Deagostini Falcon. Anyone seen this?

There seems to be a lot of small screws involved. If you go to their page, you can download the PDF assembly instructions for the first few sets so you get some idea about assembly.

Man, I am so on the fence about this! I've NEVER sunk this kind of dough into a model before, but spreading it out over two years could certainly take the hurt out of it. I want this so badly, yet there are just so many 'ifs' involved.
-What if the company goes out of business or something and you are stuck with half a model?
-I'm in the USA, what if an issue is lost in overseas transit?
-What if your issue is missing a piece?
-What if a piece comes damaged? Or you lose a piece during your two year build?

Can someone please just come to my house and twist my arm on this?

Man, I am so on the fence about this! I've NEVER sunk this kind of dough into a model before, but spreading it out over two years could certainly take the hurt out of it. I want this so badly, yet there are just so many 'ifs' involved.
-What if the company goes out of business or something and you are stuck with half a model?
-I'm in the USA, what if an issue is lost in overseas transit?
-What if your issue is missing a piece?
-What if a piece comes damaged? Or you lose a piece during your two year build?

Can someone please just come to my house and twist my arm on this?

DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You will regret it if you don't.

Comes with an awesome paint job Mara Jade's Father so don't sweat it. The really intense guys are gonna re-paint but it's coming with an awesome one and you can always mod it down the line. It's totally worth it and the build itself will be easy. Modest skills only needed. If I can build it anyone can.

Back to Laspector. You will hate yourself if you don't do it. I miss my MR Falcon so bad, kicked myself for not getting two when it came out. Had to sell it, oh the agony.

DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any missing parts would be replaced. The company has been around for a while. This will be huge, no way they are going to go out of buisness.

DO IT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-What if the company goes out of business or something and you are stuck with half a model? I highly doubt they will discontinue half way as this would put such a bad name on them that no one would buy from them again. I am sure that they are bringing in the $ as I bet the sales on this are more than they anticipated. Money in = staying in business.
-I'm in the USA, what if an issue is lost in overseas transit? My understanding is that these are shipped to the USA distributor and then shipped out to us.
-What if your issue is missing a piece? Contact them for replacement as soon as you confirm your parts (or missing parts) with the checklist in that particular issue.
-What if a piece comes damaged? Or you lose a piece during your two year build? Contact them about the damaged part as soon as you receive the issue. You loose it you will need to buy a duplicate issue, if they will not replace it (your fault you lost the part not theirs).

Can someone please just come to my house and twist my arm on this? Just do it and let all be right in the galaxy :)

Last edited:
How can you tell the difference? I mean, The only difference I can possibly imagine is that in ESB he had a dark blue jacket on instead of just the vest. I dunno.

The main differences are the Jacket instead of the vest, which is actually charcoal grey, not dark blue (It just looks that way because of the lighting) the trousers were also brown with a yellow stripe instead of the ANH blue with red stripe. The holster was slightly different and the blaster was noticeably different. I think the shirt had changed too, but I'm not sure on that one.

I'm currently up to issue #9 and so far quality is good to excellent. The basic components feature some very fine detail, especially around the roof of the cockpit tube, and lots of nice add-on greeblies are starting to arrive which certainly look screen accurate.
The one disappointment so far is the cockpit windows assembly which looks wrong. DeAgostini are aware of this and are currently working to correct it. My guess is that this will be replaced sometime in a future issue with a free part.

The one disappointment so far is the cockpit windows assembly which looks wrong. DeAgostini are aware of this and are currently working to correct it. My guess is that this will be replaced sometime in a future issue with a free part.

I have been having a look at this area and it should be easy enough to fix with a file and some sanding sticks. I am going to work on the window frames this weekend and I will post a picture after I finish.

I saw some of their other replicas and WOW!!! their F1 cars have stunning details and also very impressed with their WWII Spitfire

I have been having a look at this area and it should be easy enough to fix with a file and some sanding sticks. I am going to work on the window frames this weekend and I will post a picture after I finish.

It require a little more than just a file and sand as some of the frames are misaligned....given the generally good quality of the other components I'm at a loss to understand how they messed up this piece

And it is 4 issues per month for the 59.99, right? Not 59.99 per issue? My budget could handle 60 a month but not 240

Yes $59.99 for four issues at a time. It's like $67 something with shipping total per month for four issues/sets of parts.

A little over $1,600 total over two years.

hi i just signed up to this forum i live in London and we just got issue 9 on Wednesday it is the most i have ever payed for for a model, not to mention a magazine but i knew i would regret it if i didn't get it. i have always wanted the millennium falcon i mean always! so this one looks great i haven't done a model in 20 years so i am paying close attention to all of you but i was wondering from what i can see there doesn't seem to be any photo etched parts and this could surely use it also does any one know just how much of the inside there doing ?

Last edited:
hi i just signed up to this forum i live in London and we just got issue 9 on Wednesday it is the most i have ever payed for for a model, not to mention a magazine but i knew i would regret it if i didn't get it. i have always wanted the millennium falcon i mean always! so this one looks great i haven't done a model in 20 years so i am paying close attention to all of you but i was wondering from what i can see there doesn't seem to be any photo etched parts and this could surely use it also does any one know just how much of the inside there doing ?

Hi Redwolf,

As far as I can see there will be no photoetched parts supplied with the model. That said, I don't think the ILM modelmakers used photoetch on the exterior of the model anywhere, just numerous plastic kit parts from many different model kits. There is only really one part so far that could be improved with photoetched brass - the lounge/hold floor.

As to the interior, it is shown on the reverse of the blueprint you got with issue one. It includes the cockpit, cargo hold/lounge, roughly a quarter of the circular corridor, a small section of the cockpit tube corridor, the turret gun interiors and ladder. Remember that there are some discrepancies between the film exterior, interor sets and models, so the interior is a compromise to some degree. Interor set space wise, the Falcon in the film is like a Dr. Who TARDIS!

is any one planing to build the full "the best interpretation of it at least " insides, and the aft holds and the crew's quarters

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back