Delete thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Robo3687 - IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates -Easy to Build "Green" Versi

I just took my heat gun to one of the shins. It seemed to pull the 'foggy' spots out a bit, should I do that to the whole suit before a clear coat? Or just go ahead with the clear? :/

I'm worried about damaging the paint, or possibly loosening the hot glue in the seams, but it appears to improve the consistency of the paint finish.

I get a similar finish on my stuff after the paint. I usually just go straight to clear coat without any problems.

Re: Robo3687 - IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates -Easy to Build "Green" Versi

U, sir, just made my day! The clear coat perked that shine right up :D
I was in a serious fret over it lol...so I'm finished!!!! I'll hopefully have pics and video of the complete suit-up 2moro afternoon. Thnx for ur help jeff :thumbsup

U, sir, just made my day! The clear coat perked that shine right up :D
I was in a serious fret over it lol...so I'm finished!!!! I'll hopefully have pics and video of the complete suit-up 2moro afternoon. Thnx for ur help jeff :thumbsup

Awesome! I'm glad I could help. Can't wait to see the finished product.

I CANT WAIT!
Just Ordered A LOTT of Foam :D
Gonna start Make My OWN!
Thanks For The Templates!
:)

Wasup can anybody link me the inner knee and elbow

THX in advance

can someone give me a close up shot of the side of one of the boots? I am trying to determine how the pieces fit together since they are broken into three sections in the pep file. thanks in advance.

Ant

Anyone have a printable cut out of the unibeam pattern? Something similar to what Stealth prints out for the center of the arc reactor?

Thanks in advance!

heyy i do believe your shoulder bells are facing the wrong way :V
awesome work though
they are facing the wrong way , i did the same thing but fixed it before i got to glue them on.

Last edited:

wow what can i say i am truely inspired and have spent all night trying to download these files but have not been sucessfull at all :( i do not no where i am going wrong i have downloaded the viewer and then clicked on the files to download but i dont understand were you can print off the templates and i am really getting frustrated i really do not no what iam doing can somebody please help i have tryed searching but have still not been sucssesfull :(

wow what can i say i am truely inspired and have spent all night trying to download these files but have not been sucessfull at all :( i do not no where i am going wrong i have downloaded the viewer and then clicked on the files to download but i dont understand were you can print off the templates and i am really getting frustrated i really do not no what iam doing can somebody please help i have tryed searching but have still not been sucssesfull :(

Hi Strechweaver. First of all, welcome to the group.

So I'm not sure where you're getting stuck actually. You save you have downloaded the files. Are they in a zip file or something like that? Don't get frustrated. Just give us a step by step of where you are getting stuck and I'm sure we can get you sorted out.

It would probably be best if someone could give a step by step guide :( i am probably best starting over i downloaded the files from page one but they dont open i also downloaded Pepakura viewer but that does nothing either :( i am really stuck its so frustrating as i just want to get stuck in

After you downloaded Pepakura viewer, did you install it ?
Once installed, can you launch it ?
Once Pepakura launched, can you drop a *.pdo file into it for opening ?

I think you're overly excited and are not listening closely to the tutorials. I literally showed you step by step how to do even that part.

I mentioned to get designer as you can do a lot more.

You really need to listen and follow closely. It's not that complicated.

To say that these programs aren't doing anything, is pretty odd as I did explain right here
at the beginning of this video on what to do with the files.

Using PEPAKURA for FOAM Costume Building - Part 2 -

if you install the program, all you need to do is double click one of the files and it will open the software.

So, I really don't know what you're doing wrong.

Last edited:

ok so starting from scratch i go on to the Pepakura website and download the designer instead of the viewer then install it on my computer. i then go to the files on page one witch automatically take me to a file sharing website i take it i sign up for this website.i then download the file and save it to my desktop for example then if i doble click the shortcut it should open in Pepakura then i just print it off

Had to scrap my MKVI and am missing it so bad.
But the new MKXLVII is growing on me. Any chance we will see foam peps of it Soon?

stealth, from all the posts on your thread i cant find the MM of the foam anymore. what MM did u mention to use? around 5mm ??? i cant find it back on ur tutorials aswell... i watched all of them AGAIN lol but i cant find it, because some of your videos are not showing anymore. i cant find it in your "upload" list its kinda messed up for me, so ye hope anyone or stealth can suggest the thickness of the foam.

thanks! and cya ;)

stealth, from all the posts on your thread i cant find the MM of the foam anymore. what MM did u mention to use? around 5mm ??? i cant find it back on ur tutorials aswell... i watched all of them AGAIN lol but i cant find it, because some of your videos are not showing anymore. i cant find it in your "upload" list its kinda messed up for me, so ye hope anyone or stealth can suggest the thickness of the foam.

thanks! and cya ;)

I don't remember what Stealth recommends but I go with 6mm foam for almost everything. I used 2mm for some details and the hands I got from DocHoliday are made from 2mm which is best for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back