone else. You'd have keywords directing Dexter fans to your auction and who knows maybe someone would post a link to it on Facebook or make a YouTube video about the auction. Eventually some crazy person would swoop in and pay the ridiculous request.

I think we need a new Dexter Watch thread to just post pictures and watch info in. I am partly to blame also, I am not playing the innocent role, but this is just an argument thread.

I won't be doing any more arguing in this thread. It is what it is and people feel how they feel about it. Not one side is going to say, "You're right, I'm wrong." The info is public now, so it can't be undone no matter how much arguing is done. I was just defending the assumptions that I was hoarding info.

Last edited:
I think we need a new Dexter Watch thread to just post pictures and watch info in. I am partly to blame also, I am not playing the innocent role, but this is just an argument thread.

I won't be doing any more arguing in this thread. It is what it is and people feel how they feel about it. Not one side is going to say, "You're right, I'm wrong." The info is public now, so it can't be undone no matter how much arguing is done. I was just defending the assumptions that I was hoarding info.
I'm on board with DarkPassenger on this one. But I don't think we need a new thread for that. Let's ALL let it go and get back to focusing on the watch itself.

We still have not come down to a definite "watch band" yet? It's part of the watch and perhaps it would give us something else to focus all of this energy on. We all know it's a "Speildel Twist-O-Flex" that fits a 17 mm watch, but there has been some debate as to the right pattern. Some of the best pics of the watch band can be seen in post #52. What do you say guys? Let's get this thread back on track!!!

Onward we go!

Here's a quickie Photoshop test. I took the image from this auction:

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

Did a very quick and dirty paste/levels adjust and hue adjustment so we could see the bands next to each other scaled roughly the same.

Looks pretty convincing to me- and the band adjusts from 16-19 so it would be a fit.

SpeidelComparison01.jpg

Now that's what I'm talking about!!! Great job Nightarcher!!! I was only ever able to find this band in a size that fit an 18mm or bigger. And your pic illustrates exactly what I was trying to describe to another member. Thanks for pic and the link. I've got mine on the way now.

Last edited:
Fluid thats the band that was on that waltham i was showing you at first. it does angle down a tiny bit. but it is the band.

so damn pissed, the watch company who did my watch work work said they sent out the watch on thursday, but turns out they didnt send it until yesterday, so have to wait until the 6th now to get it. well atleast the band will be here the same day.

Fluid thats the band that was on that waltham i was showing you at first. it does angle down a tiny bit. but it is the band.
The band you were showing me had a dimpled pattern on it. This was the one I was trying to show you. Not to mention that you didn't even know the right size and then wouldn't believe anyone about the size till pics were posted. The whole reason I even posted the question to the forum was to get someone's opinion other than myself, so I could stop repeating myself to you.

Last edited:
from the pics it looks that way, but i asked the seller what the model # was of the band which she told me which took me to research to finding this band, the band in the ebay pic on the watch was old and beat up but the same. but all in all atleast the band search is over and we all have one :) atleast now, even though im pissed i thought my watch would be here today, it will arrive the same day as the band so i can post the watch with the right band on it, and it will all look brand spankin new like it just came out of the box from the year it was made all nice and shiney! :)

Last edited:
they marked those bands back up to $13.and some change after i got mine for $8, but now they are down to the last one, as when i got mine they had 9 left, and now they are down to their last one and marked it down to $11.18, someone needs to jump on that last band. eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices
This is pretty funny to me. I'll bet this seller has had these bands for years (maybe even 40 years) and then in one week sells them all due this forum. We all deserve a commission!!! :lol

This is pretty funny to me. I'll bet this seller has had these bands for years (maybe even 40 years) and then in one week sells them all due this forum. We all deserve a commission!!! :lol

That wouldn't surprise me. Well except the for the 40 years comment, Dexter had a different watch band in seasons 1-3. The earlier watch band was simpler and more generic looking.

I also love the show Breaking Bad and two of the characters wore the same Kenny Rogers t-shirt in one of the episodes. Unfortunately I don't get the channel to watch the show live so I didn't see it until the next day, there must have been 30-40 shirts sold on ebay through Buy-It-Now minutes after the episode aired. Those sellers must have been wondering why that shirt was so popular all of a sudden.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back