B-Wing ID, Build and Now Paint

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: B-Wing ID thread

Yikes! It looks like it's getting thrown!

So much of that kit, even in the few pics, looks so finessed compared to the other we've seen.

I can see that Ferrari part I sent you! Wheee! It's good to see it on there. As said in the pm, never mind the hoses in trade. I'm using 1/16" shrink tubing and after it's shrunk it seems to be the perfect size and composition for the at-st. Cheers!

The "Kit" was not really made to be an exact copy of either version of it.
It was made as accurate as possible, to look as good as possible, and if someone wanted to go with one version or another great lengths went into engineering it, so whatever the model builder wanted to do was possible, and easily so.

EXCUSE ME?

Rough where?

Dont take this as anything other than what it is Frank, there is a lot of kit part detail with large bubbles that's easier to replace than clean up or fill, sadly as I dont know all the parts or dont have them I have to try and remove the kit version and replace, which has led to a lot of re working or correcting my own slips and dings. A lot of the wings kit parts are heavily bubbled on corners or through detail thats too difficult to just fill. THis isn't a complaint as I can replace them with parts I have and in many ways its led me to want and to try and scratch one also now, through a little frustration and a lot of inspiration. Lee had took a private conversation and maybe a bit out of context. If I had a complaint I would come direct to you on casting. I guess I thought it was just easier to replace stuff than re order.
As I've already said its a great great kit but with any resin kit comes clean up and bubble trouble hence the just get on with it rather than moan :cool

Looking forward to getting it done and painted so everyone can enjoy the work and time that was put into creating it :thumbsup

The "Kit" was not really made to be an exact copy of either version of it.
It was made as accurate as possible, to look as good as possible, and if someone wanted to go with one version or another great lengths went into engineering it, so whatever the model builder wanted to do was possible, and easily so.

Its been done perfectly to use as a base for either bird, this was always known and I'm just showing the mods I'm doing to recreate the Orange version, It not being correct to one or the other is not an issue at all, and I'm enjoying the conversion. I just dont enjoy the extra work you need to put in with resin over plastic, but thats the nature of the beast.

Dont take this as anything other than what it is Frank, there is a lot of kit part detail with large bubbles that's easier to replace than clean up or fill, sadly as I dont know all the parts or dont have them I have to try and remove the kit version and replace, which has led to a lot of re working or correcting my own slips and dings. A lot of the wings kit parts are heavily bubbled on corners or through detail thats too difficult to just fill. THis isn't a complaint as I can replace them with parts I have and in many ways its led me to want and to try and scratch one also now, through a little frustration and a lot of inspiration. Lee had took a private conversation and maybe a bit out of context. If I had a complaint I would come direct to you on casting. I guess I thought it was just easier to replace stuff than re order.
As I've already said its a great great kit but with any resin kit comes clean up and bubble trouble hence the just get on with it rather than moan :cool

Looking forward to getting it done and painted so everyone can enjoy the work and time that was put into creating it :thumbsup

Yeah, what Guy said :).

lee

I am disappointed, I sold my B wing thinking to buy the moe's kit
and I learned that he will not be produced !

Michel

Adorable pic guy.....and i am not talking about the model!! lol

Cheers bud, she's such a cutie :cool

My other Gal landed today, at last a place to make a mess without fear in my veins

GUYLM.jpg

I pride myself on getting it as Bubble free as possible.
Sorry, you feel it was plagued with "large bubbles".
It's not exactly as easy thing to cast.

However, I was pretty happy with the results.
Feel free to return it, I would be happy to refund you.

french_taunter.jpg

And people wonder why we want to stop producing kits.....

Last edited:

Nice lookin' shack Guy! I'd LOVE to have a space like that dedicated to doing this work! Beats the current kitchen table setup. Go GuyLM!

I don't see any one in this thread that hasn't been a prima donna on this board before when it comes to these studio scale models, myself included... so let's not be hasty to bust Frank for being proud of what he and Moe have done ;)

I don't see any one in this thread that hasn't been a prima donna on this board before when it comes to these studio scale models, myself included... so let's not be hasty to bust Frank for being proud of what he and Moe have done ;)

Thats Prima Donna, with capitals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back