Alien Nostromo Crew Watch Help

RPFNewbie

Hello all,

Here is my Nostromo Crew Watch replica with vintage F-100s. I am using a piece of computer cable Velcro strap to hold both watches together with the orange surround. As you can see in the photo, the Velcro strap scratches slightly against the skin irritating it, and more importantly leaves excess dead skin on the velcro strap (gross!). I want to replace this with a different method but I can't get any info on what people use to connect the watches and how. Anyone who's done this before that's found a better method please let me know thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_20240218_195706859.jpg
    IMG_20240218_195706859.jpg
    740.1 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_20240218_195722993.jpg
    IMG_20240218_195722993.jpg
    694.1 KB · Views: 76
Replace with a bit of black webbing? Or if you need to use the velcro, mark the 'skin side', remove and use a flame to gently melt offending side smooth.

What black webbing do you speak of exactly? Would it hold the watches together to the orange surround?
You're meaning this bit [circled in blue] is the scratchy bit, yeah? Remove & replace with a bit of scrap webbing (cut from a backpack strap, or bought new from a craft shop, etc). Or given that it's the underneath, wrap it in electric tape. Sorted ;)

IMG_20240218_195722993.jpg

There was another build of this watch on here years ago. If I recall correctly, the guy molded the orange part and cast it in rubber. From what I remember, the connection between the two watch bodies rested against the orange part, not under it.

I was searching around for the rubber cast piece, but couldn't find it... In case anyone comes across it...

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back