Darkside501st's Iron Man Mk VII pepakura files - Password in First Post

Re: Darkside501st's Iron Man Mk VII pepakura files

OMG, dude. You're Friggin Awesome.

You made this from just reference pics???

What modelling program do you use?

Thanks Syrus, I have been working from reference pictures... to my knowledge there is not an Iron Man Mark VII model available to the public. I have mostly been using the Kotobukiya Statuette along with some poster ads and screen grabs from the trailers.

I am using 3D Studio.

IronLeoMan is working on the unfold of the thigh. Hopefully it will be done soon. I sent him a message to check up on the progress. I just finished modeling the codpiece. Moving on the the abs.

What scale should I use for the Shoulders. Default?

EDIT: Also i'm a bit confused on the forearms as well with the two pieces.

Last edited:

What scale should I use for the Shoulders. Default?

EDIT: Also i'm a bit confused on the forearms as well with the two pieces.

You will have to determine the best scale for you by looking at the length, width, and height of the finished piece as estimated in the Pep Viewer program. I would use a different piece for reference. For example, look at the length and with of the Biceps (sorry the depth is distorted due to the extracted view). Once you figure out how big the biceps should be then you should apply that scale to the rest of the arm.

As for the upper and lower forearm... it works just like the mark II & III. The upper forearm attaches to the biceps as a 'hinge joint' and then the lower forearm fits over the upper forearm. Once you get a good length for the forearm by adjusting these two pieces you can attach them together. Although, since they are different colors you may want to finish them separately and then attach them after that.

Oh ok. I was confused because of the separate pieces of the forearm should I measure the entire length of my forearm and then divide that evenly between the upper and lower pieces?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Oh ok. I was confused because of the separate pieces of the forearm should I measure the entire length of my forearm and then divide that evenly between the upper and lower pieces?

I would use the same scale on the forearm pieces as you use on the biceps... be sure to print it out and assemble it before you print out all the other pieces cause sometimes you thing a certain scale will work for you but it is a little too small or too big. Once you have them finished, you will be able to adjust the length of the forearm a little by sliding the two pieces together or apart so that there is more or less of the lower forearm overlapping the upper forearm.

Oops... Double post. Ok I haven't heard from IronLeoMan on the unfold for the thigh so if somebody else wants to unfold it you can... otherwise I will give it another day or two and then I will unfold it myself.

On another note, ironmaided offered to help unfold so I gave him the cod piece to unfold. Here is a sneek peak:

Mk%20VII%20Cod%20Piece.png

Also, since it was an easy unfold I did the hip pod and uploaded that to the link in the first post.

Mk%20VII%20Hip%20Pod.png

Very very nice work Mike ! Youre realy talented in modeling thanks for making this for us !

Ok, So I ran into a problem with the biceps, Should the extend to the Bend of the elbow due to the "hinge" system? or should I stop it before the bend? Sorry for all the dumb questions.

Ok, So I ran into a problem with the biceps, Should the extend to the Bend of the elbow due to the "hinge" system? or should I stop it before the bend? Sorry for all the dumb questions.

If you have your arm at a 90 degree angle then it should extend to the bottom of your elbow. The center of the hinge should match the point at which your lower arm 'hinges' on your upper arm. This way you will have full range of motion... or as much as possible while wearing a hard suit of armor, lol.

Ok so let me ask this.. The best measurement for the biceps would be from the top of the shoulder to the bottom of the elbow bent at a 90 degree angle?
Lol sorry again

Ok so let me ask this.. The best measurement for the biceps would be from the top of the shoulder to the bottom of the elbow bent at a 90 degree angle?
Lol sorry again

I wouldn't go all the way to the top of your shoulder (where your collar bone ends). I would go about half way up your deltoid or half way in-between your underarm and the top of your shoulder.

Then after you pep it the inside will have to be trimmed down for your underarm. I made both sides the same so it would be one pep file and also it is better to make one mold and then trim the casts.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back