Darkside501st's Iron Man Mk VII pepakura files - Password in First Post

Re: Darkside501st's Iron Man Mk VII pepakura files

i have a question about how the mentioned "ab flex system" i was just wondering how this worked or if i could be pointed in the right direction of how to strap the said pieces? also the back of the top of the thigh seems to be bladed so wondered if anyone had any ideas about working that piece?

I tell ya Darkside, I wish I could give you something in return because these file are wonderful, and incredible how fast you got the ABS done, chest piece here we come. Just unfolded the ABS, but to bad I'm not a member for pepakura, so I can't save, wish I could so I could send you the foam trace pieces. I'll try to put up pictures when I'm done.

What is the scale? I measure 1.80 m. Do you use?

Ok, so that means your about 5' 9" so I would try a scale of 25 and see how that works... check out the finished measurements and compare them to measurements you take of your arms/legs before you print them out.

i have a question about how the mentioned "ab flex system" i was just wondering how this worked or if i could be pointed in the right direction of how to strap the said pieces? also the back of the top of the thigh seems to be bladed so wondered if anyone had any ideas about working that piece?

ab flex system explained below. There are several ideas for attaching the different armor pieces together. I have not made a real world suit yet so I wouldn't be the best person to give that advice. Stealth has a video tutorial up for attaching the foam armor. Look him up on youtube under 'The Hero Tutorials'. Also there are several good ideas in Robo3687's thread for the Mk IV/VI pep files.

Can you explain the "ab flex system"? Please and Thank you lol

The abs are made as a series of interlocking plates that will be able to slide over one another. So while each section is mostly hard and inflexible (if you do the real pep process), each section will slide over the section below it and the sum result will be some mobility. This is the same method that 'knights in shinning armor' used in medieval times. Also think of your spine... each bone is hard but they move and flex with each other so that you can bend over and touch your toes. You won't have that much mobility in the Iron Man suit though. lol

You can build this in many ways. Really it is up to the creativity of the individual making the armor. I have seen people use elastic straps, springs, cables, and belts (as in elastic that goes around the body but is attached to the parts. Of course you could glue it together into one rigid piece, make it out of foam, or make a rigid piece, make a mold and cast it in expandable foam (not sure what the stuff is really called). The idea is that it will move like this when done:

test.gif

This has been around for a while. Just so everyone knows I am not the one that thought this up. I am not sure who first thought to apply this armor making technique to Iron Man builds.

I tell ya Darkside, I wish I could give you something in return because these file are wonderful, and incredible how fast you got the ABS done, chest piece here we come. Just unfolded the ABS, but to bad I'm not a member for pepakura, so I can't save, wish I could so I could send you the foam trace pieces. I'll try to put up pictures when I'm done.

I have just uploaded the unfolded abs. Check the link in the first post. There are two files. The first file, 'Iron Man MKVII Abs by Darkside501st - file for assembled scale only' is used only to get the finished 'relaxed' scale of the abs. They can expand and contract as mentioned before. The second file, 'Iron Man MKVII Abs by Darkside501st - unfolded by IronLeoMan' is the one you want to use to print out the sections and assemble the pep. It is an exploded view of the abs. I did it this way to make scaling and unfolding easier.

If any of you would like to contribute or 'give something back' I can accept donations to my paypal account. Every little bit helps, it takes a lot of time and patience to make these models. I am sharing these files freely to anyone that wants to use them but if you want to help a fellow RPF member out for all the time it takes to make these files it is greatly appreciated. PM me if interested. Also, I will display your username on the first post as a contributor to the project.

The abs, mother of god !!

Please somebody create the foam templates for the abs, i believe is too much easy.
Great job, but this files...wow the most difficult of all.

Sorry my english is very poor =(

i made a foam template for myself but right now i am working on the chest unfold for the mk 7

The abs, mother of god !!

Please somebody create the foam templates for the abs, i believe is too much easy.
Great job, but this files...wow the most difficult of all.

Sorry my english is very poor =(

Are you saying they are too difficult to assemble or that they are too detailed for your liking? The way you made your statement sounds like you think it is a bad pep.

Ok everyone, I finished the Chest last night and IronLeoMan is unfolding it now. I will post as soon as it is ready. Here is a sneak peak:

Mk%20VII%20Chest.png

Chest finally!! Darkside you are my hero!

EDIT: Quick question. are you going to put the thrusters/rocket pods on the back? The rocket pods extend over is why im asking.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

really nice work! now, I don't know witch version of the armor to do! Mark 6 or 7...

Chest finally!! Darkside you are my hero!

EDIT: Quick question. are you going to put the thrusters/rocket pods on the back? The rocket pods extend over is why im asking.

Thanks.

Not sure exactly what you mean by the rocket pods extend over... I will be making movable rocket pod covers/flaps. I'm sure I can come up with some rocket pod design to put under the covers/flaps. But since there are no accurate reference pictures of this yet it won't be screen accurate until I see what it is supposed to look like.

really nice work! now, I don't know witch version of the armor to do! Mark 6 or 7...

Make the Mark VII... the Mark VII!!!

Thank you for explaining the ab system it's much appreciated as is all the other work you and IronLeoMan are doing here.. Thank you again and i can't wait to get started on this build

Thanks.

Not sure exactly what you mean by the rocket pods extend over... I will be making movable rocket pod covers/flaps. I'm sure I can come up with some rocket pod design to put under the covers/flaps. But since there are no accurate reference pictures of this yet it won't be screen accurate until I see what it is supposed to look like.

That was a horrible explanation on my part im sorry lol.:facepalm I mean these:
editiron-man-mark-7-vii_1112.jpg

Will that be an extra piece? or part of the back?

Abs:

It looks like they may have been unfolded too big. Has anyone assembled them yet? How do they fit?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back