Custom blaster WIP - R1 inspired

OdiWan72

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey all :)

as some of you know, I am currently working on two custom blasters...maybe functioning as future accessory of my generic R1 rebel trooper outfit. I want the first to be an advanced version of the well nown DH17 blaster line, but am unsure about which way to go.

shall I attach the muzzle directly to the gun body OR do you guys like the slightly longer version better? The currently plain section could be greeblied out, a tactical like attached etc.

what are you thoughts!?
thx in advance

Last edited:
Re: Need your input for custom blaster

Looks really cool! Looking forward to seeing the finished product! I like the idea of a unique folding stock for it. Any plans on a unique way to attach the scope?

Looks really cool! Looking forward to seeing the finished product! I like the idea of a unique folding stock for it. Any plans on a unique way to attach the scope?

Thanks, but what about the barrel configuration...longer or not?

Definitely wouldn't go longer. I feel like it'll look too much like a full rifle rather than the rifle carbine that the DH-17 and E-11 are. Unless, you want it to look more like a full long rifle. Right now, the length reminds me of Finn's blaster from TFA, if it were stripped down of its casing.

Yeah, I like the look of the barrel in the first photo.

Or lose the spacer altogether and attach the nozzle directly to the Sterling style heat shroud/receiver.

Yeah, I like the look of the barrel in the first photo.

Or lose the spacer altogether and attach the nozzle directly to the Sterling style heat shroud/receiver.

that's what I did in the first picture ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Shorter, way shorter. Delete the stepped down part.

Not an option, since it would too much like a DH17 then...want it to be more different

Then beef that part noticeable up to be different, now it looks ...... stretched. maybe something like a rotj saber grip, with rings, just a little bit shorter.

If it's intended as a tacticool AR/SMG, keep the shorter barrel and drop elongated mounts off of the short smooth section for additions. Gaps between barrels and other stuff are super scifi!

(NB: This wasn't intended as sarcastically as it may come across)

I like the first one the best. I agree that if you're not set on that you might shorten it more because the longer it is, the more it looks like a rifle grenade or something. Just slide it back to that first step past the muzzle.

I vote #1 as well, it looks a bit long still, but the smaller diameter area could be a good forward grip!

Thanks gentlemen...I went with setup #1. Would have been my own choice as well, but needed some guidance ;)
Think I found a way to keep the slightly longer look I wanted and blending the receiver and muzzle section together.

will post some more pictures within my collection thread.

I think with some greeblies on there, #1 will look great at the length it is. Can't wait to see what you come up with!

This is fabulous!

I'm agreeing with shorter, but shorter even than picture #1. Maybe cut some of the Sterlingesque holed barrel? Or can the stepped-down section be machined down enough to fit INSIDE the holed barrel?
In any event, I'd lose the sight; doesn't make sense halfway down.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back