Delete thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Robo3687 - IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates -Easy to Build "Green" Versi

At work with Menchie, at Menchie's Edmond Trails in Edmond Oklahoma 73003.

Re: Robo3687 - IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates -Easy to Build "Green" Versi

Awesome Halloween, best one yet. Thanks to everyone who provided all the great info and tutorial's. Recieved great tips using this sight, thanks again.:thumbsup

Im having a hard time painting the silver accents on the ribs and the gold on the back. Every time i try to tape off and paint, the tape peels the paint off. I dont get it. I plasti dipped, primed and then painted

ty for the files... finished 90% before halloween party... didnt get to do the abs boots hands or neck seal... but EVERYONE stopped me all night long at the club for pictures, to ask were i got it... to me it needed more paint... and Gold not yellow.(had 12 hours to paint it all with only 10 bucks...)

i didnt have my phone or camera on me tho :( lost most of my build pics but i had one person that took a pic text it to me.

1351750487242.jpg

thor's hammer weighed like 40 pounds... it was filled with lead.
capt. didnt have a shield... but it was a great time... ty again.

What's up everyone! First time post. A big Thank You for the files! Made Halloween a blast!
Heres my Battle Damaged mk vi.
Helmet is a modified "Disguise Iron Man 2 Helmet"

Hi everyone Im just joined the rpf and you've inspired me to built my own suit. One quick question, would this work if it is made on cardboard? (my first language is spanish so sorry if something sounds weird)

Hi everyone Im just joined the rpf and you've inspired me to built my own suit. One quick question, would this work if it is made on cardboard? (my first language is spanish so sorry if something sounds weird)

of course it will :thumbsup

maybe its because i used really thick foam puzzle matts (1/2'') but im having issues where the shin and boot meet. it keeps jamming and crushing the foam doesn't work well when i try to walk in it. also the stock scale on the boot wont fit a size 10. here are some pics any suggestions?
20121105_084901.jpg

so i doctored up the boot and the shin. alittle better but still doesnt seem to work well.

20121105_085202.jpg

also are you guys making the boot lower/less bulky? just tryn to figure it out

20121105_084755.jpg

any tips/ideas/suggestions appreciated.

Two things to say.
A; Holy crap, melancholy! That is the hottest iron "man" I have ever seen. Please accept this as my official marriage proposal! :lol
B; I NEED that mega stomp panic! Will order ASAP.

Mig, I had similar issues with my boots. I wear a size 12 so I scaled the boots up. Once I got them to fit, they looked like shaq could easily put them on! Oh well. They work...
jRGep.jpg

Dammit I want this for my suit now!

Mega Stomp Panic - Audio Reality Experience

ThinkGeek :: Mega Stomp Panic - Audio Reality Experience

Hmmm... It sounds like the robot sounds play all the time whether you move or not and then when you walk they play a stepping sound and when you stomp they have a stomping sound. I wouldn't want the servo movement sounds to play all the time. What do you guys think?

I have a similar item in the works except mine will be made with movie accurate sounds. It will make the servo movement sounds when you move your legs. Move your left leg and the left leg makes a sound. Move your right leg and the right leg makes a sound. It will cycle between 5 or so different sounds per leg so it won't get too repetitive. I am making a set of leg sounds and a separate set of arm sounds so you can have motorized servo sounds for your arm movement as well. I guess I better get mine out there pretty quick so you guys can have some options. ;)

Last edited:

maybe its because i used really thick foam puzzle matts (1/2'') but im having issues where the shin and boot meet. it keeps jamming and crushing the foam doesn't work well when i try to walk in it. also the stock scale on the boot wont fit a size 10. here are some pics any suggestions?

so i doctored up the boot and the shin. alittle better but still doesnt seem to work well.

also are you guys making the boot lower/less bulky? just tryn to figure it out

any tips/ideas/suggestions appreciated.

I had the same exact problem with my shins/boots. I used that really thick stuff (very difficult to make a suit from it) so I had to chop off a lot of the bottom part of the shin. I also tried to cut the bottom shin foam in half, to make it less thick an bulky.

Hey guys I just joined and will be starting my foam Iron man suit here shortly. I just printed the helmet files that were the foam PDF ones someone listed on this thread and had a simple question.

The top of the helm has slits, simular to the paper one I think its in terms of molding a flat paper round. I seen people with and without these silts. Is there a reason why they are on a foam template? I am using my foam 1/4 thick that is already in a roll.

does eny one know where to find mk3 files pls give me the link

Great tut's, thank you for sharing.

will be using this for mine when I get the ££ and time.

Thanks again.

My first post on the forum, but wanted to give tremendous thanks to Robo, Stealth and the countless other members of the RPF community for their help with my Ironman build. After Hurricane Sandy came through my town in NJ my kids and others in my neighborhood were so defeated that Halloween had gotten canceled again (last year freak snow storm did it). It was so great to see their spirits lifted when we were able to hold the event later and enjoy it with Ironman!! Forgetting some of the chaos from the week before. Posted some additional pics of the finished Mark IV in a seperate thread http://www.therpf.com/f24/ironman-mark-iv-defeats-sandy-165868/.
Once again, Thank you

Last edited:

My first post on the forum, but wanted to give tremendous thanks to Robo, Stealth and the countless other members of the RPF community for their help with my Ironman build. After Hurricane Sandy came through my town in NJ my kids and others in my neighborhood were so defeated that Halloween had gotten canceled again (last year freak snow storm did it). It was so great to see their spirits lifted when we were able to hold the event later and enjoy it with Ironman!! Forgetting some of the chaos from the week before. Posted some additional pics of the finished Mark IV in a seperate thread http://www.therpf.com/f24/ironman-mark-iv-defeats-sandy-165868/.
Once again, Thank you
Great to see you managed a little celebration even after the devastation of hurricane sandy mate....Suit looks awesome:thumbsup

I'm having a ton of issues with my laptop from attempting to "download" the links for the pepakura files. Idk wth is going on but its extremely frustrating. I cant seem to find any files on the pepp that are free and when I do its some kind of scam to buy some crap. Ever since I downloaded the links above, my computer is saying that theres files that will harm my laptop and it asks for permission. I understand that other people are having this issue but I;m having problems trying to fin the threads of how to get this thing started. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm having a ton of issues with my laptop from attempting to "download" the links for the pepakura files. Idk wth is going on but its extremely frustrating. I cant seem to find any files on the pepp that are free and when I do its some kind of scam to buy some crap. Ever since I downloaded the links above, my computer is saying that theres files that will harm my laptop and it asks for permission. I understand that other people are having this issue but I;m having problems trying to fin the threads of how to get this thing started. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the links are fine, not sure what you're freaking out about.

That's really annoying to go to one of the posted links and have it work fine then read your post again, in which you make it sound like the files have a virus or something.

You should do a virus scan of your computer and probably stop looking at other "questionable" websites.

I could have helped you, but you made absolutely no sense in that post with zero clarity of your problem.

I'm a jerk, I know but how do you help people with these "freak out" posts

seriously, breathe and type it out properly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back