BEWARE!! eBay seller je.frigh aka banned member PLANET: MARIO SARRICA

Moviefreak

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
UPDATE 11-9-18: Mario is on ETSY under the new name: opbitemark
He is selling many of the same items as well as many new ones. Most appear to be recasts or copies of free paper props from here on the site, as well as copies of paper props from members here like Hotshot, Jedifyfe as well as others.
Specializing in Full scale Replica Movie props by opbitemark

UPDATE 10-4-17: Mario is now on a ETSY. He is selling under the name- Moviepropsrus'
Familiarize yourself with some of his items and then keep an eye out for these selling on other sites:
http://www.bonanza.com/booths/Moviepropsrus?awc=6238_1507124328_d3161c081dbdeb9bb7782319a4296b99&utm_source=awin&utm_medium=cp

UPDATE 5-31-17: Mario is now going by the name Lance Mancy. You can see his profile here:
Keep an eye out for photos on his page that pop up on eBay or other forums to see if he starts selling again.

** Mario is using LANCE MANCY to peddle stuff on a Facebook group you can see here:
SCREEN USED MOVIE PROP FORUM
Beware that you do not deal with him on this site or any other site. He is trying to peddle the Batman viral newspapers as original film used pieces. **

also in his past activity, Mario Sarrica has been going by the name "Brett Brown" on facebook, selling replica Indiana Jones pistols (S&W Model 1917 and the Webley WG, serial number 7727). He was abusive as usual. His paypal account was under "sydneymias@gmail.com" and was also selling under "moviepropguys@yahoo.com" (Name on the account is Tim Bane). He lives in Massachusetts, he still uses M. Ford occasionally. I believe his wife's maiden name is Ford, one of his kid's names is Sydney. This guy is real scum, using his own family's names to defraud people. Anyway, buyers and sellers beware.

He was banned here as PLANET
He was banned here as THEPHOENIX
He was banned here as CASPER
HIS REAL NAME IS MARIO SARRICA

He sold on eBay as PUTTIEFACE (shut down by eBay)
He sold on eBay as VOTEHILLARY (shut down by eBay)
He sold on eBay as SPADORCIA (shut down by eBay)
He sold on eBay as HOIST73 (shut down by eBay)
He sold on eBay as AUCTIONSHERPA (shut down by eBay)
He then changed his eBay ID to AURORAPROJECT2011 (shut down by eBay)
He is now back to selling as CUSTOMPROPREPLICAS (he changed this ID to a new name)
He is now selling as THEBESTEVER2014 (changed the name to new one)
He is now selling a second account as THEPICKERSYARDSALE
MAY 16, 2014 he has now changed his EBay ID to: GODZILLASFRIEND
June 2015 he is now going by je.frigh on eBay. Buyer beware if dealing with a seller by that name.
February 1, 2017 he is now going by the name LANCE MANCY on Facebook.

He is also on Etsy selling under the name: THE KINGPIN
Under the heading: MOVIE GUNS INC.

UPDATE: Mario the popped up on propsummit as "movieman"

IF YOU ARE A NEW MEMBER HERE AND DON'T KNOW THE BACKGROUND ON HIM,
HE IS BANNED FROM HERE FOR RECASTING.

HE ALSO TAKES REPLICAS AND CREATES COA FROM HIS OWN FAKE COMPANY AND SELLS AS SCREEN USED. THE PROP BLOG DEBUNKED MSNY OF HIS DUPLICATE SALES AMD HE EVEN SELLS BRAND NEW TSHIRTS, USING THE SAME PHOTO FOR ALL THE DIFFERENT FILMS.

Here is some background:
eBay?s puttieface & Entertainment Movie Props : The Original Prop Blog ? Jason DeBord's TV and Movie Prop Memorabilia Resource

MARIO SARRICA : The Original Prop Blog ? Jason DeBord's TV and Movie Prop Memorabilia Resource

Auctionsherpa-Recaster?

SO IF YOU ARE EYEBALLING HIS STUFF ON EBAY, PLEASE DO NOT SUPPORT HIM.
MOST LIKELY WHAT YOU ARE BUYING IS NOT SCREEN USED.

HE IS RUDE, BAD NEWS AND PHOTOS ARE OFTEN BETTER THAN WHAT YOU RECEIVE. AND WHEN YOU ASK ABOUT IT, HE RESPONDS IN AN OVER THE TOP RUDE AND OFFENSIVE WAY.

Last edited:
Re: RPF BEWARE!! eBay seller CUSTOMPROPSREPLICAS aka banned member PLANET

Was browsing eBay yesterday, came across this guy. Red flag was raised as soon as I read his descriptions.
It's funny how these guys always have great feedback - and then, all of a sudden, a few negatives of the kind that cool sellers never get... funny how he pulls some kind of extortion card when replying to negatives, btw.

The negative feedback that eBay had removed - wonder what it was about?

Was browsing eBay yesterday, came across this guy. Red flag was raised as soon as I read his descriptions.
It's funny how these guys always have great feedback - and then, all of a sudden, a few negatives of the kind that cool sellers never get... funny how he pulls some kind of extortion card when replying to negatives, btw.

The negative feedback that eBay had removed - wonder what it was about?
The conversation came up about that in the past. Apparently you leave negative, and he hounds you in messages offering free stuff if you agree to contact eBay to have your feedback removed. So he bribes you. When he was AUCTIONSHERPA, that tactic didn't work every time, so he ended up setting all feedback comments to private so no buyers could read them. Talk about shady.

The conversation came up about that in the past. Apparently you leave negative, and he hounds you in messages offering free stuff if you agree to contact eBay to have your feedback removed. So he bribes you. When he was AUCTIONSHERPA, that tactic didn't work every time, so he ended up setting all feedback comments to private so no buyers could read them. Talk about shady.

Interesting
Back in the day people would slam you back if you left negative feedback. But now that eBay does not allow sellers to leave negative fb for buyers I suppose you have to resort to what works for you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Interesting
Back in the day people would slam you back if you left negative feedback. But now that eBay does not allow sellers to leave negative fb for buyers I suppose you have to resort to what works for you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Hmmmmmmm....
Extortion is not acceptable. If you get slammed for low quality, that is on you the seller, not your cue to "do what you have to do" to get the feedback removed.

We know him here as PLANET

He sold on eBay as AUCTIONSHERPA
He then changed his eBay ID to AURORAPROJECT2011
He is now back to selling as CUSTOMREPLICAPROPS

IF YOU ARE A NEW MEMBER HERE AND DON'T KNOW THE BACKGROUND ON HIM,
HE IS BANNED FROM HERE FOR RECASTING.
Here is some background:
http://www.therpf.com/f9/auctionsherpa-recaster-143315/index5.html

SO IF YOU ARE EYEBALLING HIS STUFF ON EBAY, PLEASE DO NOT SUPPORT HIM.

HE IS RUDE, BAD NEWS AND PHOTOS ARE OFTEN BETTER THAN WHAT YOU RECEIVE. AND WHEN YOU ASK ABOUT IT, HE RESPONDS IN AN OVER THE TOP RUDE AND OFFENSIVE WAY.

I bought something from him a couple of years ago. Very rude seller so I saved his name
because I expected something like this would come up later. His real name is MARIO SARRICA.

Last edited:

Hmmmmmmm....
Extortion is not acceptable. If you get slammed for low quality, that is on you the seller, not your cue to "do what you have to do" to get the feedback removed.

Excuse me but I didn't say extortion was acceptable. I simply meant that many sellers will bend over backwards to keep that 100%. I'm not defending any extortion if that's what this fellow was doing.

This stuff needs it's own section in the forum. I don't buy stuff (beyond raw materials) from eBay, and honestly I dislike the almost vigilante (even if it's accurate and they deserve it) attitude of these posts. And I don't come here to see name calling arguments. That's why I wrote my private thread ignoring "hide this thread" script (which I'm activating now)...

Seriously - so tired of these "HE IS A BAD GUY BURN THE WITCH!" posts. It's a big turn off for this community. I'm here for DIY, not to be a business. Create a business section for those that care about the business section, and let us amateurs that want to learn and do have our space.

Last edited:

Here, you'll need these.

49e25955070a0a656ddc0b61078464cc.jpg

I dislike the almost vigilante (even if it's accurate and they deserve it) attitude of these posts. And I don't come here to see name calling arguments.

Seriously - so tired of these "HE IS A BAD GUY BURN THE WITCH!" posts. It's a big turn off for this community.
So we are wrong to call out someone and put a warning out to alert others?
This banned member has been on this site a few times and has been banned for buying stuff and recasting. So when we see he is back to actively selling, I think it is our duty to warn and let people be aware. If you are selling on eBay and this ID tries to buy from you, it could be a thread like this that prevents you from following through and getting recast.

Seriously, if you are so sick of reading posts/threads like these... Then don't open the thread. Problem solved...no?
Opening it, then reading it and getting angry enough to spout off, it IS YOUR FAULT FOR KNOWINGLY READING THE TITLE AND STILL OPENING IT.

This stuff needs it's own section in the forum. I don't buy stuff (beyond raw materials) from eBay, and honestly I dislike the almost vigilante (even if it's accurate and they deserve it) attitude of these posts. And I don't come here to see name calling arguments. That's why I wrote my private thread ignoring "hide this thread" script (which I'm activating now)...

Seriously - so tired of these "HE IS A BAD GUY BURN THE WITCH!" posts. It's a big turn off for this community. I'm here for DIY, not to be a business. Create a business section for those that care about the business section, and let us amateurs that want to learn and do have our space.

The more I read this, the more it pisses me off.
You express that you just want to build and learn and work on the RPF, but these "HE IS S BAD GUY" posts hinder that.
I have yet to see these type of posts creep into the modeling section. I have yet to see warning threads in the costuming or sculpting threads. It is usually in the general REPLICA FORUM. Why? Because this isn't the exclusive build section. This section is utilized by people who buy and sell props. So warnings in this section are warranted. If you want to focus on your builds and such... Stay in the building threads. Damn dude... Just don't open these threads if they bother you.

I hope you do use your new "hide these threads" script. If you had that easy solution on hand, then you could have just started using it and avoided coming in the thread to state your position. That is a troll move. Just execute your script and move along to build happily in your perfect world where nobody does wrong and nobody deserves to get warnings.

Nobody is making you read threads like these. Plenty of subject matter on this board that I don't care to see yet I am not compelled to look at it.

As an artist I like to know the antics of recasters so I can avoid them.

Nevermind.... Not worth my time

Last edited:

Whenever someone complains about recasters being called out it makes them look like they support it even if they don't.

I pretty sure he has another account here.

Wait a darn minute...

Whenever someone complains about recasters being called out it makes them look like they support it even if they don't.

Raises questions why someone like the poster above hasn't posted anything since Dec 13, and after two months since that last post.... This was his first comment? Weird? And to say these type of posts are a thorn in his side, one post in two months doesn't seem like he is involved enough to be getting annoyed by posts here.

We'll he certainly does try to get his money's worth out of you doesn't he :facepalm The pictures he uses seem familiar though, I don't know if I've seen the stuff he's selling else where or he's using someone else's photos. Either way not good, luckily I haven't been watching any of his stuff.

my reaction to all this is, if you don't like that we warn others about recasters and those dirt bags that rip others off, don't EVER log onto the RPF again!!!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back