Deagostini Falcon. Anyone seen this?

Received my parts today! I'm glad as well that this item is double boxed. Long-time lurker but I seldom post around here. Digging around the forums and trying to find a thread that pretty much explains or shows reference pics of the ESB Falcon so I can use that as a paint and weathering guide. Any recommendations guys? Also what is the proper base coat color of the hull?
Sorry to sound so "Newbish" ! :lol

This is what I have read people using so far.

ILM Original model- Floquil Grime 110086

Modern choices:

Mix-Vallejo 71.119 White Grey with Vallejo 71.001 White

or

Vallejo 71.132 Aged White

or

Vallejo 71.103 Grey

Some people also feel just base white works and once all the weathering is done it looks correct.

- - - Updated - - -

Personally I am happy with the paintjob on the Deago. I think once I am done adding all the weathering, additional battle damage and what not it will look perfect. I need to add to and change some of the Deago stock battle damage but as a base to start I think the Deago paintjob is great.

There was some problem with some earlier parts base color not matching but all my parts match great, good wash on them, etc.

please clarify, don't leave us hanging

When 'Build the MF' first came onto the market, a few issues were released, maybe 3 or 4? I'm not sure. But it was stopped at that point according to subscribers at the time who were sent a message from deagostini either by mail or email. It was then subsequently released again. Possibly to see the overall interest in the product. The parts that were in the initial release are noticeably smaller and have slightly different detail to them. Maybe the factory that are making the model got their dimensions wrong? I'm not sure. But one thing for sure is the original release parts won't fit on the new system. Maybe that's why they stopped then started again? If halfway through the subscription the model wasn't really 'studio scale' ?

When 'Build the MF' first came onto the market, a few issues were released, maybe 3 or 4? I'm not sure. But it was stopped at that point according to subscribers at the time who were sent a message from deagostini either by mail or email. It was then subsequently released again. Possibly to see the overall interest in the product. The parts that were in the initial release are noticeably smaller and have slightly different detail to them. Maybe the factory that are making the model got their dimensions wrong? I'm not sure. But one thing for sure is the original release parts won't fit on the new system. Maybe that's why they stopped then started again? If halfway through the subscription the model wasn't really 'studio scale' ?
Ah I get you , I thought you meant the first few releases of this run, interestingly I know that those smaller versions would fit the hasbro , I would love to be able to buy them , thanks

That is correct...I have seen the size differences on youtube a few months ago...from a gentleman that had both first related issues to the new beginning issues from the new line distribution , there is a significant difference in detail and sizes , that's why, it was originally discontinued...then after getting better information and consultation , from SD and several other influences , the changes that were made , became more accurate and detailed in every way.....that's why , those were merely test runs and interest buildup....but had to be reworked entirely, so with that being said , there is No Discrepancies with this new run from Deagostini !!! No worries , all problems have been resolved , and there is no more problems with the new production !!!

There's a few people that are upset that they'll have to wait 2 years until it's complete and definitely a long wait if your wanting to hurry up and build it and paint it yourself. That's understandable but when you think of it this way, what's the longest you've had to wait if you've ever had someone commission build something for you? Reading some old posts here and other sites I can't believe there's people that have waited up to 3 years for their return! That is insanely patient. Understandably there's some untrustworthy folk that rip people off and hence why they've waited that long. At least with this instance your getting your stuff delivered to you monthly guaranteed. I'm pretty sure it was released by Deagostini at the time but when I was a kid I did a subscription build for a human anatomical body model kit. You could see all the veins, muscles, bones and all the other sloppy insides. It had hardcover books that came with it too which were quite educational for kids. It was a year and a half subscription. When it was finally complete man was it awesome! I loved that thing.

I have been working to modify parts of the hold, although initially I wasn't going to do anything in there, I just had to.

Part way through 3D modelling
DFF88BD3-5EC8-4E8D-B3AF-D6CF01E589CE_zpsxtbbklge.jpg

Checking fit with one printed on my printer, god I hate removing support material, just enough removed to check for fit
8E0DE039-0CE7-4F3B-96B7-7DD190C79B16_zpsjnbdsyec.jpg

I have one on the way from Shapeways and will post an image of it when I get it

Well I know the Han figure was available in the UK, but not in the US. Neither was the T-shirt in the US, but we did get the blueprint. Seems as if the Aussies get the T-shirt but not the blueprint. You'd think that they would just include everything for everyone, but I guess not.

Aussies get the T shirt ?? news to me as it hasn't been released here yet , where did that gem of information come from?

Finally got my first delivery of four magazines. I don't have my blueprint! :confused I have a shirt but no blueprint. No Han Solo figure either but I have a shirt.

Does anyone know if there are late subscribers if they'll fast-track them to the current publishing so were not behind?

Aussies get the T shirt ?? news to me as it hasn't been released here yet , where did that gem of information come from?

Read above

I have been working to modify parts of the hold, although initially I wasn't going to do anything in there, I just had to.

Part way through 3D modelling
View attachment 454539

Checking fit with one printed on my printer, god I hate removing support material, just enough removed to check for fit
View attachment 454543

I have one on the way from Shapeways and will post an image of it when I get it

You did a fantastic job on it, could you please share the stl file?

Last edited:
Well after hearing some people's stories of regret on letting the MR falcon get away and thinking I did the same thing in the past with other great props, I decided to get on board. The way I see it is I work swing shift at the mill 56+ hours a week, my family is well taken care of, why not spend the $ on something nice for myself. My plan is to collect all the parts first and in 2 years my son will be 6 and we can spend a winter bonding over something we bolth love Star Wars.

Read above

It hasn't been released in Australia yet.
If you read edspaged2's post, I believe he ordered it in the UK:

Cheers, yeah I just started reading up on their FAQ's. I'm actually in the UK at the moment. In Scotland. Your home turf :) Thought I would subscribe while I'm here. I'll give them a call on Monday and see if they can send out a blueprint. At least I've got the shirt though eh. .

Well after hearing some people's stories of regret on letting the MR falcon get away and thinking I did the same thing in the past with other great props, I decided to get on board. The way I see it is I work swing shift at the mill 56+ hours a week, my family is well taken care of, why not spend the $ on something nice for myself. My plan is to collect all the parts first and in 2 years my son will be 6 and we can spend a winter bonding over something we bolth love Star Wars.

Or you can start with him now while he is four and spend two years bonding over each and every intricite piece. :)

My 4 year old daughter and 6 year old son are anxious to get started. Just need to clear some space and get some time.

Just ordered my second one.

Best case scenario I get to keep both.

More likely I can trade or sell the second one to get one of my other five Holy Grails.

Likely a replacement Master Replicas Millenium Falcon, RMQ EFX Vader Helmet, or Replacement 6 ft Toys-R-Us Falcon.

Could also help with my two other Holy Grails. My 1/1 Ark of the Covenant or my 1/1 Sideshow Endoskeleton.

Would be sweet if I got my Five other Holy Grails and got to keep both Deagos.

I have it on order. It will be hard but I'm going to refrain from assembling it for awhile.

I know that feeling well... I don't know how many times I've sat there looking at the packages and stopping myself from opening them prematurely. I've been working out plans in my head making sure I got a good handle on how I'm going to attack it right so I make everything perfect. In any event, I'm on the verge of ripping them open soon... I can feel it! :) LOL

- - - Updated - - -

Just ordered my second one.

Best case scenario I get to keep both.

More likely I can trade or sell the second one to get one of my other five Holy Grails.

Likely a replacement Master Replicas Millenium Falcon, RMQ EFX Vader Helmet, or Replacement 6 ft Toys-R-Us Falcon.

Could also help with my two other Holy Grails. My 1/1 Ark of the Covenant or my 1/1 Sideshow Endoskeleton.

Would be sweet if I got my Five other Holy Grails and got to keep both Deagos.

I was looking at the DeAgostini site the other day and noticed they also have a kit part working 3D Printer... I think that will me my next purchase! :)

I was looking at the DeAgostini site the other day and noticed they also have a kit part working 3D Printer... I think that will me my next purchase! :)

Don´t get carried away. I am pretty sure that any other printer kit out there will come you cheaper in the end than the DeAgo kit. And by the time the kit is completed it may be outdated.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back