Constantine: Lighter Project *UPDATE 04-09-2009 - Pics of brass parts are up*

Here is the design I did. I know it is not exact, but I am going to have it done on a regular size zippo for my Best man at my wedding as his gift. He really likes the lighter in the movie and isn't big into props so he doesnt care that it's smaller and a little off in the designs. he doesnt want to wait for an exact one lol.
Constantinelighter.jpg

Originally posted by LeMarchand@Aug 13 2005, 10:49 AM
Don't know what your budget is for the lighter for your friend, but there is a zippo available in japan. It is not a 1:1 scale replica of the movie lighter, but a zippo sized one. I think they go for 8500 Yen, which is 80-85 bucks.

https://shopping.biglobe.ne.jp/shopping/wor...04/0203/1704114

cheers,

Marc
[snapback]1056719[/snapback]​

Wowser - one I could use and beat up: Not to hijack the thread or anything but does anyone know if this is being imported anywhere or if we can pick it up online?

I had a friend in Japan contact them, since i wanted the trinity necklace. They are a bit difficult to buy from, only COD or something. As far as i know they don't deliver outside Japan. I could ask a friend who uses a japan-usa brokering service.
Unfortunately for me the trinity necklaces are sold out.

Marc

*sorry to hijack but...
what about *Tim buy a breass lighter and print your graphics*make black and clear* and then print them out on decal paper. apply the decals of the engravings onto the lighter and coat it with a heat resistant clear coat.
*put gun away and sits down quietly
Scott

actually that sounds good too, but there is an engraving company here in my town that said i just habe to bring them a design on disk and they will engrave it on a zippo for me. so im gonna try that first

Oh and i tried converting the site to english, but it isn't in japanese it's like wing dings or something.

Just a little bump to make sure this doesnt fall off the radar.

- I love how similar in style this lighter was to the old 1930's zippos with the outer hinge.

Can someone look into brokering that lighter?? OR is there someone that can get a regular zippo engraved/etched for not too much money?

Hey, the japanese zippo has the engraving reversed, i.e. negative for positive. Otherwise it is hella cool .

Marc, keep on with that project .

Michael

Small update:

Heard back from the engraver. He is hesitant to do the engraving of the lighter as it is 3D, so i will have to find someone else, nor worries, someone will be able to do this. He WILL however be able to do the benedict medal. I am waiting to hear how much he will charge me for either one or 50. If the 50 option is affordable, i will do it that way (they will be brass, which will be matt gold plated) If too expensive, i wil cold cast them in bronze gold.

Looked for the screws today in my town and visited some hardware stores. You won't believe how unwilling these cun...i mean unpleasent people are when it some to helping one to find what he needs. So i will surf my trusted friend the we and look there.

Cheers,

Marc

I haven't seen the movie yet, but it's such a cool looking lighter, I may be in if the price is right. Great work so far Marc.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back