B-Wing ID, Build and Now Paint

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: B-Wing ID thread

You da man J!. I don't have those kits so never would have got those ID's, well done mate.

Nice work buddy, did most of that come in the kit, or did you break out most of the donors?

Lee

85% kit parts at the mo but am thinking of replacing more, I just cant seem to enjoy resin anymore. I think anything that I can replace I will (if it makes sense).

Whoa, cryptic......pretty sure i can make out the face of Che Guewara in all that :lol.

lee

A little tip for those with half a brain....Dont primer your subject then pick it up 30 seconds later with a full grip in your hand, it takes a little longer for this stuff to dry.....Amateur hour at Guy-LM today

New guns scratched and original kit parts used
IMG_0270.jpg

Nice casting indeed. Is this Moe's kit? Guy doing a pilot build for promo? When can we get one? Always questions....:D

Mike

Lovely!
I will have to get a B-Wing done for the 30th anniversary next year!

Nice casting indeed. Is this Moe's kit? Guy doing a pilot build for promo? When can we get one? Always questions....:D

Mike

Very nice casting indeed, and even better mastering. I'm not sure on the kits status, I was very lucky to be able to get my hands on one.

Notice the HIGH Quality CASTING.....

Funnily enough yes, :thumbsup

Lovely!
I will have to get a B-Wing done for the 30th anniversary next year!

Its still one of my Fav ships, hoping to have it up n running V soon.

Now that IS a proper SS B wing!!! As someone who has spent months trying to convert one version of it to a closer copy that picture makes me want to weep for two reasons:
(a) How absolutely and magnificently accurate that cockpit and cabin are !!!
(b) How absolutely and magnificently unaccurate mine still is !!!

Great work Guy ! (or should I be CASTING around for true originators of the work ???). I can see a paint off in the near future!

All the work you have put into the big version is worth every min, like Danial and TJ's before it it is a very worthy upgrade indeed. I never had the time or patience to do it to mine and sold the second Kit I had.

I def did not produce this model but am just upgrading a few parts here n there and converting it to as close to the Orange spot B as possible. A paint off would be awesome. The SS version is tiny compared with wrong Wong Kit, if there's one thing that impressive about the WW B is its size, we all know size doesn't matter though eh!

Ahhhhh damn you Guy Cowen (and F & M !!!). I didn't need to see that picture, it makes me want to alter mine even MORE!!!!!!!! Its when you see all those wing proportions right that it hurts the most !!!! There's just nothing I can do any more to correct those. They look perfect in that picture though. I sense a grave disturbance in the force, no its just me weeping quietly into my coffee. Still we'l have fun painting them up. Lets hope for drier weather Guy.

Dont let it worry you mate, its like trying to turn a VW Camper into a 911Turbo, just make it a great VW camper, to be honest once mine was painted I loved it and it is super impressive, I only sold it as I had an offer I couldn't refuse (with regret now) well up till recently that is.

A little tip for the orange spots, I cut a circle out of double sided sticky tape but without taking the backing off so was only sticky on one side and it worked a treat as a template for the circles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back