Defiance

001.JPGGlad I don't have to return my new "Roller"!

I guess they have to know the show is picked up before investing in more content. I'm glad we get to see more stuff in game.

I guess they have to know the show is picked up before investing in more content. I'm glad we get to see more stuff in game.

I agree, more game content is good. Seriously, short of buying an DLC, I wasn't sure if there was going to be anything more (like I've said, I've played through all the main mission, episode missions and side-missions). I'm about 50 overall EGO points before reaching 2000.

But to keep me busy, right now, on the Defiance forums, I'm involved in an RP post with four others as a means of killing time. Probably not the best writing I've done, but I try to keep up as good as I can. I mention this because I came up with an audio playing device I've considered on constructing as a prop in the same style as some of the human tech seen in the show (mainly for practice, and of course, non-canon to the game and show). And I have a 2010 Challenger model I want to make look like the one I drive in the game (only problem is that I can't find any Duplicolor touch-up paint to use for the model that's in orange. The closest that Advanced Auto Parts has is the enamel used for car engines, and there's no way I'm going to use that for the model. I like the Duplicolor because of the smooth applying and fast drying times).

But a big thing I'm wondering: since what happens to the Arkbelt in the season finale (trying not to spoil things for those who haven't seen those episode yet in the U.K.) has occurred, does that mean that they'll be including something more for Defiance game? If so, I did come up with a nifty gameplay idea earlier this year that could help keep the game in canon with the show.

Last edited:
I know I'm resurrecting the thread, but I figured, it's best to keep things up-to-date.

For those who haven't played the game yet, we're getting a new area in the main world of the game: Alcatraz. Apparently, it will be the jumping off point for a new gameplay called Expedition. Here's some updates on what's coming up soon in the game:
Alcatraz Preview: Expeditions
The Guardian Angel: The Shield to Die For
Alcatraz Preview: Cyber Rigs

Over at DefianceData.com, they've got a couple of pictures previewing Alcatraz and a whole page dedicated to Alcatraz info: http://www.defiancedata.com/calendar-entry.php?id=43

As for my character in-game, and in the RP Thread I mentioned of a while ago, Chase Lonehart made his way back to his hometown of Freedom, Alabama (formerly Pensacola, Florida), reconnected with someone from his past, ended up going to Tampa in the Quarantine Zone, got crushed by debris, was left for dead by the group he was with, woke up with no idea on who he was, made it Panama City, had his right arm amputated (due to the fact it was crushed beyond recovery), got a mechanical arm as a replacement, a new ride, a new costume (a Defiant Few Recon Gear helmet and a Riveter outfit) and a new name, Tom Cody, and has made his way back to the Bay in search of who he was. Yeah, a lot can happen in RP. Of course, I've updated Chase's costume for "Season 3." The only thing I kinda wish is that the makers of the game would add more of the Votan races as playable species. I'd like to have the woman Chase reconnected with, an Indogene named Iri Sewuel (pronounced "Airy Say-well") as a second user player in the game.

Honestly, can't wait for Season 3 to air. Any and all Defiance related projects have been put on hold until I finish my not-so-screen-accurate Blade Runner blaster.

Is there a season 3? When does it start? Seems like this has been gone for a while now.

No more "gone a while now" as there was between Season 1 and 2. And as firesprite has stated, they're currently filming right now. In fact, back in January, the cast and some of the crew posted pictures of their first day (I myself saw Jaime Murray's picture, with her and Tonny Curran in their Castithan makeup and costumes, and Trenna Keating showing a picture of her at the end of the first day of filming).

Just resurrecting this thread, as Season 3 is set to start next week here in the U.S. :D

BTW, if you have the game and don't have the DLCs, you can get the Season Pass here via Amazon for $20 (which is almost half the price that even Trion Worlds is offering it on their website's store or via Steam). The code is for the PC US release of the game. Get it while you can, play the game, catch up to what you missed in the Bay area and also be ready for EGO codes during the broadcast: http://www.amazon.com/Defiance-Digital-Season-Pass-Online/dp/B00B29S1LI

Catch y'all around the Bay.

DEFIANCE!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm so excited for this season. I'm looking forward to seeing what's going on in my favorite post-apocalyptic small town and beyond. I have some theories about the new species of alien we're going to be seeing around town and am very curious to see how close I am. :)

I'm so excited for this season. I'm looking forward to seeing what's going on in my favorite post-apocalyptic small town and beyond. I have some theories about the new species of alien we're going to be seeing around town and am very curious to see how close I am. :)

I can hardly wait myself. Honestly. a lot of people have complained about the Omec's look because people were hoping they'd be more alien looking. Honestly, I don't have a problem with how they look. If I had issues with how the Omec looked, then by that logic, I should have issues with the Castithans, Irathients and Indogenes because how humanoid they look (what the two former looking even closer to human with small differences).

I can hardly wait myself. Honestly. a lot of people have complained about the Omec's look because people were hoping they'd be more alien looking. Honestly, I don't have a problem with how they look. If I had issues with how the Omec looked, then by that logic, I should have issues with the Castithans, Irathients and Indogenes because how humanoid they look (what the two former looking even closer to human with small differences).

Given the events of the distant past we saw in season 2 with the Kaziri, it's possible that the development of humanity might have been influenced by Votan DNA which is why we look similar. Wouldn't THAT be ironic?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back