Deagostini Falcon. Anyone seen this?

Oooooh the battery box should come in the next delivery of 4 issues then.... Should be some interesting updates in a few weeks ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I get the feeling that they are planning the releases kind of strategically, based on the remark my the "de agostini"-member about how the box will make the lights in the cockpit work (which should be a major "wooohooo"-landmark).

Here is an interesting question and answer about the lighting system from the deagostini forum...
And another article about base colour....
http://forum.buildmillenniumfalcon.com/forums/topic/falcon-base-colour/
Thanks, a question for anyone who has seen the original props both 32inch and 5 footer and this model, I know they mention pantoning the colour but can anyone confirm that this is the correct base colour. As an amatuer painter there is so many opinions on colour , I would prefer as someone else mentioned to have one colour as a base.
Thanks

I've seen the 5 footer in person. granted the lighting it totally different etc. but the DeAgostini looks a little "greenish" in the videos I've seen. The 5 footer was very light gray... I'll be able to tell better after my first set of parts arrive (getting them sent from the UK :) )

Jedi Dade

I've seen the 5 footer in person. granted the lighting it totally different etc. but the DeAgostini looks a little "greenish" in the videos I've seen. The 5 footer was very light gray... I'll be able to tell better after my first set of parts arrive (getting them sent from the UK :) )

Jedi Dade

Very True.
12105782125_b308bcf862_k.jpg

So, does anyone have a clue as to what the falcon's intended color is? the full scale looked grime on mos eisley and light gray on the death star...

I just wanted to chime in on the color discussion and give a couple of pointers based upon my experience as a professional photographer for over 15 years. First of all white or a variation of white is one of the hardest colors for a camera to get right. All cameras have built in white balance and it will interpret what it deems as white in the specific light conditions. Film was easy, because it was always set up for natural light or white light. Depending on the lights used to illuminate the model, each give off a different color temperature which casts a different hue when photographed. Better cameras will give you the ability to adjust the white balance for your lighting conditions based upon using a neutral grey card.

This is why when looking at different reference photos of the same white or off white model it looks different all the time. A flash is designated to emit white light, but the problem there is it usually blows out whites completely. So unless you have seen it in person and compared color swatches to the model (which I know some have done), photographed it in white light, or know the exact base color the ILM guys used, it's impossible to say. Here is an example:
Kq4r_JcexUk2IJj5z7X1tJ9_0v0MV2vHzP-OO9ejzhM.jpgDLMLHZeH1It9yX3YPJqkWiwE7D2Fxg3WkuWa6px6CY4.jpg
As you can see two totally different colors. The only difference from what I can tell is the second photo added a flash from the camera. The second would be a more accurate representation of the actual color because it used a flash adjusted for day light, however still not totally accurate because the secondary flood light casts a different hue to it. And to make matters even more confusing, we all know that after adding washes, weathering, airbrushing, etc... you will end up with a color different than the base color you started with also. Anyway, hope this helps.

Hello can somebody please photograph the backside of the packaging with the warning and distributor information

im interested in the information if there is a German distributor and his address

Hello can somebody please photograph the backside of the packaging with the warning and distributor information

im interested in the information if there is a German distributor and his address

sure..im on it for you....give me two shakes of a cat whisker to upload the pic to photobucket and then imbed it for you

- - - Updated - - -

14B5A57F-A1E2-49CC-9835-D642AC66C977_zpst57osgzi.jpg
[/IMG]

hth

There is no distributor information on the back. Just information and images of upcoming issues, the relevant logos, copyright information and the computer bar code.

Totally agree on the light discussion. Lighting is critical to comparing colors... Add in the camera variables and its near impossible without the comparison being done at the same time in the same light.

that being said MR had the real deal in hand and did that test to determine the colors. Steve said so in his interview and on the video... I have no reason to doubt the veracity of that. I also believe that those color selections were passed on to the artists that painted up the MR ships. granted every little detail is NOT correct on the MR, and the weather is overly heavy on some (or in some areas) and light on others. BUT the base colors should be pretty darn close.

All of the above is why I'm waiting to get the DeAgostini in my hands before confirming or denying that its right or not. As I said in the videos I've seen it looks too "greenish" which is a bit crazy since it shouldn't be greenish at all to my eye looking at my MR. I have to believe its the lighting and camera... as you've pointed out. I also believe that Steve wrote down those colors and gave them to DeAgostini as well... Why wouldn't he especially if he was planning on painting his own uber accurate copy of the falcon... so why it would be off (other than varations in weathering) is confusing.

All that being said I pretty darn sure I will be repainting my DeAgostini. From the little I've seen the variation in weathering too much for my taste. And while I do not consider myself to be a master painter as some of the other people around here clearly are... I do just fine, and can certainly equal a factory paintjob - without the weathering variations :). That's one of the reasons I like SW modeling. With how weathered everything is if you get a "little" sloppy with the weathering and paint it still looks the part :D. Not that I think the SW look is "easy" to replicate - far from it. Just its more forgiving then aztecking federation white (red, gold, blue, baby blue dark blue, duck egg blue, light medium dark gray)... OPHFFA... You gotta be perfect or it sticks out like a sore thumb on that stuff...

Jedi Dade

Hi Gents,
I was sat twiddling my thumbs between issues, I had decided to leave the second hull part until I get some needle files as there will be very little material left after the re-scribing and re-notching where the 2 hull panels meet.

So I bought some different thicknesses of plasticard, so had to have a play by attempting to correct the supplied passenger seats so they look more like the Martin Baker ejection seats. Took me a while as I'm a little rusty and my eyes are not as good as they used to be, been around 30 years since I did any serious model work.

But I was like a kid in a model shop ;)

So here goes, first I chiselled out the top edge of the seat, whilst drilling a hole in the centre.

1E3FE573-FF0C-4185-8DD9-729A6EE9D99D_zpsnzpulzhu.jpg

After reshaping the headrest to be more accurate and flattening the back a bit.

9A5C9D69-8A4E-4176-8993-7714F23CC302_zpsyxkckoje.jpg

Now here is where the fun begins, chopping up plasticard and old bits of sprue to rebuild the back, arms, seat pads and base of the seat.

1258FF29-4794-4F0F-9CC8-0DFA085D7441_zpsqecxnswd.jpg

FEA82C8F-8009-4A29-91F7-2C0FB1590598_zpsl4p9imov.jpg

Man I really need to cut my nails, but they act like tweezers just now :facepalm

C2B48D54-5533-4F43-8575-D09A7238ADAD_zps4bbmatc8.jpg

Compared to the supplied seats

C6354D53-76D9-47DE-9B6F-1D670683C79E_zpswjod1dx9.jpg

A0CB4C95-69DC-4868-B56D-B8313F9B9865_zpsds5sasgq.jpg

AB24EF8E-4134-4DC5-864A-38781627CD1B_zpspftcpdea.jpg

3F56C752-5B4F-45A8-8152-9ABA5ADF77AE_zpsbft5xamm.jpg

B10130E0-9963-43B4-9D6B-7EF92AE09CFF_zpsizuuroib.jpg

Not perfect but I'm quite happy with it :)

Gareth

Last edited:
Totally agree on the light discussion. Lighting is critical to comparing colors... Add in the camera variables and its near impossible without the comparison being done at the same time in the same light.

that being said MR had the real deal in hand and did that test to determine the colors. Steve said so in his interview and on the video... I have no reason to doubt the veracity of that. I also believe that those color selections were passed on to the artists that painted up the MR ships. granted every little detail is NOT correct on the MR, and the weather is overly heavy on some (or in some areas) and light on others. BUT the base colors should be pretty darn close.

Jedi Dade
that is why I raised the question, I am building the 5 footer and wondered was the 5 foot model the same base colour as the 32 inch model, were they the same or very different, I have never seen a shot of the 5 footer looking this warm in colour?
thanks

The other thing with those seats, Envisagedimage, is they recline slightly in the cockpit studio set as well.
I realise that they are not completely perfect, and maybe I should have said that I haven't set the recline angle. There is a reason for that, which is that the cockpit IMO is slightly too short and doesn't leave much room between the pilots seats and the passenger seats, or for that matter between the passenger seats and the back wall. I don't think they accounted for the extra 15in of the full scale ESB set. ;)

In a way I was lucky to receive 2 sets of seats with one of my issue 3's so if need be I can try again. :)

Overall though considering I have not really done any modelling for approx 30 years, I still think I did a reasonable job. Please don't think I'm offended I am here to learn too, and just want to show those that are not able to get their hands on this yet what they can expect.

Gareth

At least you're getting the publication because it's still going to be some time before I do, if at all. I don't know when Australia is getting them. I kinda figured the cockpit would be too small to have the seats recline anyway. I do like the way you've made them more accurate though and will definitely be following your lead.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back