Another Han Solo ANH for your viewing pleasure... PIC HEAVY

Dude very impressive. Can not wait to see the final result. Have to second the prior customs you build you blend into each character well. When you do you home work it really pays off. Keep it going.

G-man

When you do you home work it really pays off.

Comments like this are what really makes it all worthwhile! Thanks for the motivation. I've been distracted by The Avengers lately. ;)

Expect a Solo update possibly this weekend. :cool

Last edited:
Totally understand! I think I contributed my half to the 2 Billion Plus they made already. Talk about well worth it.

G-man

Comments like this are what really makes it all worthwhile! Thanks for the motivation. I've been distracted by The Avengers lately. ;)

Expect a Solo update possibly this weekend. :cool

You do excellent work on your costumes!
Do you make the ANH Luke Skywalker costume?
I've been trying to find someone who makes that costume as I want to get one.

Time for some thread necromancing! LOL

I dug my fabrics/materials out of the box they've been packed in for the last couple months since I moved into a new apartment, and decided to make sure that my current machine can do the bloodstripes in the correct size.
That's a big negative!
IMG01913-20120830-1907.jpg

I can't get the correct width of a zig zag unless I butt 2 rows up against each other. I don't like how that looks, so I'm twisting my mom's arm to let me use her machine to do the stripes. Due to the logistics of the situation, the stripes will more than likely be sewn on separate strips of fabric, ala ESB/ROTJ, instead of directly on the pants like the ANH pair seems to have been done.

The plan is to knock those out this weekend before classes resume next week, but I won't hold my breath.

Thanks so much for posting this, pinder91. Really enjoying it so far.

Thanks! :thumbsup

I wish I hard more time to work on this, but my last semester of school is finally winding down, and I'm hoping to actually graduate this time. I gotta stay focused elsewhere a bit longer.

Hi there,

I've read that the blood stripes were handsown on the pants using a double threaded string ... but this may be a bit to much time consuming for you at the moment, right?

-Chaim

Hi there,

I've read that the blood stripes were handsown on the pants using a double threaded string ... but this may be a bit to much time consuming for you at the moment, right?

-Chaim

Definitely very time consuming. The biggest problem is that even when I get the time, I doubt I'll have the patience for it. :lol
I'm hoping I can set the machine up so that it almost looks hand sewn.

It's about time for an update, right?

Well, my Super ANH Hero Kit pieces have arrived. Can't even begin to describe how awesome everything is. The attention to detail and precision of all the pieces is amazing.

I decided to start fitting the e-z fit bull barrel. I purchased this bull barrel with the hopes of one day finding a real C-96 that I will not have to alter, aside from shaving the front sight.

Either way, this is how it looked straight out of the box.
IMG02383-20130217-1712_zps3c67e81a.jpg

And after quite a bit of sanding...
IMG02385-20130217-1949_zps5e848cfa.jpg

It fits much better now. I'm looking forward to bluing these pieces sometime this week.

Well, my Super ANH Hero Kit pieces have arrived. Can't even begin to describe how awesome everything is. The attention to detail and precision of all the pieces is amazing.

Where did you get your kit? I've been going back and forth between getting a kit and doing the modifications from scratch; this one looks pretty great, though!

Echoing others, great work with all your costumes, and thanks for posting your continued Han progress!

Well I finally made it out to the store to pick up some Perma Blue. I'm pretty happy with the results so far. If I were to do it again, which I probably will, I'll heat the parts up right before bluing. Either way, here they are with a few applications...

IMG02431-20130302-1829_zps8dcea333.jpg

And a rough fitting of the parts on my Denix.

IMG02434-20130303-2023_zpsd527724d.jpg

There is still some work left to do. The super detail people will notice the hammer is missing. Somehow I broke the spring for it, so I will have to fab a new one before it gets completely reassembled. The grill is not on due to clearance issues with the scope mount bar. I don't want to shave the grill, so I think for now I will just add some washers to space the bar out farther.

I'm hoping to snag some wood grips soon and get those mounted soon. Shooting to eventually find a real C96. For the meantime, this will do. Weighs a bit over 4 pounds. Definitely gives the impression of being real.

Huge thanks to deadbolt, kpax, and Dark Energy Creations for making this kit happen.

I dont remember Bruce Campbells shirt being THAT torn...
Mabey a little, but definately not shredded.

I think Joker was the most accurate. :thumbsup

Update:
This project isn't dead, but is now getting moved to the indefinite back burner...
I just tried to get the boots on today, and I can longer get them over my calves. While this is good news for my muscle building I've been trying to do lately, I'll need to get the boots modified to fit, which is not something I'm even remotely interested in doing right now.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back