Captain Power and the soldiers of the future

bump for thread awesomeness. Someone needs to get a clear blue Power-On badge made...and I particularly love the design of the BioDread troop helmets

Last edited:
Found this thread and thought I'd post (if you don't know already) that the official DVD's are set to be released in 2012... They have an official Facebook page, just go and look up Captain Power and the Soldiers of the Future.... Lots of exciting and new info! Perhaps a continuation or remake of the show! Can you imagine?? WOO HOO!

-Johnny C

I think Captain Power is about to make a comeback. I was supposed to stop watching that Collection show. But I noticed a Captain Power toy in that guy's Battlestar Galactica collection. I did some searches and a new show is supposed to be in the works.

I also found a Captain Power Lives site. A soundtrack is about to come out. Also, someone is auctioning Captain Power badges molded from a production piece. It looks kind of rough. Anyone here pick one up?

Wow. This takes me back!

A friend of mine directed a couple episodes. He's not too keen on me mentioning that I was a kid watching them. :lol

The show is getting a reboot. The story was on the Captain Power facebook and Ain't it Cool News yesterday.

Anyone pick up that badge prop? I took a good screen cap from the new promo video. It is different than what is up for auction. Maybe there were a few different molds. It would be cool to have an actual light up Captain Power badge prop.

Last edited:
I made some Power Badges for a DVD signing in Burbank last October.

power-badge_zps15fdbaf6.jpg

Yeah I find the news of a Reboot surprising. And to think I found it out doing research because I think for my first foray into costume making (total newbie, and have been lurking these forums since January now, and just hoping I won't screw up too bad) I am strongly considering making a biomech/Dread Trooper costume. Interesting timing. I suppose by the time I've actually made any significant progress on the costume it will already be outdated by new designs. ^_^ Right now just plotting out the details of what needs to be done exactly and trying to dig up reference pix.

Anyway, just thought I'd chime in, because this was an awesome series.

Last edited:
Myself, I tried with the designing of the GA heavy armor for my build but It wasn't looking so hot so I decided to scrap it and instead start learning how to pepfile the armor. I[ve never done it and I am still looking for someone with experience that may want to step up to the chalenge of making the basic files for the Tank armor. I still haven[t found no one so I'll download tutorials and programs to learn myself and do it.

I still have a week until i get back to work after my broken ankle accident so i guess this is the time to learn...

I loved the show when I was growing up. I like Sauron, Blastar and Lord Dredd . Could you post more pics of Dred's Costume? I'd like to see if I can actually draw him.

I jsut finished watching the show and the documentary with the DVD's.

I would like to know what happened to the suits. In the Documentary they say there were 4-5 suits per actor, 1 Hero, the others Stunts.

Yeah this is something I have searched for as a screenused collector for years...nothing has come up and I can't believe they were all thrown in trash.

CMANavy,Is there any chance that you could post some screencaps Of Lord Dread? Like Full body shots. I'd like to see if I can draw him.

Hey Ron! (Prop Medjai)

your inbox is full buddy! clear some space (lol)

I'm sending you the last of the cash for the powerbadge tonight buddy. Still nothing on Miami but hopefully this week it'll get there.
cheers!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back