Captain Power and the soldiers of the future

Cool stuff guys!

Hey Juno_ can you post pics of the badge?? and... i have to ask this: could you make more and perhaps sell me one?? LOL

I HAD to ask!

I'm looking to use stuff like this for reference pics on my Tank armor:

All available sizes | promo capt.tank2a.jpg | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Hi Dargas,
So you like tank. It was the less painful of the costumes and did not need that much servicing through the show. The arms were made using 1/4" styrene sheet as were the front and back of the legs. But the inside and outside of the legs were vacuum formed using one mold for both. The helmet was a motor cycle helmet stripped down and then 1/4" styrene added. His chest plate was a pull from the "Masters of the Universe" armor we did and then built up and re-vacuum formed to the shape you see. The back was from the same "Master of the" molds and them modified to what you see. I will see if I can find the time to scan in more negitives of the armor.

HMS Mike

Great show, loved it when I was a kid. I stumbled upon my action figures from it a few weeks ago too. Never got one of the nifty planes though.

Those shots are great!

I seem to recall starting a thread a few years back asking about the weapons.

I'd REALLY love to see some detail shots of the guns and smaller props!!

Have any more photos?

WOW!!!Never thought I'll find a thread like this here. I had almost all of the figurines and vehicles and playset...Too bad I traded them off a long time ago...those were really cool figures but I've never actually saw the show on TV...only on youtube in recent times. Thanks for sharing...

Mike:

These are great. I love seeing the raw costumes before the paint job obscures the construction details. It would be great to see any more that you have.

Were the other costumes made with vacuformed parts? Did you typically use the 1/4" styrene? Any flexible foam?

Thanks for sharing!

I only discovered to show and toys when they were on vhs as it wasn't on in my area. I jsut bought the first 2 (and maybe only issues) of the comic book. The show really was ahead of its time. I'd love to get the dvds.

Last edited:
I only discovered to show and toys when they were on vhs as it wasn't on in my area. I jsut bought the first 2 (and maybe only issues) of the comic book. The show really was ahead of its time. I'd love to get the dvds.

i was talking with someone about the series still being able to interact with the toys.

Mike... if I had known you worked in Captain Power sooner!

I'm stoked to know I'm actually talking to one of the producers of the suits of the show! this is awesome!

Mike you have NO IDEA how much I appreciate these pics! these are perfect!

do you have any other of the backpack? perhaps from the left side of it?

and well... do you mind me making a replica of this suit? I'm not Sven Sized but I'm not a thin guy either... I think I can make a good job filling the armor myself hahaha.

would there be a problem if I make it?

and here I leave you guys with a couple of the phoenix logos I did for Randy at Captain Power.com

never knew if he used them because I[m not allowed to go there by websense as it detects some viral warnings but I figure they're cool enough to be freeware.

share the power people!

Phoenix-logo-bright | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

POWER ON!

-"gimme a minute will ye?"

-"Ok.... ONE minute..... that's it!"

Scout Baker and Tank Ellis - "The Ferryman"

I have the dvds and the XT-7, Phantom Striker and Interlocker and I play the dvds on a 50+ inches plasma TV and I can blast away!!!

they work perfectly!

Still looking for several of the toys I didn't get as a kid: the Energizer, the walker, the power base, the 4 paneled modular field base and the tritor and Scout Baker figures.

I also need spares of the core figures because the ones I have where left in a very hot environment and most the weapons break with so much as a sneeze over them.

soaron's wings broke at the central union, tank's gun handle broke in 3 parts as did hawk's wind holding pin and gun and etc. etc... i was able to glue them all together again and the figures are still shiny as new... but I want new weapons for them.

P.D.
sorry for the double post.

Mike... if I had known you worked in Captain Power sooner!

I'm stoked to know I'm actually talking to one of the producers of the suits of the show! this is awesome!

Mike you have NO IDEA how much I appreciate these pics! these are perfect!

do you have any other of the backpack? perhaps from the left side of it?

and well... do you mind me making a replica of this suit? I'm not Sven Sized but I'm not a thin guy either... I think I can make a good job filling the armor myself hahaha.

would there be a problem if I make it?

and here I leave you guys with a couple of the phoenix logos I did for Randy at Captain Power.com

never knew if he used them because I[m not allowed to go there by websense as it detects some viral warnings but I figure they're cool enough to be freeware.

share the power people!

Phoenix-logo-bright | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

POWER ON!

-"gimme a minute will ye?"

-"Ok.... ONE minute..... that's it!"

Scout Baker and Tank Ellis - "The Ferryman"

Hi Dargas,
Make it. Have fun.
I still have my crew jacket and crew ID some were as well as a set of the patches. I also have two of the hawk face masks 1 in rubber and the other is a chromed vacuum formed hero. I think I have a few of the chest emblems some were as well. I also have some of the blue prints of the suits.
As I find stuff I will post it.

HMS Mike

I loved this show, and would love to see if someone could make one of the costumes.

I was really surprised that the bodysuits seemed to be lycra/spandex and shiny. Granted I am just looking at it through the lens of childhood, but it was surprising to me.

I loved the show when I was a kid, and can't wait to see any more pics posted up.

Thanks for sharing!!!
Chris

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back