Deagostini Falcon. Anyone seen this?

This just gets better and better. One of my big concerns was all the piping, how they were gonna do it, was it gonna be molded on, etc.

I am so glad to see this.

It looks pretty good, but this was after a bit of work. The piping stands proud of the surface of the model by a significant distance, what you see is after I trimmed the vertical parts of the pipes to bring them closer to the body, like the pipes on the studio model.

Come on. This is a studio scale model. Just use the original part that came from Tamiya's 1/35 SdKfz 232 8Rad.

It's still missing the long thin piece with the rectangle on the end that sits on top. This part is very fragile so I will wait until I finish cutting out where the extra armour plate notches should be (Black marks).

So now its out in USA in April? Wow..it was Jan-Feb...then March..now its April... I don't expect to see this until NOV to be honest now.

Come on. This is a studio scale model. Just use the original part that came from Tamiya's 1/35 SdKfz 232 8Rad.

It comes with that part on the greeblie sprue. I am just leaving it off at the moment as it is very fragile compared to the other detail parts. Sorry if I was unclear about my intentions.

If I understand correctly, they send 4 issues a month which totals 48 issues a year, does that mean you can complete the falcon in 2 years? what about new subscribers do you get all missed issues with parts all at once? so if my calculation are right total to complete falcon would be approx. $1400 usd ?

Gerardo

Last edited:
image.jpg1_zpspmupua2f.jpg

It's official from deagostini...the ramp is fully automated by a remote drive..

woohooo

100 issues over 2 years. Bear in mind there are usually 2 x 5 week months per year. I'm expecting about $1400 AUD based on an issue price of around $14.95. Not price has been advised of as yet but could be as high as $19.95 per issue here in Australia.

If I understand correctly, they send 4 issues a month which totals 48 issues a year, does that mean you can complete the falcon in 2 years? what about new subscribers do you get all missed issues with parts all at once? so if my calculation are right total to complete falcon would be approx. $1400 usd ?

Gerardo

100 issues over 2 years. Bear in mind there are usually 2 x 5 week months per year. I'm expecting about $1400 AUD based on an issue price of around $14.95. Not price has been advised of as yet but could be as high as $19.95 per issue here in Australia.

That's very reasonable for such a nice replica, I already have the MR but might get this to paint myself, this is money in bank and will go for lots of $ when completed.

For the Money, I cant complain with the issues....the size and detail with the MF....still cant complain....once they get this to the US , you can start getting other issues from here in the US........Still cant complain......It looks to me as this is a WIN WIN Scenario !!!...Still cant complain....LOL

Towards the end of this video for those who have not seen it yet seems to be a photo of the countries that will be getting it and the distributors phone numbers.

So the countries that have not been confirmed yet see if you can see yourself on the list :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Quite a few people have been in contact with the Australian distributor already and they're not really saying much at all at the moment.

It's both exciting and frustrating to follow this thread. I live in Denmark so I had to get a UK address at Forward2me to get a subscription. To keep expenses down I compile several issues before shipping them together. So looking at the new parts here really bring brings out the little boy the night before Christmas in me.
This is the most exciting build in the longest time. The level of detail seems to be excellent, so the effort needed to take the model above and beyond awesome is really not that much.
I will however complain a little. Why don't they have Denmark on the distribution list. Hmm, come to think about it, I don't care. I'm getting it anyway [emoji4]

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back