Delete thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Robo3687 - IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates -Easy to Build "Green" Versi

I don't remember what Stealth recommends but I go with 6mm foam for almost everything. I used 2mm for some details and the hands I got from DocHoliday are made from 2mm which is best for that.

hey!

sadly ive already order 4 plates of 3mm thick :/ ill just use that for the helmet and get the 6mm for the rest,
thanks for the reply! :)

Re: Robo3687 - IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates -Easy to Build "Green" Versi

YYYYEEEEEEESSSSS!!! i have managed to download the files it was my security on the pc stopping the downloades all sorted downloaded and ready to rock and role just want to check one thing before i start this weekend.i have downloaded all the files available in A4 as i am based in the uk but i noticed certain files like the helmet and brace are only in one size on the first page will this be out of scale with the other files that i have downloaded in the A4 size .any help will bemuch appreciated

hi all,

I have been following this thread and others for a while now. Have built a couple of helmets (thanks to Robo, Jowe, Stealth and anyone I have missed for all your great work and the generosity to share it).

My question is how do you get the foam helmet to stiffen up enough so you can motorize the lid without it warping all over the place. Have done a little research and see that PVA + water seals the foam but am unsure if it makes it rigid enough for it to stay in shape once i cut the lid off

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

line the inside in some key areas with cardboard. Make sure to do that to the pivot points where you want to install a hinge as well.

coat all the cardboard areas with resin.

pretty simple.

Last edited:

Oh that's sounds horrendously easy. Thanks

Hi all.. many thanks to all of you who've been posting here.. I've been quietly working on my suit since august or so, and the photos & tips in this thread have been invaluable =)

Worst thing about finishing, is that I just want to start another one =)

IMG_1692_zps9acd412e-1.jpg

I've made my own thread over here.. http://www.therpf.com/f24/my-iron-man-2012-halloween-costume-164673/ and I have a more detailed write up over here.. Dwellers Mad Costume Design: The 2012 Halloween Costume..

Does any one have any experience with the brush on plasti dip method? How was it? Or do most of you do the pva method to seal the foam?

It Worked Very Well :D
img1051wg.jpg

Last edited:

Thank you stealth for making my halloween an awesome one, i'm not done yet. Did the zombie walk in OKC as zombie capt america, made a little guys day when i let him hold my shield.

Stealth thanx for sharing files and for the awesome tutorials...heres my work in progress. i still have to paint in the gold/yellow parts and some weathering and yes i know the helmets kinda tight on me. waiting on a better helmet. kinda slapped this one together for now.

20121026_150718.jpg

IMG_20121028_183802.jpg

IMG_20121028_183525.jpg

IMG_20121028_183248.jpg

Last edited:

check out my arc reactor:

IMG_20121028_184302.jpg

IMAG0051.jpg

If anyone has the pepakura, (be it foam or not) for the Iron man mark 4/6 thigh addons I would be willing to trade an ultimate iron man pepakura file! I really need the thigh addons please help!

Thigh filler plate templates can be found here:

http://www.therpf.com/f24/iron-man-mark-iv-vi-upper-thigh-148114/

Luckily, I don't think I am going to need them. Wore the suit for the first time Saturday at our church's Trunk or Treat. The metallic red zentai suit was almost a perfect match to the color of the suit. If you look at this pic, the red between the top of the thighs and the bottom of the cod is actually the zentai suit. Good enough, if you ask me.

615392_10151230519907446_1903378348_o.jpg

After wearing the suit for a while, I now know of a couple of things that I'm going to revise/add/modify as well as doing some weathering. But, all in all it worked out great and the kids loved it.

Thank you for the link, do you have a file for the butt as well?

Never saw a file for the rear section.

What is everyone using to put the suit on themselves? Straps? Buckles? Velcro? Im having problems mounting mine.

I wondered about the butt section to..

What is everyone using to put the suit on themselves? Straps? Buckles? Velcro? Im having problems mounting mine.

You need to check out Master Stealths Hero Tutorial Videos on Youtube sir. He basically put together an Iron Man for dummies set of videos. They are fantastic. Hero Tutorials - YouTube

Straps, buckles and velcro for me. After one night out, I'm redesigning a bunch of my buckle placements.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Stealth, Robo, Bippou,Vinny, etc...man you guys ALL amaze me. I work from home, and since I have seen Stealth's tuts (been watching daily) I've been reading this thread post by post from home, gleaming as much info as I can. Not gonna start actual work on my own suit till probably after New Years, but I am already amassing my tools and supplies, and have given my wife and daughter ample warning about me getting my Mad Scientist on all next year, lol.

Just wanted to say that you guys, everyone who's posted in here and forms this community, are so very awesome and you inspire many MANY of us. Look for my build thread in early 2013, gonna shoot to have it read for at least Halloween 2013.

Keep kicking butt guys ^__^

hey guys ^___^ these templates were EXTREMELY helpful and I managed to put together an Iron Man costume for Halloween in two weeks! Granted, this costume is still a work in progress (still need the shoulders, biceps, thighs and fingers). I'm so excited to start wearing this to conventions and the Iron Man 3 premiere ;D

mbz3e.jpg

kY6wk.jpg

This build is made of cardboard and vinyl fabric but now i regret not using foam ;A;
I have more work-in-progress photos on my tumblr :)
http://heylookitslisa.tumblr.com/post/34531119199/iron-woman-v2-work-in-progress-and-still-a-work

Thank you so much Stealth for posting the templates :DD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back