Blade Runner Airsoft Build

Looking good so far Darth:cool, it's going to be a beaut when everything is said and done! Keep up the good work, I know you have a few iron into the fire, so courage!

I'm impressed by your work around for the gas reservoir but I'm wondering does it still work or will more work be done to it?

how did you do the barrel did you adapted the existing barrel like I did or did you make an entire custom piece to fit it together?

You cut out the bottom of the outer grip frame I'm wondering if you'll do what I did and leave it hidden by the butt plate or will you make a hole in the butt plate to make gas refills easier?

keep up the awesome work I can't wait to see this finished.

I have a lot more to do. The fas chamber will be accessible from the butt plate and the rest will fall into place as I go. The barrel is aluminum and was made for me Richard Coyle...right now I am figuring out how to stabilize everything in the grip so I can finish that up...once that is finished the rest should be easy!! It will fire and will be almost screen accurate minus the wrong .44 pistol being used!!! I figured better bigger than smaller?!? Thanks for checking it out! Cheers!

"Give it to Holden, he's good!?!"

Another option I've been messing around with is using a high powered magnet in one side of the butt plate/outer grip frame to hold it in place (mounted behind a dummy screw) that would enable me to swing the butt plate out to refill the gas?! I know that Rare Earth magnets are very strong so that was an idea...that way the butt plate doesn't get deformed and take away from the aesthetic of the piece?!...we'll see.

OK! I got a lot more work done on this thing and its all really starting to make sense and come together!!! Here's a few more shots! uploadfromtaptalk1393022183165.jpguploadfromtaptalk1393022199274.jpg

Its almost there! I just got all the holes drilled and the pieces figured out!!! It will be fully operational very soon...blueing will be tough since its half plastic and part metal but its going to be my own take on it...it will look cool though. Very close to the hero but a little bigger...plus it fires Airsoft rounds!!! Cheers!

Thanks! Its been really fun! Very challenging but fun...I'll get back to it soon...I gotta buy the screws and do some more sanding etc...almost there though!!!

True! I am excited to get this done so I can finish the other blasters I am working on...

More work on the Airsoft...test fitting the pieces...all holes drilled...and tomorrow I get the screws I need! Then its a bunch of work getting everything to fit perfectly so it fires well...it may be off center but I'm trying to figure out how to may it work out right!?!?uploadfromtaptalk1395119309130.jpguploadfromtaptalk1395119319648.jpguploadfromtaptalk1395119336018.jpg
Hope you all enjoy! It don't be long before I sell this baby and start another version... cheers!

The butt plate isn't connected yet, that is why its not centered correctly. I'm going to use one real screw and one dummy with a rare earth magnet for the other connection so it can be swung out to refill the air tank! Cheers!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back