Captain Jack Harkness WIP

Been needing an excuse to get a costco membership...I dont know If I'll shell out extra $$ to buy a shirt with french cuffs being I have 2 shirts with no stripes already

Btw Daze, did you ever get a picture out and about in this costume? I'd love to see how the shirt looks in sunlight.

The difference is the cuffs. Barrowman's has French cuffs.

Speaking of those cuffs, are there any shots where we can actually see them? iTailor offers 3 options for the style and I want to get the right one. I just bought the Wolverine boots from Miracle Day and Costco is currently selling a dead on pair of pants. I have a lead on one of his belt buckles and have tracked down some pretty accurate braces, so basically all I need to do is get off my butt and finish my prototype VM strap and shell out about $120 for the rest of the costume. (no coat)

Yeh I'll have to disagree with you as far as french cuffs...maybe on SOME of his shirts but the shirt WITH flaps on the pockets, epaulettes, IS a issue shirt with normal cuffs. White buttons on the cuffs shoulders and down the front...same material even poly cotton blend. Just watched Ep 5 season 1 of Torchwood...that episode he has long sleeves on not rolled up and no cufflinks. Was watching a few episodes to look at the watch on his right wrist a little better...and noticed the shirt. Its a normal shirt the RAF would wear when in dress blues...slightly different then the USAF as the flaps on the pocket of the chest arent square taper or whatever you call that...But same material same cut...a USAF version is close enough for me really. But Ebay uk has em

Watch some of the real show. Miracle Day was a complete retooling and the costume was awful.

EDIT: To clarify, the holster and VM in Miracle Day were terrible work. The holster was an attempt to make a classic style flap holster that could hold a semi-auto. Not very good either, because I've done a custom like that before and it didn't turn out looking anywhere near that much like a map case. The VM was just a failing to reproduce the original, which isn't surprising because the thing is complex. The pants were too dark, the red suspenders were not a good choice IMO and the coat was just a stupid decision.

Anyway, it's definitely not a USAF or RAF shirt. It shares characteristics with each, but it's neither. (at least in the original series. It'll be a while before I watch Miracle Day again.) Maybe they did use one or the other for Miracle Day, and if so that's cool for people that want to use it. I personally don't want to.

Last edited:
Watch some of the real show. Miracle Day was a complete retooling and the costume was awful.

EDIT: To clarify, the holster and VM in Miracle Day were terrible work. The holster was an attempt to make a classic style flap holster that could hold a semi-auto. Not very good either, because I've done a custom like that before and it didn't turn out looking anywhere near that much like a map case. The VM was just a failing to reproduce the original, which isn't surprising because the thing is complex. The pants were too dark, the red suspenders were not a good choice IMO and the coat was just a stupid decision.

Anyway, it's definitely not a USAF or RAF shirt. It shares characteristics with each, but it's neither. (at least in the original series. It'll be a while before I watch Miracle Day again.) Maybe they did use one or the other for Miracle Day, and if so that's cool for people that want to use it. I personally don't want to.

Risu,

If you re-read Fett's post you will see he referenced Season 1 Episode 5 (he wrote it as Episode 5 Season 1), which is "Small Worlds." I don't see anywhere in his post a reference to Miracle Day. And his description of the shirt is accurate...very similar to the USAF shirt...the only noticeable difference being the pocket flaps.

Yep...like bootlegger said...I did talk about ep5 of season 1...Torchwood. The shirt is a RAF Blues long sleeve. The main difference between my shirts and the RAF shirt is the flaps on the pockets...and the manufacturer of course. Im not debating what he wore in miracle day...just saying a RAF shirt would work for a Jack Shirt is all...and FWIW the shirt in the pics without his jacket on have NO flaps. You can see that they are open top. Going to start my own thread this coming week I think. Thanks for all the information so far, learning alot...might be tackling a VM here this week as well.

I'll get to that episode next week probably. Jack wears multiple light blue shirts, but I've definitely seen french cuffs on the military style one at some point.

Hi, I know this thread is old and I don't know if you read it anymore, but I just found it and think that itailor is a great source for the shirt. I was just wondering if you could tell me what shade of blue you used in the itailor photo, since I can't seem to find a blue on their site that matches what you posted exactly. The closest I could find was Light Steel Blue. Is that what you used? Did you pleat the back? If I order one, I'll probably have them put darts in the back, since Jack's shirts all seem to be fitted. However, I don't know whether his shirts also have the pleat or not.

Hi. I'm a new cosplayer, and looking for some serious cosplays to take on. Jack seems like a good cosplay, and hence why I'm here.
I'm been intrigued by Series 1, and liked how Jack looked after WW2. Mostly the Leather vest, jeans, shirt, boots getup. I've been doing research, and found good boots. White shirt. Only problem is the Leather vest. Can anyone help me out? Thanks to who can. Btw, nice research and costume :D

Does anyone know where I can find the waistcoat he wore in "Meat"? I've been looking for it for months and I haven't been able to find it.
TW-S02E04-J0020-Jack.jpg

The difference is the cuffs. Barrowman's has French cuffs.

Speaking of those cuffs, are there any shots where we can actually see them? iTailor offers 3 options for the style and I want to get the right one. I just bought the Wolverine boots from Miracle Day and Costco is currently selling a dead on pair of pants. I have a lead on one of his belt buckles and have tracked down some pretty accurate braces, so basically all I need to do is get off my butt and finish my prototype VM strap and shell out about $120 for the rest of the costume. (no coat)
Here you go~!
47d97586017799397df313f9e30895ae--newport-actor-john.jpg1462bb9df1f9aebb68ff2026975e8e83--jack-harkness-john-barrowman.jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back