B-Wing ID, Build and Now Paint

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: B-Wing ID thread

Looks killer! I really didn't want to touch the other "camper" version, but this is awesome. Definitely a 911 turbo version here! I'm looking forward to seeing this progress!

Last edited:

WHAT B-WING KIT?

I have no clue as to what you're talking about......

A LONG time Ago...in a GARAGE FAR FAR AWAY.......

We were scrambling for material money to MOLD the stupid thing.
I sent PMs to some previous customers and friends offering to sell them a "kit", even though it wasn't offered as a kit.

We needed $$ to fund the silicone and resin.

I sent 10 PMs and I heard back from 3 people.

If we ever offer it publicly as a kit, we will post accordingly.
Until then, please stop PMing me asking.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Yeh, Leave Frank alone or else!

It was a tough decision to post this B thread but I really wanted to ID some parts and replace some parts and upgrade some parts and show off some parts and do some farts. It deserves the light of day if nothing else to show the time and energy that went into it. I may have rocked a boat or 2 but no one has died and we're still afloat so all well that ends well in the Oceanic void that is "B-WING Land" Ahoyyyyyyyyyy!!!

Ps. I got mine of a bloke in China :confused

I'm looking for a few bits n bobs off the Studio B wings, if anyone has any idea's on the parts in the pics below please feel free post here. :cool

The part on the left appears a few times on the model and is bugging the hell out of me as I'm sure its an obvious kit but just cant locate it?

Last edited:

Its the rectangle part on the left with the 2 groups of 3 strips across each side

Last edited:

Is it also in the B? I only have one T kit... but loads of Bs. Heck, I'm taking notes on this - I am building BOTH flavors of B-Wing in time for next year's WF, and I'll be slicing and dicing to get the variant "akkurate!"

I got three kits, but trying not to part them out much more bud, i could run some up in resin though, think i have some rubber left.

Lee

Would like to see this together with the A-wing considering
they were the odd fighters out in Jedi!:lol:thumbsup

That thing is looking Purty!

I got three kits, but trying not to part them out much more bud, i could run some up in resin though, think i have some rubber left.

Lee

Cheers Lee, I think I've got one sorted. You know I never think about rubber, I should get some more:facepalm

Slowly coming together, I'm replacing a lot of the detail just to make it a bit more crisp or accurate to the orange spot version.

Last edited:

Since it's an ID thread: yes, I can ID that's the best B-Wing so far!! Nice job! :)

Last edited:

Since it's an ID thread: yes, I can ID that's the best B-Wing so far!! Nice job! :)

It is a great bird, hoping to make it greater if possible, I'm also very inspired to scratch one now also. Moe does tend to inspire me I can say. I'm going to start some part maps soon and start the build hopefully.

Last edited:

Primer is still drying so the edges are still rounded on some of the plating. Getting there though

Last edited:

Really nice addition to the model bud, but i can see the task you mention in cleaning it up, looks like it need some "light" attention in places.

lee

Last edited:

Yeh, its not too bad in places but others are a pain, overall its really good but there's a lot of filling and re shaping to change it to the Orange spot so a lot of the mess is mine :facepalm

Its not far from done though, once its covered in primer I'll do the final clean up and then the painting can start, really looking forward to that, its one ship that looks incredible if painted well, sadly I may have to sell this though as I'm out of work for months and months, all depends on how many ID's I can bag in the coming weeks to get the scratched version started :cry

There all the rage in B-Wings R Us

FB.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back