Deagostini Falcon. Anyone seen this?

Confirmed today that the holes to the sides of the docking ring/ramp on the bottom hull pieces are for landing lights.
BTMF_024_13-plates-on.jpg

What does it mean that this is how the bench should be? What part of the bench are we talking about? Tony's bench on Shapeways looks more accurate to me

Sorry, I should have been more clear. I meant how the bench is separate. I missed that Tony already offered that and it being separate was news to me.

Kokkari and Necronaut,

I cut my floor out by firstly using a drill bit in a pin vice to drill out a neat line of 5 or 6 holes close together in a row, then used an xacto blade to cut between them to create a small slot. I then used the very small saw blades that xacto make (The ones that fit into the craft knife handles, same size as the small knife blades) to cut around the perimeter of the floor. Then you can run a standard xacto blade along the edges to clean it up. Take your time doing this and do it in small sections at a time. If you start to feel impatient or tired, set it down! I also used jewellers files on the edges to help smooth them.

I would recommend this method over any power tools as a momentary slip with them can potentially cause plenty of damage before you can react. in my opinion however, the plastic is just soft enough that it shouldn't shatter, but I haven't tested that! The only power tool I would consider would be using a dremel and staying a small amount away from the edge so you can finish it by hand.

With regards to the mounting point, if it is required to keep the interior stable when fitted, my plan is to make one myself out of either styrene rod or brass tube Depending on the final weight). This is really easy to do, so don't let that put you off the 3D print floors. Just now when I place my interior on top of the hull, the corridor on the side with the small electronic bay sits on top of the recessed greeblie bay on the underside, and supports it rather well.
Trimotor I just received my replacement floor and it seems pretty flimsy. Did you put anything under it to support it? I'm thinking maybe some ribs, but I'm afraid to screw with the interior mounting.

Just saw an advert on TV for this! Either it is getting really popular & they want to get it even further out into the 'market' or it is falling behind D's expectations.
Time will tell...

R/ Robert

I can't follow all the Deago threads but I have not seen this so far so I thought I would post it.

I figured out where the "living area" goes based on the hallway to the cockpit. There are two posts sticking up from the bottom of the hull that go into the two holes where the cockpit and other hallway meet. It's a bit different than I thought. While it is clear where the cockpit tube glues on there is nothing I can find that screws or glues into the floor of the living area yet.

Where the cockpit tube goes is the first pic.

I placed the model on the blueprint as exact as I could.

With top Gun Turret under:

Last%20Props%20019.jpg

Last%20Props%20015.jpg

Last%20Props%20012.jpg

Last%20Props%20013.jpg

Last%20Props%20018.jpg

Last%20Props%20016.jpg

Last%20Props%20017.jpg

Last%20Props%20015.jpg

Last%20Props%20013.jpg

Last%20Props%20018.jpg

Last%20Props%20014.jpg

Last%20Props%20020.jpg

With top Gun Turret on top:

Last%20Props%20025.jpg

Last%20Props%20024.jpg

Last%20Props%20022.jpg

Last%20Props%20026.jpg

Last%20Props%20023.jpg

Last%20Props%20021.jpg

You do realize that the hall tube will slide int the cockpit tube right!! That will change where the living area goes. Just trying to help

You do realize that the hall tube will slide int the cockpit tube right!! That will change where the living area goes. Just trying to help

???

The hall tube going into the living area and the cockpit tube are connected as they will be on the finished build.

It also matches where it is on the video.

I may be misunderstanding what you are saying???

- - - Updated - - -

BTMF_028_16-interior-assembled.jpg

The long straight hallway that leads to the cockpit will sit inside the cockpit tube and that will bring the living area closer to the center and more forward. There is no way that the designed it that you could see the living area via the gun window. Lol I hope I'm making sense.. Keep up the great job!!

The long straight hallway that leads to the cockpit will sit inside the cockpit tube and that will bring the living area closer to the center and more forward. There is no way that the designed it that you could see the living area via the gun window. Lol I hope I'm making sense.. Keep up the great job!!

Okay, I see what you mean and it's an excellent point but where I have the cockpit tube is exactly where it goes based on the two posts that go into the two holes perfectly.

It also matches the video but you bring up a great point. What will we see through the gunner turret???

Looking at the video below at 30 second mark I think I have the living area and hallways on the bottom hull in the correct spot and just put the Gunners Window to far forward when I set it on top.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=10&v=DXFA3gIP6pw

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah I just messed with it again and I have the turret, in the pics with it on top, way to far forward and not enough to the right.

- - - Updated - - -

There is just enough room where the gunner hallway will end to put a gunners chair under the window. I think:)

Once all the interior attachment and other how the top and bottom go together stuff is known it will be time to see if Tony, etal, might be interested in making an entire interior including the crew sleeping area and rear and forward cargo holds, engineering space, missile launchers and interior goodies like the hyperdrive, escape pods, etc.

So, how's the quality? How does it feel?

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just love this entire model and experience more and more. It has a great feel to it because it's built like I imagine the falcon would be with the different frame pieces and panels, etc.

Like the Falcon itself it's endlessly modifiable. It's just had a blast working on it, gives me a monthly present to myself and I am just getting started on it.

I am having a blast studying it, working on it, planning for it.

Deagostini rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
So would the rest of the interior like the engine compartment, beds etc will be included in the DeAgo Falcon? My guess is not...right?

Probably not... If you look at the back of the blueprint it shows you all that you'll get in the interior which is just the corridors and the cargo lounge. The way I see it is if they were going to do the entire interior with all the engine compartments and bunk beds, you would be able to lift the entire top section off, but I seriously doubt it seeing as you only get to remove small sections. If you want more interior, get the AMT/Ertl Cutaway Falcon (even thou it too isn't very accurate!)

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back