Come in No 2, your time is up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL thanks Lee. Mike....if only you new though...I just spent the last hour redoing the ZZ the correct way round on one side of the lid, not so bright eh!!!! ye know I did the same thing on my MR paint...wrong way round on that one to.... Must pay more attention in class.

Its just got a hole lot nicer as well as I wrapped up the chipping on the lid...gutted about the redo though...wasting time...

Looks wonderful mate, really top job, its such a fun one to paint from top to bottom, even the fiddly red bits. Itll darken down some, its funny this Tamiya paint, mines a pretty spot on match to the pic in the Cotta/Vaz Archives publication now. Love this model, great one to own!

lee

Cheers Lee, I'll bring her over next time I come, hoping to get the Canon bits from Mike asap so I can wrap her up....... Starting the bucks for the B-wing next week with any look. Did you hear back from Simon re April ?

Heard back, it was March lol ??? Not sure what happened there mate, next up is November, but that'll give me time too as I'm taking a break from the models mate for the time being, gonna race some model cars for a while instead, need a time out lol.

lee

Long as i get my documents back in due time mate sure, just off building at the mo, but that happens, i dont have the attention span of late lol!

lee

Was just about to say wrapped up the belly but just spotted a few red bits that are missing and on the wrong side....Doh!! hey ho...could be worse...Pretty much done this section now though

Seriously Guy, have you considered trying to contact anyone in the industry? I know is mostly 3D modelling and CAD these days but professional finishing to the level you are currently achieving is still in demand on the printed models. Outstanding work!!! I suspect your finished Slave,when it comes, will be remarkable accurate.

Your too kind, I wish I did have more opportunity to paint stuff though, I do love it and hate it lol, Everything thing I've learned over the past few years will go into the slave, once I[ve seen her this year I will paint the old build as a test, then I'm making it into a table lamp stand, seriously....

Its hard to paint this stuff, and my paint work don't photograph well as I mist a lot and fanny about with colours but too the eye is what counts and each day I'm thinking it does look pretty good so far, I have to tell myself I've only painted one other speeder, you can only get better the more you do right. Lee's speeder is so bloody good that I had to at least try my best as the kit deserves the effort, Nick's work and Mikes casting are both worthy of only the best you can do.

I've been looking at other speeder paint ups today to judge my own and I decided I'm on the right path, I wish you could see it in the flesh..I've really tried to hold back on this one and the lesson I learned from doing the upper and lower hull is huge.... Less is more when it comes to the base colour but its harder to make a less dramatic colour look vintage so its a fine line......

For the first time I went for a lighter base coat than I wanted as Lee mentioned the Tamiya paint darkens over a few weeks, I also think the speeder was painted with a black primer then grey coat before the final base colour and mine has a grey primer and black undercoat. I wish I'd done that now. Its all a learning curve and one I love

I can't paint faces, I just can't paint faces lol

As a note, the blast marks on the lower hull I did with Medium grey thinned with tamiya thinner that was mixed with flat black, its the happiest I've ever been with a blast mark so far.

The base coat is a mix of 60% flat white, 40% XF80 navy grey.

For the first time ever I've not used deck tan, old habits die hard and I will have to use it before I Finnish or the world will end!!!

Last edited:
Well, its done.....aside from a few Helmet issues its a wrap.....Never got a card for the new camera so will update pics tomorrow if I get a chance. I have to say though its my fav build at the moment and no longer do I have to only see a real snow speeder when I go to Lee's, I got my own know ...woo hoo. I used to like the MR speeder but it did bug me a little being so small

Big thanks to Nick and Mike for a great kit and the love it deserved (NEXT)

Would love to get the shot of Lee's and Phil's and mine all together lets do it chaps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back