Anigrand Star Destroyer 1/2256 by dtssyst FINISHED!

Re: Anigrand Star Destroyer 1/2256 by dtssyst

Looks awesome - I wish I had jumped on the wagon when these were available... :angry

How big is this and whats the main difference with a Randy Cooper KIT? RC captured the ESB look
very well.

GFollano

Last edited:

dtssyst, that's looking fantastic! Excellent control with the Dremel on the engines! I just drilled straight thru mine with a 5mm bit. I cut a clear frosted disk to snap into the larger outer ring in there to diffuse the LED.

I love the that shuttle! I see you made the correct bends in the wings. I forgot to on mine.:angry

So, what color LEDs are you going to use for the engines?

dtssyst, that's looking fantastic! Excellent control with the Dremel on the engines! I just drilled straight thru mine with a 5mm bit. I cut a clear frosted disk to snap into the larger outer ring in there to diffuse the LED.

I love the that shuttle! I see you made the correct bends in the wings. I forgot to on mine.:angry

Robiwon, dtssyst is building this for me on commission so I can answer some of your questions. It's still up in the air but I think we are going to go with a warm white for the main engines and a cool white for the four small engines.

Thanks for the compliment on the engines. I will attempt the other two on Wed if not sooner. The shuttle is awesome but very small. I did bend the wings as close to what I thought was correct.
dlbsyst has chosen the colors for the engines, now I have to try and attain what he wants.

I have been working on this kit. I just was not posting anything here on this forum. Sorry about that. I have been posting on resinilluminati. I hope the following pictures are what you are looking for.

Last edited:

As you can see, a lot of progress has been made. A little more painting and then trimming the fiber optic strands is just about all that is left.

The Medical Frigate kit is also in progress. These ships will be on the base as shown. I think they all look great together not to mention that it helps show the scale of things.

Sym-Cha,
Thanks for asking if there where any updates.

How big is this and whats the main difference with a Randy Cooper KIT? RC captured the ESB look
very well.

GFollano

Sorry for not responding sooner.

The Anigrand SD is about 28" long.
Not sure on the main differences. I do know that the RC is a bit bigger.

Hi there,

You're welcome. It looks great. Awaiting patiently more pictures of your work in progress!

-Chaim

Last edited:

The Star Destroyer is finished.
All engines light up and there are 1500+ fiber optic windows.
Due to the sun, most if not all of the windows are washed out.
Please enjoy the pics.

Last edited:
Killer job...hope mine comes out nearly as nice.

Have you started yours? I'm about halfway with mine. Lighted, over 800 windows. Post some pics when you can. Would like to follow your build as well.

When your SD arrives dlbsyst please post more picctures!:cool

dlbsyst kit shipped to him on Monday.
He should have it tomorrow!

I am sure he will be posting more photos so stay tuned.

Have you started yours? I'm about halfway with mine. Lighted, over 800 windows. Post some pics when you can. Would like to follow your build as well.

Haven't started it yet, no. Been in collecting mode so far this year, checking off items on my grail kit list. Aside from that, been busy learning the arts of casting...

Arise, dead thread, arise!

What color paint did you use on this beauty? It's exactly the color I want for my build, and I was curious if you'd share your wisdom on this.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back