Basic(?) resin/bondo question for Iron Man Helmet

ni7ewing

Hey guys, I'm pretty new(ish) to the whole pepakura thing and wanted to ask a question before I made a mistake.

I'm working on my second Mark VI helmet (the first one was too big), and I'm just about to start the resin stage.

Once I get the helmet taped up and resined on the inside, then outside...........when and how do I remove the faceplate to get ready for the automated opening process? I assume it's AFTER the bondo stage, but what's the best way to do it?

You'll get more response in the proper forum. To answer your question, you want to basically finish your body work before cutting the fireplace off. Use a rotary tool with a cutting wheel to cut it off, then repair any damage

i would go for the costuming section of the RPF, those wizards in there know what they are talking about!!! good luck with the second build

Yes second Kevin's comments - rotary dremmel with diamond cutting drill (yes it is expensive for an accessory, but it will last a lifetime) a steady hand and bondo (cary body filler) on helmet and face plate edges , sand slowly smooth and test fit regularly until you have a seamless (well almost) match !!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back