DELETE

Re: My Chucky Doll sold for $18K, advice needed!

If the second bidder its gonna pay now? Get the second one,

Dont let go the bird you got in your hand to get the other one that still flying...

Lol thats a saying I used to hear when I was in my country

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Dont forget my 10% advice fee lol

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Agreed. If you can get an instant payment, take it. I would put the screws to the winning bidder and stick to the terms so you don't lose the second bidder.

First. Congrats! Second. Get the money NOW from the second bidder now if you can. Too much cash to play around with a delayed payment.

Get w/e money NOW or it might be one of those facepalm moment later on...

Congrats!

I have a sneaking suspicion that the top two bidders are the same person. They are both registered in the same city in France and both have an iron man suit for sale. But for the life of me, I can't figure out why someone would bid an exorbitant amount, then drive up the bid with a second account. That's sheer craziness. I'm trying to get to the bottom of this.

i have to agree with these guys....ebay isn't walmart you can't just say "oh i won now let me put that on lay away". most of the time sellers want the money no longer then 3 days after the auction ends! you should tell him that and if he flips you the bird just kill the order and second chance it to the other guy....first come first served...as long as you have the money!!!

Agreed. But like I just said, I suspect the top 2 bidders may be the same person. Both from the same city in France. Both bid huge amounts for the doll. Both have an iron man suit for sale? But I contacted them separately and they claim to be independently interested and will pay if the other one does not. I am so totally perplexed by this, that I've contacted the third buyer just in case these other two fall through. It's a huge drop off from the second highest bid ($17,859 goes down to $6,550). But I would still be completely happy with that sale.

I have just never seen or heard of anything like this, scam or not. I want to give these guys the benefit of the doubt, but you have to admit it's weird.

Reeks of scam, with two bidder usernames in the same area. As a seller this is where you get screwed, you should also contact the third place bidder. I got all bent out shape selling a 400 dollar bicycle when i read that paypal can pull your money if the buyer is not happy with the item while the have the item, then you will be out money and the item. One of the reasons i stopped selling there.

It certainly does, but for the life of me, I can't figure out what this scam might be. A buyer can claim they never received an item, it doesn't meet the description, etc. etc.. But where does jacking up their own bid fall into the equation?

It really sounds like the two highest bidders are one and the same person.

I don't believe that two different people by chance live in one city in France and have both an iron man suit for sale and both are interested in buying your Chucky doll AND both are very rich and don't care about money...

This is either a bid shielding scam gone wrong or the guy is planning to claim his money back through PayPal after he received the doll. He will then sell it on ebay for a realistic price.

I am sure your doll is well made, but it isn't a screen used prop after all. Why should anyone pay 18K for it? Plus, he will have to pay some hefty import taxes here in Europe... Except he is going to ask you to send it declared as a gift, which I am sure he will.

If I were you, I would sell this doll to the 3rd bidder. $6,550 is still a lot of money and very realistic price for what you are offering.

There is obviously something fishy going on, don't be blinded by the money.

Last edited:

If it seems too good to be true, it probably is!....... 2 guys in the same town both of them selling a ironman suit at the same time and is planning to buy your doll for HUGE amongs of money..... Could be real.....but why take a chance and loose both the money and the doll.

as said earlier, reeks of scam. Also file under "if it sounds too good to be true..."

Don't send your doll to france. They will simply file a claim, have the funds reversed, then they get to keep the doll. It's a no brainer. PLEASE don't fall for this scam.

But if you do, post all about it here so we can all say "I told ya so" :D

It really sounds like the two highest bidders are one and the same person.

I don't believe that two different people by chance live in one city in France and have both an iron man suit for sale and both are interested in buying your Chucky doll AND both are very rich and don't care about money...

This is either a bid shielding scam gone wrong or the guy is planning to claim his money back through PayPal after he received the doll. He will then sell it on ebay for a realistic price.

I am sure your doll is well made, but it isn't a screen used prop after all. Why should anyone pay 18K for it? Plus, he will have to pay some hefty import taxes here in Europe... Except he is going to ask you to send it declared as a gift, which I am sure he will.

If I were you, I would sell this doll to the 3rd bidder. $6,550 is still a lot of money and very realistic price for what you are offering.

There is obviously something fishy going on, don't be blinded by the money.

Wise advice.

I would offer it to the 3rd bidder, but explain clearly why you are skipping the first two bidders.

As the 3rd bidder, I would be very hesitant to accept a '3rd chance offer' for 6k instead of 17k you "could get", and might make you look like you were in league with the first two and it went wrong if you don't explain.

What should make your hair stand on end is the jump in bid.

The 3rd bidder was 6k.

The second one entered a bid above 17k, which is madness in itself.

How 'nice' that 12 seconds later, the first bidder entered an even higher mad bid

:facepalm

(n)thumbsdown:thumbsdown

It certainly does, but for the life of me, I can't figure out what this scam might be. A buyer can claim they never received an item, it doesn't meet the description, etc. etc.. But where does jacking up their own bid fall into the equation?

The jacking up was done simply to make 100% sure they would win the doll. Nothing else.

And to throw you off, better to make it look like two people were bidding stupidly high, rather than only one, which would have looked like he was a nutter.

Very clever "two birds with one stone" tactic.

IMHO.

If you do decide to offer it to the 3rd bidder, and in order to further show him that there is nothing iffy about why you are offering it to him, direct him to this thread too :thumbsup

The jacking up was done simply to make 100% sure they would win the doll. Nothing else.

And to throw you off, better to make it look like two people were bidding stupidly high, rather than only one, which would have looked like he was a nutter.

Very clever "two birds with one stone" tactic.

IMHO.

If you do decide to offer it to the 3rd bidder, and in order to further show him that there is nothing iffy about why you are offering it to him, direct him to this thread too :thumbsup

Let's hope he's not extremely clever and he's the 3rd bidder too ;)

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back