Avengers: Age of Ultron (Pre-release)

I do believe 20th century fox has the rights to Deadpool.

Well, they haven't made a Deadpool film nor have they announced recently a Deadpool film in production (in fact, from what I've read, there was a test film shot in order to convince the heads of Fox to go forward with it, but there has not been any updates on it, and the closest thing to any information is a release year, and that's not even a guarantee that its in production, since a Deadpool movie has been in development hell for a while), and if they don't make a film with a Marvel character within a certain timeframe, the rights go back to Marvel. That's why Fox did The Amazing Spider-Man after Spider-Man 3, because the time was running out on the filmrights (this is also why you we're getting Days of Future's Past since there's been a while after the last X-Men related movie). Since Deadpool has a small fanbase in comparison to Spider-Man, the odds of there being a Deadpool film are slim, thus the film rights will eventually end up back in Marvel's hands soon.

Besides, according to the IMDb Trivia Section for The Avengers, the filmmakers secured the rights from Columbia Pictures to feature OsCorp Tower from The Amazing Spider-Man in New York. Unfortunately, by then digital rendering of the skyline was already complete and it could not appear. So, since Fox hasn't announced a Deadpool movie being worked on, there's nothing keeping Marvel from securing the rights for Deadpool from Fox for an appearance in an Avengers movie.

Last edited:
Thing is. That would turn the avengers into a silly film more about winding them up then saving the world...
I doubt they would risk changing the themes of the most successful movie franchise on a whim.
Deadpools pretty cool but id rather him have his own film. Hes to silly for whats going off at the moment.

He was ridiculous in wolverine. Which was a bad film anyway IMO.

J

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

I'm just happy that it looks like only one villain will be featured in the film. The next SpiderMan movie looks to already have 22.

I felt this tied in more to the fact that Thanos is trying to earn the love of Death after it appeared to him in a woman's form to him. It was a fitting remark in that sequence showing him.

That us true. But if you know of Deadpool's story, he meets Death after a few near death experiences, to which Death falls in love with him. Being the jealous type, Thanos curses Deadpool with the inability to die, so that means he'll never be able to be with Death. And all of that was after Thanos began to "court Death."

Thing is. That would turn the avengers into a silly film more about winding them up then saving the world...
I doubt they would risk changing the themes of the most successful movie franchise on a whim.
Deadpools pretty cool but id rather him have his own film. Hes to silly for whats going off at the moment.

But the first Avengers film had its fair share if silly moments (one that instantly comes to mind is Hulk punching out Thor after crash landing into Grand Central Station. Coulson's "so that's what it does comment" is another, amongst many others). Besides, the Marvel universe is comprised of a lot of characters that are silly as Deadpool, if not more than silly than him. And even the Avengers have had their own silly moments too, I'm sure.

That us true. But if you know of Deadpool's story, he meets Death after a few near death experiences, to which Death falls in love with him. Being the jealous type, Thanos curses Deadpool with the inability to die, so that means he'll never be able to be with Death. And all of that was after Thanos began to "court Death."

True, and didn't Thanos at one point make himself Omnipotent with the Cosmic cube, which in turn made Death turn away from him?

But the first Avengers film had its fair share if silly moments (one that instantly comes to mind is Hulk punching out Thor after crash landing into Grand Central Station. Coulson's "so that's what it does comment" is another, amongst many others). Besides, the Marvel universe is comprised of a lot of characters that are silly as Deadpool, if not more than silly than him. And even the Avengers have had their own silly moments too, I'm sure.

Apples and oranges. .. Those were funny moments that were easily forgotten. Not constant personalities. each avenger in their own personality are serious. Even the hulk and loki scene. It was funny. Not really silly. I doubt it was just as silly as if deadpool threw them both of the building repetedly shooting loki in the face while shouting bang bang! Theres a lot of serious moments in the avengers that deadpool just wouldnt fit into.

Were on about the franchise thats already been built here. And if they would be willing to risk it all to put a character their that could never fit as his personality cannot be changed. Que comment about the failed attempt at a different approach in wolverine origins.

The main theme outside the odd silly moment in the avengers was serious and saving the world. Deadpools personality would change the mood too much.

Iv always liked deadpools story when other characters come into it. Not that im that well educated in it. But not been a fan of the idea of him going into other characters story arcs. The moods different while reading or watching depending on the central character.

J

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

I like Deadpool but I think it would be hard to have him as a supporting character. He is an interesting character and would do better in a stand alone film first.

Would anyone really want a Deadpool movie made by a disney owned studio anyway? They would have to butcher the character to make it fit the mold.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

Has anyone read The Age of Ultron comics? I saw the graphic novel was released in stores recently, and I was wondering if it was worth picking up. It's pricey, so I want to make sure it's worth the cash...

Looks like Kick-Ass (Aaron Johnson) will be Quicksilver

Aaron-Taylor-Johnson.jpg

EXCLUSIVE: It's Official! Aaron Johnson Cast As QuickSilver in 'Avengers: Age Of Ultron' - Latino-Review.com

Nothing from Latino Review is ever really official. But, we all know Johnson's been in the talks for the role for several months now, just a matter of time.

Funny how both him and Olsen are now working on Godzilla and then together again for A2.

That'd be two Marvel movie adaptations he's been in (three including the sequel). For those who don't know, Kick-Ass was published by Marvel under their Icon Comics imprint (also, the movie has "Marv" at the beginning, which is a reference to Marvel).

I hope Joss kills it with this movie too. Avengers was just pure fun.

- - - Updated - - -

That'd be two Marvel movie adaptations he's been in (three including the sequel). For those who don't know, Kick-Ass was published by Marvel under their Icon Comics imprint (also, the movie has "Marv" at the beginning, which is a reference to Marvel).

Surprised at how much I enjoy watching him. He's awkward but awesome at the same time.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back