C3PO build

I am planning on a chrome gold finish

Finally some progress! :)
Im waiting since a week.

Most of the people often say they can´t wait to see something finished.
But for me this is a progress, where I really cant waiting to see this thing
finished.

Do you just chrome it gold or do you wheatering it, too?

They offer legs, too?
And everything vacuformed?
Didn't know ...

What about the Quality? You hear too much different stories about GA.
Are you satisfied?

Last edited:
I to have always wanted to build one of these, and yes it would only be for display as "3" 3PO's could fit in my armor lol

Because the styrene is very thin and so he gives the prop more strengh and stability
That's what I assumed - thanks for the input. How easy is it to add-in the fiberglass? Is it easier to add it in and leave it or use the styrene as a "mold" and pull out the fiberglass afterwards?

Ok...big update...

I just purchased a 2nd C3PO kit from K409 kit.....ran across a member who was selling his kit so I decided to pick it up

I must say the amount of work that is required on the TK409 kit is minimal....

I will still complete the GA kit.....will probably go with a weathered version .....the TK will be vac metal shiny

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited:
Looking good....so does the other range of toys in the background.
Turn the GA kit into a dismantled bag for your parts for your Chewie.
Looking forward to WIP

I curious if you getting the suit Vac Metalized or if your going to 'chrome' it yourself. I want some direction as Im going to need to finish mine up soon. The Gold seems to be the toughest part to nail down. That TK looks Saweet!

Vac metal is the plan....I have thought about going with cosmichrome but I think I have decided on vac metal

I curious if you getting the suit Vac Metalized or if your going to 'chrome' it yourself. I want some direction as Im going to need to finish mine up soon. The Gold seems to be the toughest part to nail down. That TK looks Saweet!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back