BEWARE!! eBay seller je.frigh aka banned member PLANET: MARIO SARRICA

Re: RPF BEWARE!! eBay seller CUSTOMPROPSREPLICAS aka banned member PLANET

my reaction to all this is, if you don't like that we warn others about recasters and those dirt bags that rip others off, don't EVER log onto the RPF again!!!

(y)thumbsup:thumbsup

Pretty simple, DON'T READ THESE THREADS.

If you don't want to be part of this Community which has always protected it's own, THEN LEAVE! :rolleyes

This stuff needs it's own section in the forum. I don't buy stuff (beyond raw materials) from eBay, and honestly I dislike the almost vigilante (even if it's accurate and they deserve it) attitude of these posts. And I don't come here to see name calling arguments. That's why I wrote my private thread ignoring "hide this thread" script (which I'm activating now)...

Seriously - so tired of these "HE IS A BAD GUY BURN THE WITCH!" posts. It's a big turn off for this community. I'm here for DIY, not to be a business. Create a business section for those that care about the business section, and let us amateurs that want to learn and do have our space.

I bought something from him a couple of years ago. Very rude seller so I saved his name
because I expected something like this would come up later. His real name is MARIO SARRICA.

Interesting read on him. He has been banned from all the sites and keeps sock puppet accounts actively.

Found this all the way back from 2007.

eBay?s puttieface & Entertainment Movie Props : The Original Prop Blog ? Jason DeBord's TV and Movie Prop Memorabilia Resource

MARIO SARRICA : The Original Prop Blog ? Jason DeBord's TV and Movie Prop Memorabilia Resource

THAT LINK PROVIDES PROOF WHY THREADS LIKE THIS ARE NECESSARY. HE FAKES COA AND SELLS REPLICAS AS ORIGINALS AND THE PROP BLOG PROVES IT.

Last edited:

Warning others about sub par sellers and re-casters, specially those not familiar with the re-casters is a HUGE help to people like me. I do not wish to spend a lot of cash on some ones property that is in turn stolen to be resold in a hastily done fashion with crap materials that will fall apart in a few months, when I can just as easily contact the property owner and get a proper perfect quality item.

I think it`s kind of expected, I mean over the past few months how many different people on this forum have pretty much grown so tired of their hard work being stolen and sold at profit? how many quit posting their work or offering it for sale in the junkyard due to this same crap. If the community doesn`t police itself in the end your only options will be figure it out on your own at your own costs!..

my reaction to all this is, if you don't like that we warn others about recasters and those dirt bags that rip others off, don't EVER log onto the RPF again!!!

But that is what his "script " is for.... So he doesn't have to read these threads :lol

But here is a recap of HOW WELL THAT IGNORE SCRIPT IS WORKING... It sure hasn't hindered his comments in some of a the other "recaster and scammer" threads that have popped up:

"This is why the whole recaster accusation stuff bothers me. It rapidly can turn into a witch hunt. Dangerous, dangerous game when you go all out accusing."

"I'll go out on a limb and say in general this kind of stuff (I mean the whole posting of the emails, trashing someone, etc.) is not something I come here to read nor want to read. Yes the guy's a jerk, but really this whole thread has a certain lack of professionalism. I really wish it was in some "Off Topic" forum or somewhere other than here."

"(Preface. I'm not a recaster or even a caster. I've never even bought any castings, beyond some rocket models from Real Space because I utterly dig the look of the DynaSoar on top a Titan III rocket)
I try really hard to stay out of recaster threads (I use my thread blocking tool on most all), mostly because of the swift "judge, jury and executioner" style, but also because I think people who freak out about it are just not using their marketing heads."

"Here's the thing about recasting: you can't stop it. No end of posting about how bad it is, or they are, or who's a rumored recaster will make it go away."

"It's kind of interesting that someone would ask, "Where do they get the gall?" about Lucas coming down on another company for copying their work, but let a guy do a recast and he's suddenly below the lowest of lows in the RPF world."

"With recasts (and reproduction of copyright material), a couple is flattery and great for the original artist. A ton of them is a ripoff. Sometimes I think people threatened by recasting could use it to their advantage in some way, just as Lucas does. Instead most take the Disney approach."

"When I was in the game biz, having someone write a hack for our game sucked. But it also meant to some extent we'd "made it". If someone recasts you, in some way take it as a compliment, as if you really sucked they'd not bother.
If you don't want to take it as a compliment, or look for that silver lining, ... ah well"

"Agreed. These threads go on far too long and are just a lot of "they said i said" stuff. No place in this forum from my perspective. It's childish and immature, not to mention exactly how one does not do business in the real world"

"Kind of wish this stuff had its own forum. So far down on my "care" list compared to how to posts, tutorials, work in progress and other "making as opposed to copying" work."

"I get so tired of these - can there just be another forum for this kind of stuff? This is why I wrote my "thread ignore" script."

"The amount of petty "Look how bad he is and so unprofessional" commentary is... unprofessional"

"I guess as someone pretty new to this community, this stuff leaves a very bad impression of it on me.
Back to just hiding the thread with my script..."

I do love how he keeps reminding us that his script will be used.... Yet it never does :lol

Re: BEWARE!! eBay seller CUSTOMPROPSREPLICAS aka banned member PLANET: MARIO SARRICA

Obviously telling others about those who conduct bad business is a good thing!?! This guy must be ADD or something it seems his comments lean toward supporting recasters rather than against!? Don't like threads like this then don't read them or comment on them!?! By stating things like the above collection of quotes you open yourself up to scrutiny rather than support???
Don't be so judgemental of recasters and thieves?! ..please give me a break dude & hide this thread too since it brothers you SO much!

"Give it to Holden, he's good!?!"

Re: BEWARE!! eBay seller CUSTOMPROPSREPLICAS aka banned member PLANET: MARIO SARRICA

The script is one of the programs Art banned from being mentioned i think when they came up with that rule about modifying the site with scripts and such.

So wheres your thread ? :rolleyes

He wrote another script to keep the "hide a thread script" thread, hidden in a new thread so nobody can find the old thread...Because the script in the new thread hid it. Got it?
Ah..... What? :wacko

Is it me or do I smell the odor of dirty socks?

Yeah, there's the definite odor of gym socks in this thread.

I can't stand and will never knowingly support recasters. I've already warned people off of this scumbag and will continue to do so!

:lol

Love this thread. I remember Planet fondly and can't help but think of Lance Armstrong whenever I hear his name. :D

You mean Lance's spurned Lover! :D

:lol

Love this thread. I remember Planet fondly and can't help but think of Lance Armstrong whenever I hear his name. :D

- - - Updated - - -

I get it and I hope he does to! :lol

He wrote another script to keep the "hide a thread script" thread, hidden in a new thread so nobody can find the old thread...Because the script in the new thread hid it. Got it?
Ah..... What? :wacko

Oh man i forgot the Armstrong thread. I think i even posted in there before giving up lol.

I revisit the LA thread every so often when I want a good laugh.

Oh, please point me to that thread. I need something new to laugh at - the "advacnded action suit" thread is beginning to wear thin. :)

I need to read both of those? I need a good laugh!?!

"Give it to Holden, he's good!?!"

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back