Damaged VM02 Vader helmet......RESTORATION *WIP* Nearly finished pics on page 5...

Re: Damaged VM02 Vader helmet......RESTORATION *WIP*

Ha ha...... :lol

Yeah, alright maybe I worded that just a tad wrong..:lol

Thanks Al, I'll let you know when it gets here no rush mate just when is convenient for you. :thumbsup

Last edited:

Here's a link for the magnets mate , they are pretty powerful so make sure you keep em away from your nuts :lol

Ojika used these in 10 or 12mm diameter, basically rare earth extra strong babies ,he couldnt remember where he got them but i found this place that does them real cheap-
http://www.first4magnets.com/12mm-diameter-disc-magnets-82-c.asp

Get yourself a decent brush if your gonna handpaint it skunky and it still would be worth masking to make life easier , you can get the fineline tape on e bay by the way and its only a few quid for a roll:thumbsup

Al I just checked out you site and props....:thumbsup

And I thought I was a geek....:lol

Love it!

Thanks TF I'll check out the mags and the thin line masking tape :thumbsup

Oh and you can guarantee I'll keep my nuts tucked safely away....:lol

Cheers mate, but I hardly have anything anymore these days. Just a few select pieces. I don't own a single Star Wars prop anymore, for instance!

I still love props though, just more into making new things, trying to sculpt and create stuff. Not so fussed about actually having the things once I've finished them. I like the process of finding and making stuff much more then the owning.

Anyway, I'm rambling on...back to your Vader helmet!

Hi,
It's been a week or so and I couldn't hold off any longer and just had to get some gun metal on the face...... :eek
I don't know if I got the brush strokes right or not but that can be re done if not...

Here are the latest pix...... :thumbsup What do you think????? :cheers

VM02restorationGunMetal040-1.jpg

VM02restorationGunMetal038-1.jpg

VM02restorationGunMetal039-1.jpg

And the Gun Metal colour I decided to try????

VM02restorationGunMetal041.jpg

The brushed metal looks great mate - much better then the pristine sprayed grey look for an ANH helmet. :thumbsup

Looks really, really nice, this is going to be great when its finished, what a great job youve done in restoring it to better than its former glory!

Looking good sskunky, interesting colour choice for the grey, I might have to give it a go. I used Halfords Rover gunmetal on my GH and never felt completely happy with it, a couple of shades too light for my taste. Seeing as I accidentally dinged the paint job recently I may have to give the Mercury a shot when repainting it.

Thanks chaps! :)
I'm really pleased with how it looks. I like the roughness of the Gun Metal. It's looks like an after thought as it was on the original?

I have assembled it temporarily just to see what it looks like????

OUTSIDE

VM02restorationAlmostfinished040.jpg

VM02restorationAlmostfinished039.jpg

VM02restorationAlmostfinished038.jpg

INSIDE

VM02restorationAlmostfinished041.jpg

VM02restorationAlmostfinished043.jpg

VM02restorationAlmostfinished042.jpg

Hey... welcome back VMv2! .)

Is it fixed in place? 'Cause, you need to tilt the dome further back in the rear.

No the dome isn't fixed , I just put some padding inside the dome and a bit of Velcro on the forehead. I just wanted to see if it was looking OK? Both parts are separate and clean now until the paint cures properly.......

Re: Damaged VM02 Vader helmet......RESTORATION *WIP* Nearly finished pics on page 5..

Painted the Nose and corrected the nose tip end of the left cheek(as wearing it)

VM02restorationAlmostfinished0381.jpg

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back