Captain Jack Harkness WIP

Thanks for the info on the buttons, rontec! Sent Roger an email today.

For the record, I will not be selling straps. If the supplier I located decides to do a run, I'll post a link.

In other news, my Cat boots arrived last week and I'm loving 'em. Might even order another pair for daily wear. Vortex faceplate and buttons arrived today (yippee!) and so did the custom dress shirt from iTailor.com! I'll post pics and a review of it after I get home from work tonight. Now if only my cufflinks would hurry up and get here! ;-)

Taking the dress shirt to have it pressed in the morning before posting pics, but this thing is perfect! Really pleased with the quality, color, and cut.

Taking the dress shirt to have it pressed in the morning before posting pics, but this thing is perfect! Really pleased with the quality, color, and cut.

What did you end up paying for the shirt, if you don't mind my asking?

From what I've read, I'm under the impression that all of Barrowman's clothes on the show were custom made for him, so I might also go the iTaylor route for that light blue shirt.

Can't wait to see the pics, Daze!

The shirt is only $40 shipped! That's one reason I was so surprised... I'd been keeping my fingers crossed that it wouldn't wind up being cheaply made. Couldn't be happier with it.

Quickie mockup of the vortex parts from Shapeways along with the Samsung button. Laid over a credit card to give an idea of size:

B2EF0C60-4658-44C1-BD60-91180CA66393-5824-000005472C014F09.jpg

And yes, I'll be replacing that snip of gold painted foam with proper [strike]copper[/strike] brass mesh ;-)

Last edited:
That shirt looks like a great deal. The vortex parts look good, too. Just a heads up though, the mesh is brass, not copper.

Coat dropped off today to have the sleeves shortened, buttons replaced/repositioned, and rank braid replaced. Will post pics of the full get up next week as soon as it's back in hand.

Since the accurate "Luke" boot is no longer available, this is the closest match... and it looks a helluva lot like the boot that Barrowman wears in "Torchwood: Miracle Day". Order being placed tomorrow.

The boots he wears in Miracle Day are:
Wolverine Men's Saturn 6 Inch Boot, Style: W02057

Wolverine2.jpg

Wolverine1.jpg

The difference is the cuffs. Barrowman's has French cuffs.

Speaking of those cuffs, are there any shots where we can actually see them? iTailor offers 3 options for the style and I want to get the right one. I just bought the Wolverine boots from Miracle Day and Costco is currently selling a dead on pair of pants. I have a lead on one of his belt buckles and have tracked down some pretty accurate braces, so basically all I need to do is get off my butt and finish my prototype VM strap and shell out about $120 for the rest of the costume. (no coat)

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back