DELETE

Re: My Chucky Doll sold for $18K, advice needed!

Watch it be the old scam.
"I need to send you a cashier check but it was accidentally made out for $30,000.
Just wire me the $12,000 I over paid and ship me the doll".

Then the fake cashier check is discovered a week later when it bounces and your bank holds you responsible for the $18,000 negative balance, plus you are out $12,000 more AND the doll :lol

If the purchaser refused to pay in a timely manner, why wouldn't that be a reason for eBay to cancel the top bid ???? Did I misread that?

The buyer has 2 days to pay before you can open a non-paying bidder case. Then they have 4 days to pay before the seller can close the case and receive a final value fee credit. There is nothing that can be done before that.

If the purchaser refused to pay in a timely manner, why wouldn't that be a reason for eBay to cancel the top bid ???? Did I misread that?

The buyer has 2 days to pay before you can open a non-paying bidder case. Then they have 4 days to pay before the seller can close the case and receive a final value fee credit. There is nothing that can be done before that.

Isnt tomorrow day 7?

As of 11:36 tonight, I was able to successfully close the case and receive a refund for my fees. I also offered the doll to bidder #3 and he accepted the offer and completed payment within a half hour. I guess Japanese people really love Chucky.

Glad things worked out for you. I'd be very interested to hear a full account of what went on that you haven't already talked about.

As of 11:36 tonight, I was able to successfully close the case and receive a refund for my fees. I also offered the doll to bidder #3 and he accepted the offer and completed payment within a half hour. I guess Japanese people really love Chucky.

Glad everything worked out for you :thumbsup

Nice glad everything worked out. It's always a toss up with eBay these days, congrats on the sale!

I've read this thread with interest, and I'm glad things worked out for you.
A lot of things to learn from here, especially as we are essentially a community of strangers who are often selling things to each other across different countries or even continents.

I'm headed out of town right now, but I'll post more when I get back. For someone who might be caught in a similar situation in the future, some of the recommendations given here were not possible given the circumstances, or even worse, could land you in hot water if you attempted them. Scammer or not, buyers have rights and you don't want someone taking action against you in retaliation.

I still don't know what the guy's intentions were. He could have truly been a befuddled honest person. Or he could have been harassing me. If the latter was the case, I didn't want this person to launch some sort of attack on me, so I chose to deal with it as calmly and as civilly as possible.

Glad things worked out for you. I'd be very interested to hear a full account of what went on that you haven't already talked about.

Ah. Okay. In the end, eBay came through. I was sure they would side with you on the non-payment issue.

It's always best to handle through proper channels if possible.

That is very suspicious Ryan. I was following the auction on ebay and the price really skyrocketed on the last 2 bidders. Very suspicious.

Last edited:

This is not important I'm disappointed j had qu Don'ts 2 account for being to win the doll currently I could pay the doll because I have do a loan my Bank c is for this that I have you ask d wait a little but I understand that you had doubt on me .of have do a credis for nothing and j have lost the doll I am pretty sad .of both would like to have another chance to be able to pay one of your ca doll will be my dream although j raised the price by mistake I think that n is not serious if j had the doll with me. s you like ryan can you give me the chance to have a doll like that j have lost by mistake? Thanks much ryan and again sorry for everything. j await your response which I hope will make me the happiest .merci ryan
This n is not serious I'm disappointed j had qu Don'ts 2 account for being to win the doll currently I could pay the doll because I have do a loan my Bank c is for this that I have you ask d wait a little but I understand that you had doubt on me .of have do a credis for nothing and j have lost the doll I am pretty sad .of both would like to have another chance to be able to pay one of your ca doll will be my dream although j raised the price by mistake I think that n is not serious if j had the doll with me. s you like ryan can you give me the chance to have a doll like that j have lost by mistake? Thanks much ryan and again sorry for everything. j await your response which I hope will make me the happiest .merci ryan

my facebook ryan if you agree to accept to speak with me about this ( pouillet mickael ) .friendly

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back