Blaster builds, Boba Fett finished, Leia, Greedo, Jabba, DH-17, Kylo Ren

Re: Greedo Blaster, Jabba's Palace Blaster, SE-14R, DDC Defender, Biker Scout & DH-17

Got the gun put back together ( love how easily it assembles) tried buffing with some steel wool & then using a little silicone oil

still need to weather it & start gluing on greeblies

I made the sight rod thing for the top using a cut down metal phone stylus, a wooden skewer & 2 pushrods

I've kept the inaccurate rear sight but it's removable, the sight rod mount may be a touch tall for the push rods to clear the rear sight

but I think it looks ok so far, lots more to do

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    472 KB · Views: 84
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    440.3 KB · Views: 86
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    733 KB · Views: 96
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    774.4 KB · Views: 88
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    761 KB · Views: 101
Re: Greedo Blaster, Jabba's Palace Blaster, SE-14R, DDC Defender, Biker Scout & DH-17

For some reason I seem to be having problems painting the Mitchell parts from shapeways

I've primed, under coated in silver & then sprayed satin black but the black is staying tacky & not drying :cry

its the same paint I use for all my builds & I've tried 2 different tins with the same result

gonna try completely rubbing down & starting again

wasn't expecting a problem with this it's a bit weird

Pretty much got everything ready to go except the Mitchell Parts,

I've rubbed them back to bare plastic to start over, giving them a new coat of primer & see how they dry

I've painted various 3d printed parts before but not ordered from shapeways before now, not sure if there is some trick to painting the parts?

still can't understand why I'm struggling with them

anyway I've found some nice replica aluminium stylus brush rods & ordered them instead

also ordered another set of the Mitchell Trans Rotors (in ultra fine) from shapeways because I think I took off some of the details when I sanded mine back down, hopefully I can paint them ok :lol

will try re-painting the set I have in the meantime just to see if I can

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    609.1 KB · Views: 73

Always a big fan of your work, Paul. inspiring to say the least.

My Mitchell parts wouldn't dry again so had to strip the paint again, sanded & wiped down with acetone, I'll have one more go at painting these I think

the revised parts I've seen look good so I can see I'm gonna end up buying a 3rd set of these

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 84

The Mitchell stylus brush pieces are hollow & there may be residual wax inside, which is used for support during the printing process. There are holes that would allow you to flush the inside of these pieces out out if need be. This might be affecting the paint some.

Fingers crossed that the acetone has worked because I gave these a coat of black last night & it looks like it's drying :)

On an unrelated topic I was thinking of using one of the Tomtit cylinders to make a Stormtrooper comlink

I've ordered a couple of replica hovi tips for the top part & I believe the bottom is a screw cap (although all mine seem a bit small & fall inside)

I have a comlink I got on eBay a while back & the cylinder looks tiny next to my one from Reades

I assume loads of people do these but I've not seen any pics of one built with the Tomtit cylinder, is the anything else to these or is it just the hovi mic on top & screw cap below?

guess I need to do some searching

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    678 KB · Views: 68

Looks like I spoke a little too soon about the Mitchell parts for the Greedo blaster, the connectors dried ok but not the stylus brush rods, may have another try but may just wait for the new parts to arrive.

Also ordered some more accurate discs for the grips

I quickly put together a couple of comlinks this weekend one for a friend & one for myself

I used resin cast hovi mix parts, Tomtit cylinder, & the back end of a marker pen

I believe that the bottom of the comlink was a screw cap but the ones I had for my Greedo blaster were a touch small & fell inside

I ended up using the bottom of a marker pen (same one I used for the Greedo Barrel) I actually preferred how it looked to the screw cap

anyway I wasn't going for super accurate, interesting to see the size difference to the one I'd got from ebay a while back

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    907.2 KB · Views: 72
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    307.3 KB · Views: 67
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    414 KB · Views: 61
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    592.9 KB · Views: 70
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    639.7 KB · Views: 70
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    548.7 KB · Views: 71
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    450.5 KB · Views: 67

Back to Greedo's Blaster :)

The aluminium Mitchell Rods arrived today & I've given the 2nd set of connectors a coat of silver

I'm kicking myself that I ordered them a couple of days before the revised ones went on shapeways, can't justify a 3rd set now

gonna give them a quick coat of black & maybe finally put it together

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,012.7 KB · Views: 74

I'm kinda falling out with this build

the 2nd set of Mitchell connectors have done exactly the same thing as the 1st, I cleaned them with Acetone & lightly sanded & it still dried tacky, I cleaned up again, sanded again painted a 2nd time & they're still a little tacky, I think it's the best I'm gonna get & I can't justify or afford to order a 3rd set

think it's time to just put it together

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    471.2 KB · Views: 80

Finally got the Greedo Blaster put together

I'm not 100% happy but then I only decided to build it on a whim because I had the Tomtit parts :lol

I just eyeballed the details so I know the measurements are off

The barrel is probably too long, the rear sight is obviously wrong but it can be switched out no problem if I get a more accurate one, the mount for the pushrods is a touch too tall & the connectors inside the Tomtit ejection port greeblie is just what I had that looked ok, obviously I have also have the too short Mitchell connectors :lol

I only meant this to be a quick, fun build was never going for 100% accuracy

like all my builds it's somewhere between accurate, idealised, what I could get & what I could afford :lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 94
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 92
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    598.8 KB · Views: 98
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    786.4 KB · Views: 90
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    287.9 KB · Views: 86
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    949 KB · Views: 98

The problem with this thread is every time I see an update I can't help myself, and I go back and look at all the builds! Awesome body of work Country Paul!

Mike

yep... makes me want to build one... nooooo stop myself...

I realised that with the exception of putting together my Greedo Killer back in January I've not actually built anything for about 6 months (except lots of Lego :lol)

once I finished my GK I think I felt like I'd kinda finished what I'd set out to do for now & didn't feel motivated to start anything so I decided to give my wallet a rest as I patiently wait for the Boba Debt ESB run & the chance to upgrade my Hoth & Bespin blasters.

then I saw the new EP7 trailer & suddenly I wanted to build again :lol got a few things laying around, a Doopydoos E11, a Hasbro E11 with the conversion kit & another DH-17

I'm going to the Manchester Comicon in the Summer & my friends & I decided this year we'll dress up, so I wanted some cheap blasters etc that I wouldn't worry about if they got lost, broken etc.

had a look in my parts box & found that I had enough left over Doopydoos resin parts to throw together a generic ESB style Rebel holster stuffer DL-44, I'm kinda deliberately not going for Accuracy with this, base gun is wrong style Mauser for starters but it was super cheap

anyway it's a start back towards building again I guess

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    527.3 KB · Views: 88
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    730.2 KB · Views: 95
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    754.3 KB · Views: 94

Got the Generic Rebel DL-44 finished, as I said it's just a holster stuffer

quick & very very cheap build

I made no attempt to accurize the Mauser, I wanted to embrace the fact it was a different style

obviously the Doopydoos parts I had were ESB so that's the overall look, thinking now I should maybe have positioned the Pistons differently or used an M38 scope or something to make it more different but as I said I did this quick

Overall I'm pretty pleased (I like the black Flash hider ;))

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    790.4 KB · Views: 109
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 105
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    959.8 KB · Views: 99
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    343.1 KB · Views: 78
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    703.1 KB · Views: 85
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    812 KB · Views: 89
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    383 KB · Views: 85

I'm thinking that I'll just use this thread for all my odds & sods builds rather than start new threads each time

i picked up one of the 3D printed Kylo Ren Lightsabers (seen a few of these done now)

I sanded as much as I could, then sprayed with filler primer, then resanded & filled, then primed in grey, undercoated in silver & painted satin black

i managed to get rid of most of the print lines (but not all)

nothing too clever here :lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    954.4 KB · Views: 71
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    486 KB · Views: 79
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    442.3 KB · Views: 78
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    389.2 KB · Views: 75
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    291.9 KB · Views: 75
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    231.6 KB · Views: 88
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    424.1 KB · Views: 82
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    317.7 KB · Views: 86

Finally I tried to keep the weathering fairly subtle (for me)

I spent a lot of time looking at the pictures from Celebration & I think it's black??? I've seen a few done in a kind of gunmetal colour

I also couldn't tell if the side ports were silver or black or both so I went with weathered :lol

It's not perfect I know but I'm reasonably happy for now I think

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    863.5 KB · Views: 67
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    814.1 KB · Views: 60
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    714.6 KB · Views: 77
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    535.7 KB · Views: 69
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    538.1 KB · Views: 68
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    725.2 KB · Views: 78
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    727.4 KB · Views: 78
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    519 KB · Views: 71
Re: Various Blaster builds Greedo, Jabba's Palace, Biker Scout, Kylo Ren & more

Needed another DH-17 for some rebel costumes, so I fetched one down from the loft to quickly paint up

I still really like these Hasbro Blasters, I know that they're a little undersized but the detail on them is great & I think the scope looks really good on them

im not sure why hasbro seemingly tried so hard to be more with these but I'm pleased they did :lol

Was working quickly & i didnt manage to get the clear cap off the scope so just masked it off for painting, (I also didn't bother try to reshape the grip)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    685.4 KB · Views: 77
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    644 KB · Views: 67
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    703.2 KB · Views: 75
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    837.3 KB · Views: 70
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    754 KB · Views: 66
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 66
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 71
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    993.2 KB · Views: 70

A while back I got a couple of 3D printed Biker Scout Blasters but only painted one of them,

I also picked up a couple of really nice Singlepoint casts that have been sat in a box

needed something to keep me busy while I wait for the V2 & ESB runs

I Think 3D printing is amazing but a lot of work to get rid of all the print lines, I didn't quite get them all on my first one :facepalm

started off with sanding - filler primer - sanding - filler - sanding - grey primer - sanding - filler - sanding - grey primer

& then finally a silver undercoat :lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    684 KB · Views: 78
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    864.6 KB · Views: 69
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    328.1 KB · Views: 69
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    443.6 KB · Views: 66
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    516.5 KB · Views: 67
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    462.3 KB · Views: 66
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    629.2 KB · Views: 64

I really like how the Ren saber has come along... so many nooks and pockets to tend to.

I don't know why, but as you've mentioned there's a few these being built by members here, and each time I see it I am surprised how small it is. I don't know why I've got it in my head that the saber was so big in the trailer.

Regardless, well done.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back