Delete thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had to stop by and show my completed suit as well!

Big thanks to Robo, Stealth, Doc and everyone else that made this build a wild success. Even took first place at a costume contest!

Already planning my next build!

Re: Robo3687 - IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates -Easy to Build "Green" Versi

Big thanks to Robo, Stealth, Doc and everyone else that made this build a wild success. Even took first place at a costume contest!

Glad to see you finished it in time mate....I knew it was going to look awesome but WOW....well done sir...well done:thumbsup

Re: Robo3687 - IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates -Easy to Build "Green" Versi

was there a file you used to make the thigh addons for your iron man suit? if so can I have it?

Dude, that is tight. Paint job looks sharp. I want to see pics after your first three parties. :popcorn My suit took so much "damage" from wear and tear on the first night I wanted to cry. Elbows and knees dislocated, cod piece tore thanks to my ridiculous attempt at the Iron Man 3-pt landing stance (adding velcro there, no-brainer now). Plus I had a drunk friend who kept punching me in the back shoulder because he though it was funny and I was "wearing armor" after all. Now I know how the theme park characters feel when kids grab their tails.

hey guys ^___^ these templates were EXTREMELY helpful and I managed to put together an Iron Man costume for Halloween in two weeks! Granted, this costume is still a work in progress (still need the shoulders, biceps, thighs and fingers). I'm so excited to start wearing this to conventions and the Iron Man 3 premiere ;D

mbz3e.jpg

kY6wk.jpg

This build is made of cardboard and vinyl fabric but now i regret not using foam ;A;
I have more work-in-progress photos on my tumblr :)
http://heylookitslisa.tumblr.com/post/34531119199/iron-woman-v2-work-in-progress-and-still-a-work

Thank you so much Stealth for posting the templates :DD
AWESOME! :D

im having issues with how the shins meet the boot any advice appreciated

Glad to see you finished it in time mate....I knew it was going to look awesome but WOW....well done sir...well done:thumbsup

Thanks! You were helpful along the way as well with the encouragement! Stick around, might need some cheering along with the new helm and motorization… etc.

Dude, that is tight. Paint job looks sharp. I want to see pics after your first three parties. :popcorn My suit took so much "damage" from wear and tear on the first night I wanted to cry. Elbows and knees dislocated, cod piece tore thanks to my ridiculous attempt at the Iron Man 3-pt landing stance (adding velcro there, no-brainer now). Plus I had a drunk friend who kept punching me in the back shoulder because he though it was funny and I was "wearing armor" after all. Now I know how the theme park characters feel when kids grab their tails.

Thanks for the props and sorry about the wear and tear, but I knew from the start that foam would take a beating.

Even so, my suit actually is holding up quite well. I do have a roll of duct tape on hand just in case though! :LOL

I'm going to hand out candy for Halloween for the kiddies tomorrow night, then this suit goes on display while I build the next one. I get the next foam version perfect, I might even go the next step, use it as a plug and cast it in polyurethane. Stay tuned!

hey guys ^___^ these templates were EXTREMELY helpful and I managed to put together an Iron Man costume for Halloween in two weeks! Granted, this costume is still a work in progress (still need the shoulders, biceps, thighs and fingers). I'm so excited to start wearing this to conventions and the Iron Man 3 premiere ;D

mbz3e.jpg

kY6wk.jpg

This build is made of cardboard and vinyl fabric but now i regret not using foam ;A;
IRON WOMAN v2*: WORK IN PROGRESS (AND STILL A WORK...

Love seeing ladies into building ironman suits, yours came out cool n betcha blinded alot of people with your repulsars lol awesome:)

mbz3e.jpg

kY6wk.jpg

IRON WOMAN v2*: WORK IN PROGRESS (AND STILL A WORK...

Nice job. Was it hard to modify the files to fit your figure? Do you plan on keeping your hair out of the helmet when you finish the suit to show that it is truly a Iron Woman? lol

First test run of complete costume. Missing a couple of detail pieces like the hip pods and hand plates. I have them but I haven't attached them yet.

IMG_1157.jpg

How are you guys connecting your abs? I glued them to the cod now they dont fit. Do you leace the front loose?

hey guys! first time post. here is my suit this year. Had lots of fun at the clubs. felt like a celebrity with all of the pictures I took. made this out of foam. i want to start working on a war machine soon.
Loved the foam flexibility. got my dance on haha

22715_4945083068879_1800519001_n.jpg

Kinda rushed the build for Halloween so I made mistakes along the way (i.e. switched helms, thighs, missing hands, neck, boots, lights, and clips)

156640_10151236480513256_1936234099_n.jpg

Last edited:

I just wanted to comment on how great this site is. I came across the Iron Man Mark IV armor and had to make it for halloween. I completed the entire suit in 13 days. Its not perfect but it was still a huge hit at the bars. I also won a few different halloween costumes with it. I was a little worried about getting the proportions right because I am 6'-3" and 220 lbs. but with the tutorial videos I think I did an ok job. No doubt in my mind that I will make more, and I'm not going to wait until next year to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back