Constantine: Lighter Project *UPDATE 04-09-2009 - Pics of brass parts are up*

ooh, thats a tough decision. but if it were me, id say just use the one from the featurette because you know 100% whats going on there. where as your not exactly sure about the one on film (*or do you?)
good work so far Marc.
Scott

Thinking about it, it occured to me that they might have sunk the hingebase into the body, resulting in less distance between lid and body when the lighter is fully opened, after checking some caps i think that is what they did.

cheers,

Marc

YEAH BABY!!!!

the hinge company send me an email. Usually they sell the hinges in bulk of 5000, but they are willing to sell me 100 at a fair price. My search for suitable hinges is over. You won't believe how happy i am right now :D :D :D

the hinges measure 0.19" x 0.58" , which is exactly the right size,

Marc

Last edited:
Very nice progress, Marc. :)

I love watching a difficult replica come together... And you certainly appear to go for the more challenging ones. ;)

- Gabe

l2_1.jpg

-Mike

There's a piece on the insert that reaches across into the lid - I've no idea what it's actuall called.

In the stills it reaches all the way over - it looks longer than the one on the insert on your mockup. Is it a different style insert or did they replace that part?

Good work so far.

I'm quite impresses by how close the shape of the styrene lighter looks.

David

Originally posted by dkwd@Aug 11 2005, 10:01 PM
There's a piece on the insert that reaches across into the lid - I've no idea what it's actuall called.

In the stills it reaches all the way over - it looks longer than the one on the insert on your mockup.  Is it a different style insert or did they replace that part?

Good work so far.

I'm quite impresses by how close the shape of the styrene lighter looks.

David
[snapback]1055667[/snapback]​

Yes, they either made the existing zippo lever longer (looks like it in some screenshots) or made a new, longer one.

For good looks, i will replace the original zippo levers with new machined ones

Marc

Wow, this project is looking FANTASTIC.

And I'm pretty certain it will be well out of my price range. :(

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back