DeAgostini Millennium Falcon by dtssyst

I thought I would give a little update on what is going on.

1/8 scale Eaglemoss Delorian is on the bench. Currently at issue 46 and counting.

DeAgostini Falcon in progress. Both upper and lower metal hulls assembled (with mandibles). Both hulls also have the panels attached. The Cockpit is almost finished.

I have tinkered on the studio scale x-wing. The wings are done and attached to the aluminum armature. Currently trying to fix the crooked nose cone. Undecided on the cockpit from Gus or the studio scale version. This has me at a standstill.

A lot of progress on the Cooper Star Destroyer. Just about ready to run fiber optics.

I am going to try and start printing some studio scale y-wing parts on our printer soon as I really want to make this model. Nurnies (seconds) from Studio Kitbash were ordered. Just awaiting for them to arrive.

Funds are extremely tight if non existent due to my wife's medical bills.*
So all the above is really my only form of entertainment.

My wife's mother passed away this year unexpectedly. Otherwise, my wife Kristine is doing great. She is currently having possible bone necrosis in her mouth. A tooth was causing her pain this summer. Many Dr's and dental surgeon's later... she is now taking medications.
No teeth pulled as of yet. It is hopeful the medications will be enough. This is all caused from (of all things) a bone building medication she was taking as a part of her cancer treatment. Needless to say, she is not taking that medication anymore.

Her metastatic breast cancer (stage 4 for those who don't know) is no longer shrinking. Even better, it is also not growing. It is currently at a standstill.

My wife enjoys painting ceramics but LOVES to sew. This is her form of entertainment.
If not sewing, she is playing (putting puzzles together) on her phone or she is on Facebook.

So there it is. A little bit of what has been going on this year.

*My wife has a go fund me page that, if interested, you can donate to. You can find a link to it on her and my Facebook page. She updates it so everyone is informed on what is going on.

My hobby room / office / guest room.
1213180840_HDR.jpg
tools_reference.jpg
Office entry.jpg

Finally, more progress.
I figured out how I am going to mount the ship!

The mount will attach to a Panavise. I used a NavePoint projector mount (upc: 8 1788001518 1) from ebay. I bought it a long time ago but was unsure how I wanted to use it. Note: I had to flatten the four pieces that screw into the interior hull of the ship.

Also used is a Panavise adapter screw from Mike Reader (I had in my stash of goodies). Two washers, a regular nut and a lock nut to fasten the screw to the projector mount.

Mounting the ship this way allows me to install the bottom gunner well and the gun that goes on the outside of the ship. The Shapeways gunner well is only temporarily in place to show that it fits.

The front mandibles are also screwed in place. The top mandibles are screwed into place on the top hull. This was to help alleviate the 'droop' that can happen to the front mandibles.

The side frames are screwed to the inside (not outside) of the bottom hulls perimeter frame. This is to help make the side walls a bit deeper (and to allow the missing greeblies to be installed).

20200121_175637.jpg

20200121_175615.jpg

20200121_180650.jpg

Cockpit almost done.

Two red led fibers can bee seen on the side. They just need to be trimmed.

A few more fibers to run inside the cockpit. Also have a little touch up paint to do here and there.

The nose cone is just a modification between the two that were supplied. The initial issued version and the 'corrected' version they supplied later on in the build.

Not shown: the engines are installed. The supplied led strips only half lit. So, I used some that I have on hand for other projects. I had to use two step up voltage converters to make it work with the supplied board.
I used another step up converter inside the cockpit so I could add more lights and light it up they way I wanted.

20200122_171221.jpg

Last edited:
Not wanting to have a lot of projects going at once, I figured that I would finish all the builds that are currently in process.

What is my motivation? There are a few kits in my collection that I want to build.
They (a 1/24th scale B_Wing, Moebius Jupiter 2, 31" Nautilus and more) are waiting and staring at me. A few are even whispering 'build me, build me'.

This Falcon is the next in that line of started builds to be finished.

Thank you for being so patient and look for updates to follow soon.

I spent most of the day getting myself familiar with the kit again. Seeing what I did to date and what is left.

I need to finish the interior first and foremost.

From what I see, this is going to take a bit.

Bench and bunk mostly assembled.
20201123_154037.jpg

Not glued in place of course. Lights, photo etch and so on needing to be done.

NICE! I'm really trying to find someone to build me something so I have docking ring mounts on my personal upcoming build. Would love mandibles too but not as important to me as a side mount via docking rings.

Photobucket out and now using imgur. Imgur: The magic of the Internet

This information was mainly intended for my use/reference to build the DeAgostini Millennium Falcon.

Since we closed our personal website, and the fact that I know that there are others that would like this information, I am providing that information here.

Please know that it is not intended to be the final word on what is right or wrong.

I personally thank all those who share information not only in building but those who create aftermarket parts, links with information and more.

Where to buy the model:
Collectible Model Star Wars Kits | De Agostini | ModelSpace

Official Forum:
Access denied
Official YouTube Build Diary:
Official Millennium Falcon Build Diary - YouTube

Instructions:
http://www.scaleautofactory.com/build.php?file=starwars/deagostini/instruction.xml

Engine Bay Cover:
You may want to buy replacement metal screws if you do not wish to use the plastic DeAgostini screws provided in issue 95.
What to buy... M3 x 8mm Flat Head Socket Screws Countersunk

Sidewall Modification:
The following information is for the modification to our falcon sidewalls. This is to provide more depth to the falcon sidewalls.
M2-.4 x 4 mm Flat Head Screw

Links of interest:

Paragrafix Photo Etch... ParaGrafix™ -- The leader in aftermarket parts for science fiction model kits.
308 Bits (TonyRR)... 308 Bits by TonyRR - Shapeways Shops
Envisaged 3D parts... Envisaged Image by Envisaged_Image - Shapeways Shops
Space in Scale... Space In Scale by SpaceInScale - Shapeways Shops
LrdSatyr8... Satyr's Models by LrdSatyr8 - Shapeways Shops
3Dynamics... 3Dynamics by bluevoice - Shapeways Shops
Gus76... Limited Run - Set of Photoetched Grilles with Fans for DeAgostini Falcon - NOW IN PRODUCTION
Gus76... Limited Run - Complete Cockpit Replacement Set for DeAgostini and Hasbro Hero Millennium Falcon
Gus76... Limited Run - 1/43 Scale Figures for DeAgostini Millennium Falcon
Tengel... scaledesign by tengel - Shapeways Shops
Redwolf2008... http://www.shapeways.com/shops/technomage-enterprises?section=star+wars+millennium+falcon&s=0
Doublefire models... https://www.shapeways.com/shops/doublefire-models
Ktaylor... https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=275787
Ktaylor... https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=275807

Falcon 3D Parts: http://www.falcon3dparts.com/

DOA Paint: http://www.starwars-doa.co.uk/

Parts Missing on the De Agostini Millennium Falcon.
The following photos provide the name of the model kit that the parts are located along with the part number so it is easier to locate the part(s).
Please note that I have not colored, marked or identified all missing parts in the following images. Some parts can be scratch built. Some kits that the parts are found can be expensive.

View attachment 980381
View attachment 980382
View attachment 980383
View attachment 980384
View attachment 980385
View attachment 980386
View attachment 980387
View attachment 980388
View attachment 980389

PAINT:
As I understand it, the following Floquil paint colors are what was thought to have been used on the original prop. The paints listed with the floquil paints are what is said to be a color match.

Floquil "Grime" is said to be the main color of the ship. Some have suggested that it was a 50/50 mix of Floquil Grime F110086 and Floquil Reefer White F110011.

Concrete
Floquil Enamel F110082 Concrete
Polly Scale Acrylic F414317 Concrete
Model Master Acrylic 4876 Concrete (Extremely close match)
Model Master Enamel 1726 Light Sea Grey (to dark when compared)

Reefer Yellow
Floquil Enamel F110031 Reefer Yellow
Polly Scale Acrylic F414122 Reefer Yellow
Model Master Acrylic 4879 Reefer Yellow (extremely close match)
Model Master Enamel 28104 Chrysler Yellow (Not Verified)

Reefer Grey
Floquil Enamel F110012 Reefer Grey
Polly Scale Acrylic F414116 Reefer Gray

Caboose Red
Floquil Enamel F110020 Caboose Red
Poly Scale Acrylic F414128 Caboose Red
Model Master Acrylic 4880 Caboose Red (extremely close match)
Model Master Enamel 1705 Insignia Red (Not Verified)

Grime
Floquil Enamel F110086 Grime (old stock is darker than the new stock!!!)
Polly Scale F414417 Acrylic Grime
Model Master Enamel 1733 Camouflage Grey (not Verified against older stock)
Scalecoat Enamel S116 R.R. Grime#1 (Not Verified)

Rust
Floquil Enamel F110073 Rust
Polly Scale Acrylic F414323 Rust
Model Master Enamel 1785 Rust (Not a match)

Primer
Floquil Enamel F110009 Primer
Model Master Enamel 1730 Flat Gull Grey (My observation, a shade to dark)

I acquired the Floquil Painting Miniatures book that also included the color chart.
Here is a hi-res scan for those interested...

View attachment 980390

FLOQUIL Enamel Paints that are in our collection:
110084 Foundation
110023 Flesh Tone Base
110030 Reefer Orange
110168 UP Light Orange
110250 CN Orange #11
RR81 Earth
110019 Dirt
110008 Sand
110083 Mud
110006 Dust
110073 Rust
110108 Gun Metal
110103 Bright Gold
110104 Brass
110105 Copper
110101 Bright Silver
110144 Platinum Mist
110010 Engine Black
RR17 Weathered Black
110119 Graphite
110280 WISC CNTRL Gold (GLS)
110031 Reefer Yellow
110033 Railbox Yellow
110254 CN Yellow #12
110178 ATSF Yellow
110356 CSX Yellow (GLS)
110310 TTX Yellow
110166 Up Armor Yellow
110133 SP Armor Yellow
110358 CSX New Image Gold
110011 Reefer White
110085 Antique White
110034 Brunswick Grean
110320 M.K.T. Green (GLS)
110035 Burl No Green
110262 CNW Green (GLS)
110256 CN Green # 12
110041 Light Green
110183 Reading Green
110048 Coach Green
110174 Southern Green
110044 Depot Olive Green
110179 ATSF Mineral Brown
110087 Depot Buff
110177 ATSF Blue
110056 GN Big Sky Blue
110051 Light Blue
110352 CSX Blue
110058 Conrail Blue
110050 Dark Blue
110357 CSX New Image Blue
110009 Primer
110185 Guilford Grey
110150 D&H Grey
110130 SP Lark Light Grey
110191 SP Lark Dark Grey
110012 Reefer Grey
110016 Aged Concrete
110082 Concrete
110086 Grime (R86)
110350 CSX Grey
110167 Up Arbor Mist Grey
110252 CN Grey #17
110088 Caboose
110020 Caboose Red
110135 Daylight Red
110282 WISC CNTRL Maroon (GLS)
110136 SP Scarlet
110601 Zink Chrome Primer
R78 Boxcar Red
110176 ATSF Red
R26 Tuscan
This is a life saver

Just a heads up... I am waiting for nicer weather (probably spring) as I need to paint the interior parts.
I would like to keep the paint fumes down in the home :)
Yes, the paint booth helps. However, the colder temps also hinder the painting process (my opinion).

This build will be finished this year.

"The front mandibles are also screwed in place. The top mandibles are screwed into place on the top hull. This was to help alleviate the 'droop' that can happen to the front mandibles."

I would be very interested in how you accomplished this as if I remember they just slot into some hole for the top??

"The front mandibles are also screwed in place. The top mandibles are screwed into place on the top hull. This was to help alleviate the 'droop' that can happen to the front mandibles."

I would be very interested in how you accomplished this as if I remember they just slot into some hole for the top??
If memory serves...
I used screws and nuts. Filed off the 'nipples' and drilled the holes so the screw would fit. Then I fastened the nut to the other side of the screw. Next, I installed the panels on the mandibles followed by the ones for the main hull.
I hope this helps.

I will take pictures as soon as I can.

Last edited:
Another issue...
I am waiting for the power supply I ordered from DeAgostini. I want to make sure my voltage regulators are properly setup before I continue to wire in more led lights.

I ordered the power supply from Deagostini in November 2020. Still on backorder. ARG!
So, we canceled the order.

So, I ordered a power supply from Amazon.
That means I am back on the build... hurray!!!

I'm redoing all electronics. That means no remote control operation and no ramp. Honestly, not a big deal. It will still be awesome once finished.

New wires run and working.
20210308_153340.jpg

Looks like two rows of lights. Its just one. The other 'row' is a reflection from the aluminum tape.
20210308_153505.jpg

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back