DELETE

Re: My Chucky Doll sold for $18K, advice needed!

So let me get this straight? You "accidentally" raised the price to $18,000 and were just going to say "Opps, o well" and go head and pay the $18,000 because of a mistake.....I call B.S.

This is not important I'm disappointed j had qu Don'ts 2 account for being to win the doll currently I could pay the doll because I have do a loan my Bank c is for this that I have you ask d wait a little but I understand that you had doubt on me .of have do a credis for nothing and j have lost the doll I am pretty sad .of both would like to have another chance to be able to pay one of your ca doll will be my dream although j raised the price by mistake I think that n is not serious if j had the doll with me. s you like ryan can you give me the chance to have a doll like that j have lost by mistake? Thanks much ryan and again sorry for everything. j await your response which I hope will make me the happiest .merci ryan
This n is not serious I'm disappointed j had qu Don'ts 2 account for being to win the doll currently I could pay the doll because I have do a loan my Bank c is for this that I have you ask d wait a little but I understand that you had doubt on me .of have do a credis for nothing and j have lost the doll I am pretty sad .of both would like to have another chance to be able to pay one of your ca doll will be my dream although j raised the price by mistake I think that n is not serious if j had the doll with me. s you like ryan can you give me the chance to have a doll like that j have lost by mistake? Thanks much ryan and again sorry for everything. j await your response which I hope will make me the happiest .merci ryan

I guess my other issue with this whole situation is, why are you bidding on something you can't pay for? Yeah, maybe you can go get a loan. I could also sell my car if I needed a few grand to cover an emergency expense. But this isn't an emergency, it's a CHUCKY DOLL. If you don't have the money in hand or available immediately to complete the transaction you agreed to, then you have no business bidding in the first place. Outside of everything else being sketchy, that would **** me off nearly as much. It's not just the loss of the initial sale, it's the headache and nonsense that these actions have created to complete the transaction with someone else now.

If this guy IS legit, with all the lying about the 2 bidding accounts makes him look like a giant scammer, then the only way he should be dealt with is with a high, non-refundable deposit to start the commission. To put it plain and simple, you have zero credibility and the only way the OP should even think about taking you on is by protecting himself 100%.

I cant believe this is even open for a discussion anymore. If I were in the OP's shoes; after getting rid of this guy on ebay; I'd have salted the earth of what's left of him.

Totally sad it's being dragged on and even more so that he's now joined here still wanting the thing. NO ONE is worth this much trouble for any amount of money. You all can NOT be so filled with and compelled by avarice to give someone like this a second thought.

Come on.

He probably sold something online for a couple bucks and the guy paid with a check for several thousand over the sale price and he is waiting for the check to clear to send you your money. :facepalm

Absurd. He didn't have the money when he made either bid. He lied about being the same person. He changed his story after being confronted numerous times. After bidding three times the amount of the closest bidder, he goes into a bank to take out a personal loan for $18,000, which is going to cost him even more because of interest. Now, instead of paying off that loan since he didn't make the purchase, he wants to throw the whole $18,000 at you instead of offering $6,500, which after reading this thread (like he obviously did), he would know you would probably make him one for that amount. I decided a long time ago that my own website was a better way to do business, this is exactly why.

Sorry bro I call BS.

As others have posted above to many things point that the guy is a scammer and that his word can not be trusted.

An argument can be made that a village needs it's Idiots though I suppose! :lol

Sure ... if only madness were a bannable offense :lol

(The board would be pretty quiet though :lol)

While it looks like he's worked out a sale with the 3rd place bidder, another possible way to resolve this with the original winner:

Tell him to use a portion of the $18000 to buy a plane ticket to LA. Once in LA, pay the remaining amount to you in cash, and collect the doll... And he gets a free trip to LA out of it... (You could also offer to fly to France yourself for the same arrangement, but if he's scamming you, you might just be left hanging out in France and having to shell out the cost of the ticket...)

If he seriously wanted it, and actually had the money, he should have no problem with that (assuming he's allowed to fly into the country...), and you'd only loose whatever a round-trip ticket to/from France would cost (still leaving you with a lot more than the 3rd bid price). I will agree however, that this was definitely a scam of some kind, so it's best you did what you did...

(Not sure if anyone else said this, I didn't read all 7 pages... :) )

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back