Come in No 2, your time is up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheers everyone, I'm putting some serious hours into this so it helps to know its appreciated..... Gunna do the belly tomorrow then build the new canopy, Really should've done this before \i painted it as matching may be a bit tuff but i have faith :)

Once I get some part from Mike I can do the canons and its wrap ........ Back to Slave and start the new PD o'clock. I'm gunna be selling some models soon to pay the bills so keep an eye out.

Got to admit your paint work is perhaps the most ILM accurate I've ever seen anywhere period. Amazingly high levels of detail on every build without exception. Bravo.

That speeder is looking great! I especially like the onions or potatoes in the background! You are doing a remarkable job on this.

Onions! (that's what you do to your eyes and your brain, looking at too many screen caps:D) That paint job is killer! Keep up the great work,

Thanks Duncastor, (sorry don't know your name)?

Just finished cutting out the upgraded cockpit lid so not far from done soon, its very important to have root vegetables near a snow speeder build. My chosen veg is Onion so very well Id'd on that one :)

- - - Updated - - -

Theres a prize for anyone that can guess what the purple background is? I'm a man of my word and send out prizes from time to time, I may even do another spot the difference soon!!!!

Another master class in painting from you Guy. Really lovely, subtle work as usual....I think you missed a vocation

Nick

Really appreciate that fellas, I do try and do my best with these flipping models LOL, the reason I would scrap it is not cos I think its no good or aren't happy with it its tone thing, I got the tone of the 4 primary colours a bit wrong and everything pins on them so its frustrating that I know I could di it better but its still pretty good and looks rather nice so far.... Its the painting that I love, I just wrapped up the base coat and started matching the ageing for the cockpit lid but got side tracked by the armature pipe as that was so cool to paint and try n look like old metal..Thats what I love about this hobby, oh and the girls!!!!
Please ignore the face that was testing brushes and pencils etc...it will look like Michael Anthony from Van Halen pretty soon, thats who flew it right?

Slowly getting there, having a break then gunna wrap up the under hull and cockpit chipping...touch ups, pilots and canons and its done. I am going masking blind !!!!

Quick phone shot, 2 hrs into the belly weathering and like nearly all my paint jobs I much prefer it to the top hull, It always happen to me like this!!!!

Lots still to do

Last edited:
This is coming out great. Maybe start painting the bottom first next time and you will like the top better.

Guy, you know how I feel about the job you are going on this replica. Just want to reiterate, that is great. Keep it up.
Helio

Thanks Chaps, I'll try n get it wrapped up so I can get back to Slave asap, its been ace painting again, I wish I could do it more, I'm open to commissions at the moment for painting as am out of work and have plenty of time and energy for it. If anyone wants something ILM'n then give me a shout I'm open to all suggestions :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back